URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 128
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"From the Horses' mouth"

Posted by LaLaLisa on 08-26-05 at 11:08 AM
Someone referenced a live chat INXS (Tim & Kirk) did (sorry I forget who to give credit.) I found the link finally.

http://rockstar.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=58650

(I assume you are all junkies like me and saw there's going to be a chat with John & Garry next Wed on www.rockstar.msn.com.)

Interesting tidbits from the AU chat:
________
MiG-29 asks: Is it possible that you would choose a female singer and if so, would it be a problem changing key and other aspects for songs you have already written?
Kirk: Absolutely. We started this with eight female singers. We are completely open to that. And yes, it would create some issues with keys but hey, we're musicians and we can sort that out with no problems.
Tim: It does seem though from the voting, that we may have to surprise people because it seems people are trying to tell us they can't imagine us with a female singer. But you never know.

frances asks: Do you find it frustrating when you offer the contestants advice to improve their performance and they don't take it?
Kirk: Not really because that also shows a strength and belief on who they are. That is also what we are looking for.
Tim: Sometimes the criticism we give them is testing their mettle and strength of character. You have to be careful, because our comments often influence the voting.

loveinxsalways asks: Did you expect the public following to be as huge as it is?
Tim: Always hoping, but it's a lovely surprise with the show being such a success. Sure, you get your knockers, but the positives far, far outweigh the knockers. The show and the singers seem to polarise people. At least we are not giving out vanilla. This is rock and roll, love it or hate it, no in-betweens.
lyndal asks: Kirk, do you guys take much note of behind-the-scene going ons, such as JD's attempt at overriding the others. After all, you would have to work with him. Does this come into the final decision on who you would pick?
Kirk: Absolutely. That was one of the main ideas of the show. In putting them all in a house together it brings out their true personalities and how they work and relate with other people.

Benjamin asks: Why don't you guys play as the backing band when the performers do INXS tunes?
Kirk: Obviously you're not watching the show because apart from last week and the first couple of episodes members of the band have got up and performed the INXS songs in the elimination shows.
Tim: As Tim the Eliminator, we cannot play with any singer as a band because that's the prize. Individual people can get up and play but I personally have a problem with playing with someone I'm about to eliminate from the show. It's hard enough as it is.

Hope this wasn't too long or maybe I shoulda put them as seperate threads.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: From the Horses' mouth"
Posted by photokitty on 08-27-05 at 01:33 AM
No! It's not too long! It was very interesting. Thanks so much for taking the time to put that up. It answered some questions I had...

"RE: From the Horses' mouth"
Posted by Tamena on 08-27-05 at 06:37 AM
Post appreciation here too =)
thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.