URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1274
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Feb 6th Episode"

Posted by Elaine0 on 02-07-06 at 06:49 AM
I didn't think it was possible, but Sarah Tenn's parents are more boring than she is. They seem like nice people, but oh so boring.

Travis should not have been allowed to bring her parents to his house. Isn't the point of the hometown visits to put the bachelor in unfamiliar surroundings? He is the one that is supposed to be uncomfortable, not the parents. The parents may have put him more on the spot if he was in their home instead of being guests in his where he could control the situation. I think it was an unfair advantage she had over the other women. No wonder he would feel closer to her since he got to spend time with her in his house where they would live if they were to get married.

Did I hear wrong or did Susan actually tell her mother that she's in this to advance her acting career? Didn't she say acting was still her goal and what she was doing would advance it? If so, give her that Oscar now. She sure knows how to say the right things to him.

I liked Sarah Canada, but she is young. Sarah Tenn is settled and happy in her life and wouldn't require much of an adjustment living with him in Nashville.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Feb 6th Episode"
Posted by KScott on 02-07-06 at 08:31 AM
"Sarah Tenn is settled and happy in her life and wouldn't require much of an adjustment living with him in Nashville."

I agree except he wants to move to the mountains and she likes it where she is. I don't know about them two together. I like her better than the rest because she seems more down to earth, but I don't know it the doc is really ready for that.

I got Bobbed
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by frisky on 02-07-06 at 11:02 AM
I don't think the doc is ready for anything. He doesn't want a divorcee, and he doesn't want a young, innocent lil thing.

He keeps referring to Sarah Tenn as a friend. If he were smart, he'd pick her and then see if the friendship develops into something else beyond the show.

Susan is auditioning for a soap opera, and Moana is unstable and clingy.

Sarah and her family seem really down-to-earth. Her mother didn't go all gaa-gaa about her daughter possibly being a doctor'$ wife. She seemed to respect the fact that her daughter is a professional in her own right, and didn't need the "doctor's wife" label to give her some sort of identity. She was more concerned that Travis would be married to his job.

Rolly made this.

Posted by shabalaba on 02-07-06 at 01:50 PM
I agree with you 100% Frisky...
also, I noted that he keeps calling her "friend"...I didn't really see the chemistry, fireworks, connection...or whatever you want to call it between Travis and Sarah from Tenn. But let's re-focus here. We all know the producers of the Bachelor are notorious for stringing their audience in the wrong direction only to pull a fast one at the end. The person they want us to think he is having the deepest feelings for is never the one he actually picks. It's all in the slant they want to push.

Posted by CattyChat on 02-07-06 at 04:15 PM
I also agree 100% with you, Frisky.

These were probably the worst family visits in the history of this show. It is obvious that NONE of these girls are right for Travis.

1. Sarah Winipeg (DUH, Doctor. It took Travis this long to realize that a 23-year-old is at a different point in their life than a 33 year old?

2. Sara Tennessee - How many times did he say FRIEND? It's obvious he is not into Sarah (she's too good for him anyway). I think he kept her along so he could have a quick visit to his home turf & see his dog during the home visits.

3. Moana - Aside from the little emotional outburst, I really think she is the most mature of these women and light years more mature than Dr. Duh. Also, while I thought her father & stepmom were overly harsh, it was nice to see some reality checks on these family visits. Cut to the chase. I thought it was kinda funny the way Dad called out Dr. Duh on his "canned responses."

4. Susan - Actually, of all the girls Travis deserves her the most. She is obviously using the show for a possible career boost. It really sounded to me as though her fiance did the dumping & I think she may just be on a vendetta against the male species at this time. She's ready to reel in Dr. Duh & dump him like she was dumped. Also, the fact that Dr. Duh kept Susan after her own mother said he should be wary of her REAL intentions, is just mind boggling. If her parents actually say negative things about her, maybe you should listen.

I was shocked there was a promo asking for people to send in nominations for the next bachelor or bachelorette. I really think this show just gets worse & worse. It's the same old carp. I said it before . . . Best bachelor ever? Seriously? Dr. Duh is the best they could find after scouring the U.S.? Either the producers think the viewers have very low standards and poor taste or they are all smoking crack.

I'm done with this show.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by Danger Bunny on 02-09-06 at 08:00 PM
> Either the producers think the
> viewers have very low standards
> and poor taste or they are all
> smoking crack.

I think you used 'or' where you meant to use 'and'.

Posted by meemee2000 on 02-07-06 at 11:12 PM
Have you all noticed that they didn't show one single negative thing about Sarah TN? Not an awkward moment...not a misstep...nada! Oooh she may not want to leave Nashville - big whoop! That makes me highly suspicious of what these producers are up to. Call me Cynical Suzy, but I think they are setting up everyone to like Sarah just to have a bomb drop when she gets dumped!

Posted by Rockytop Chick on 02-08-06 at 03:06 PM
The reason that her parents came to his house was because she lives in Nashville, but her parents live about 120 miles away in Jackson, TN. It was easier for him to have her parents over to his house than to load up all the crew and equipment and drive two hours once he had seen her place. I guess alternatives would have been to either have them over to her small apartment, or to skip the nashvill epart altogether and just go to her parents place.

If he were just keeping her around so he could go home for a couple of days, why is she still there?

Posted by LibraryBook on 02-08-06 at 05:12 PM
Who says the faces and reactions Travis makes are actually to that person? They can easily cut his reactions to another person or another time, and place their cuts wherever they want to make the most confusing impact.
One thing that is interesting: They've set Susan up for us all to hate and doubt her. They've set Moana up for us all to feel sorry for her and think she's crazy. They've set Sarah up to be perfect, but "just a friend". Who knows how any of them really feel? The only place where I think they don't do much cutting and real emotions are shown is at the final rose ceremony (which is what most people want to see anyway.) My favorite still is Meredith and Ian's (whose relationship at least seemed passionate, even if it didn't last)....

Posted by Elaine0 on 02-09-06 at 06:22 AM
They've set Susan up for us all to hate and doubt her. They've set Moana up for us all to feel sorry for her and think she's crazy. They've set Sarah up to be perfect, but "just a friend".

But you can be sure, at least according to the editing, everything will turn out wonderful. Travis will wake up the day he picks out the ring and has this big awakening where he realizes who his true love is. Of course the night before he'll be filled with doubt because he cares about all of them so much and doesn't know who to pick. That's the way it always goes, right?

Posted by frisky on 02-09-06 at 10:21 AM
Yes, just like last season it was a big surprise that Charlie was so smitten by Sarah Bee, when it seemed that he had a closer, um, connection with Krisileasy. But by the finale, he was absolutely googly-eyed over Sarah, something we never saw during the show.

Rolly made this.

Posted by BostonRN on 02-09-06 at 08:36 PM
YES, I agree. Sarah Tenn's parent's looked VERY boring. But, we all know that the editors slice/dice/crop/paste the episodes to their liking. With that said, I almost died when they showed her father out by the grill with Travis, talking about red meat. Travis said, "What cut of meat is your favorite?" Are you kidding me Travis? Couldn't you think of anything more insightful to say?