URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1286
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"VH1's BSTV show"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 05-25-05 at 05:00 PM
I'm not sure exactly when this premiered, but I caught parts of a couple of episodes of this late, late at night a few days ago. While the actual main pranks around which the show is based pretty much suck, I have to say seeing proof of the stupid desperate depths that some of these former reality TV whores will stoop to in their attempt to stay on TV is extremely funny.

In the two episodes I watched, Apprentice 1 contestant Heidi Bressler and Bachelorette 1 contestant Charlie Maher were featured -- with both of them responding enthusiastically when pitched some of the most absurd reality show ideas that you've ever heard.

I think Evan Marriott and Jenna Lewis are also on episodes, but I missed them.

Btw, Joe Schmo 2's Ernie the Rich Heir is one of the pranksters. If you have a DVR, this is definitely a record-it-and-fast-forward-through-the-dumb-skits show, but I did find the former reality folks parts humorous.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: VH1's BSTV show"
Posted by volsfan on 05-30-05 at 08:38 PM
I just saw previews of this show and it looked funny. I may try and tape a few episodes.

Posted by shabalaba on 05-31-05 at 01:01 PM
I thought that these DAWs would have to sign a release to be featured on this show...is it true that any exposure is good exposure???I'm thinking in a situation like this, they wouldn't want people to see how forthcomingly (is that a word?) desperate they truly are. I would think that's just like getting Punk'd. How embarassing getting busted being so desperate for your 5 mins of fame!!!!

Posted by archon on 05-31-05 at 04:04 PM
Gotta agree on the releases. Its one thing to embarass yourself in these fake setups. Its another to sign the release so the world can see what an idiot you are...

Oh, and the bimb from the Apprentice -- when she was pitched a show that would require her head to be swapped with a monkeys (not computer-animation, but actual surgery) -- how could she not have known that the whole thing was a setup. What a DAW!

Funny show...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Posted by volsfan on 05-31-05 at 05:28 PM
I think these people are just being light hearted and accepting the fact that they did get punkd. Why not? If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

Posted by archon on 06-01-05 at 08:39 AM
I have no problem about the ability to laugh at oneself...

I do it all the time...

But I was talking about not being able to recognize you are being 'punkd' after -- i dunno -- the 12th time someone tells you something completely off the wall!

Like the "show" where they were looking for women to win a boat if they could screw the most men. Come on -- you cant really think that would be on anything but the playboy channel, do you?

Gives you a good idea how desperate some people are for attention..

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)