URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1273
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"ADOPTION"

Posted by Jenoc99 on 03-20-06 at 01:30 PM
Are you adopted? If so, how would you feel if your biological parent contacted you? Have you ever looked for your biological parents? Was there a reunion? Do you have a healthy relationship with them?
Did you give a child up for adoption? Have you contacted the now-adult child, and if so, how did it go? Do you have a relationship?
If you haven't looked for your biological child or parent, why not?
I'm very curious, and I appreciate any responses to these questions! I will share my own adoption stories if/when there are responses to this post. Thanks!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Locking - wrong forum"
Posted by Bebo on 03-20-06 at 01:48 PM
This forum is for addressing the program Starting Over. If you want to have personal discussions like this, they belong on our Off-Topic forum. Show forums are reserved for show discussions, per our community guidelines.

"RE: ADOPTION"
Posted by Zoey on 03-20-06 at 01:52 PM
I am not the child of adoption, however, my father was unpresent in our lives (my sister an myself). He was abusive and my mother divorced him because he was a danger, so naturally, she didn't want us to have anything to do with him either. The only role he was supposed to play was paying child suppor, which he didn't.

We never knew him. I don't want to know him and am glad that we don't.

They were both very young when they got married but my mom did her job, he didn't. And for what he did to my mom, I wouldn't want to know him.

Our lives are MUCH better off wothout him, I'm sure of that.