URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1273
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Britney Spears wants all of us dead."

Posted by Estee on 05-17-05 at 04:38 PM
Her reality show premieres tonight. That should get at least a tenth of us.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Britney Spears wants all of us dead."
Posted by ginger on 05-17-05 at 05:08 PM
Whazza matter, Estee...can't handle her truth?

Actually, I wouldn't want to touch her truth, either. You don't know where that's been.

Posted by Snidget on 05-17-05 at 07:54 PM
Reading the blurb in the paper today about this show I opined that Britney and Kevin were spawning was proof that there was no all-powerful and loving God.

He/She/It/They would never allow such a travesty to be unleashed upon anyone they care about.

And if He/She/It/They didn't have the power to stop this, then all was lost.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-18-05 at 07:05 AM
Admit it, you worship her & you know you watched it.

It's on UPN! How good could it be?!?

Posted by Pensha26 on 05-18-05 at 09:48 AM
I will admit that I watched 5 minutes of it. I just couldn't stand the camcorder closeups. They should just put this on DVD and be done with it.

Posted by ginger on 05-18-05 at 12:00 PM
Yeah, Porecam was scary. Couldn't decide if it was Brave of Brittknee to let us see all her zits, up close 'n' personal.

The whole six minutes or so I watched I was thinking about Tonya Harding and Jeff Galoolie.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-18-05 at 12:51 PM
I'm going to guess that there is no need for Estee to volunteer to write all of the summaries!

A J Slice original ©2004

Posted by Bebo on 05-18-05 at 02:50 PM
I was actually going to try and summarize ep. 1, but then my common sense took over and left me yelling, "For the love of God, turn that off!!!!" to Mr. B.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Posted by ARnutz on 05-18-05 at 08:39 PM
I wonder if anybody even watched it. Most people probably had the same reaction as you, LOL!

Isn't it funny that we're here discussing a show that none of us actually had the stomach to watch?

A J Slice original ©2004

Posted by Hoobie on 05-19-05 at 01:21 PM
OK, OK I took one for the team and watched all 60 minutes of it.

I agree that Britney has come off looking much worse for the wear: (sleeping with Kevin 6 days after meeting him, blowing off a promo to *bleep* Kevin all day, smoking, asking about lewd sexual positions, getting drunk). I cannot believe anyone would advise her that this is OK to air. However, like a train wreck, I will tune in next week to see their relationship develop.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-19-05 at 02:21 PM
How brave of you to admit to watching the "trainwreck".

Thanks for letting us know just how bad it was.

A J Slice original © 2004

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 05-19-05 at 05:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-05 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

>OK, OK I took one for the team and watched all
>60 minutes of it.

I also watched the whole thing -- albeit late, late Tuesday night after I used the last two nights to finish catching up on all the Sunday shows that Survivor had caused me to miss
>
>I agree that Britney has come off looking much worse for
>the wear: (sleeping with Kevin 6 days after meeting him,
>blowing off a promo to *bleep* Kevin all day, smoking,
>asking about lewd sexual positions, getting drunk).

Well, I thought I had watched all of it, but apparently not in good enough detail --I don't recall mention of the missed promo (although I do remember her repeated comments about how great Kevin was in bed -- gee, anyone else think including that footage was "executive producer" Kevin Federline's decision?)

>I cannot believe anyone would advise her
>that this is OK to air. However, like a
>train wreck, I will tune in next week to see
>their relationship develop.

I also found myself shocked that she thought airing all the sex talk, smoking, drinking, etc. footage was good for her image. I thought she'd just spent the last half a decade telling everyone that all the media stories that she was a sleazy party girl whore weren't true and that her slutty reputation was just part of her on-stage persona???

Guess those were like her "I'm not pregnant" denials. Thanks for stating the "truth" straight Britney! (it turns out the "truth" was worse than the "fiction")

The only person who came off good in the whole thing was the beefy security guard dude -- who seemed to be the only person in Britney's whole entourage to realize that Kevin Federline was a pathetic loser (although I'm sure his "arc" will end with expressing regret with how wrong he was and what a great guy Kevin was and how the two are perfect together)

The funny thing is that no one watched the show -- other than apparently the young women for whom she apparently doesn't claim to be a role model.

Posted by Angelfood on 05-19-05 at 03:45 PM
NO way!!! there's more than one episode???
what else is there to uncover?

I saw about 3 mins worth. Do I lose a leg or just 1000 brain cells?

Posted by Estee on 05-19-05 at 06:38 PM
Ha. Ha. Ha.

Like Bebo, I thought about doing the first episode. Unlike Bebo, I never got as far as turning the thing on.

"Setting the record straight"
Posted by Bebo on 05-19-05 at 10:17 PM
Mr. Bebo was channel surfing. I was in another room at the computer. When I heard who was on TV, that's when I started begging for a channel change.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

"Yeah, right."
Posted by Estee on 05-20-05 at 09:09 AM
Bebo luvs Britney! Bebo luvs Britney!

Posted by weltek on 05-18-05 at 02:55 PM
The funny part is, nobody expects much from Mr. Federline, so he has nothing to lose.

Mrs. Federline, though, will probably come off worse than she already has....if that's possible.

This show was just a bad, bad career move. I might haver to watch at least part of an episode just to say how bad.

Posted by uglier than sarah w on 05-19-05 at 11:11 AM
Oh my God...as one of my co-workers said, "I actually feel dumber and smarter after watching that show!" If I had kids, I wouldn't let them anywhere near this--it was on WAY to early to be that raunchy-granted it's UPN but LORD!

They should call it Moronic instead of Chaotic.

Posted by Oscirus on 05-25-05 at 09:29 AM
I had to choose between romber and the federlines and I messed up. At least Amber was nice to look at and I doubt that their wedding would have killed that many brain cells

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Posted by uglier than sarah w on 05-27-05 at 11:51 AM
um...they replay it on MTV on Thursday nights at 10 in case you miss it...not that i watched it again or anything...;) ::embarrassed:: C'mon I was knitting the last part of a scarf and was too lazy to change the channel!!!

Posted by shabalaba on 05-27-05 at 01:00 PM
I can not BELIEVE that she could possibly think this would be good for her career!!!! What the heck is up with that??? She needs to fire that publicist of hers!!! But then again, she probably would just find one that agrees with her...after all, the Federlines are the executive producers so obviously, this includes all the low down carp they want us to see...she just comes across so skanky and nasty...the rise and fall of a pop princess....I see shades of Whitney and Bobby somewhere in the Federline love story...hope I'm wrong...

Posted by archon on 06-03-05 at 08:32 AM
"I see shades of Whitney and Bobby somewhere in the Federline love story"

Ditto -- but this time, I dont her hubby will get her hooked on crack -- I think it will be her fans that turn to crack to forget the images they have seen...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Posted by DonnaLynn on 05-27-05 at 02:04 PM
I, too, sat through the entire first episode (what's wrong with me?)... Even though after the first 5 mins I was sick to my stomach with disgust...

All I could think was that my impressionable little nieces who idolize her were watching this horrible show. I'm sorry, but hearing her say "I've had sex 3 times today" made my skin crawl. Especially since she just met Kevin and on top of that, I still remember the big news conference she held back when she was with Justin about how she was going to stay "A VIRGIN" until she got married.

If you're gonna have sex before marriage, then have the decency to do it in private and DON'T tell everyone you are sweet and innocent when you are quite the contrary.

What's really sad is that someone like this gets pregnant right out of the hatch and people like my husband and I have been trying for over a year with no luck at all. Why does it seem like the trashier a person, the more fertile they are?

Sorry, just had to rant!

--Donna :~)

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 06-03-05 at 07:02 PM
What's really sad is that someone like this gets pregnant right out of the hatch and people like my husband and I have been trying for over a year with no luck at all. Why does it seem like the trashier a person, the more fertile they are?

- because they are young and foolish (that's why they talk about it like its cool)

sorry about your plight... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. try acupuncture btw... I think it really helped me have my son (IVF) b/c we only got the one good egg....