URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1272
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"No more fly-overs?"

Posted by Canada Girl on 08-06-07 at 06:56 PM
TMZ's top story right now is about the pilot who was planning another banner message. Glad they took care of that.

http://www.tmz.com/

Here's the article:

UPDATE: To be absolutely clear, the banner that appeared on last night's show was NOT pulled by Jerry.

The producers of the CBS reality show "Big Brother" have grounded a pilot they say planned on ruining the show.

Lawyers for Endemol USA Inc. sent a cease and desist letter to Jerry Hider of Blue Yonder Air, to stop him from flying his plane over the "Big Brother" house. According to Endemol, Hider was planning a flyover carrying a message that told the other players in the house that Eric is "America's Player" -- essentially ruining part of the game.

Endemol alleges that by doing this, Hider's proposed actions would violate a "tort of intentional interference of an advantageous business relationship" -- or, in layman's terms, "Dude, don't ruin the game!"

Hider alleges that he's not trying to ruin the game, and that he was simply paid to do a job. The peeved pilot wouldn't release the name of the person who has been hiring him to make "Big Brother"-related runs, but said that up until now he, CBS and Endemol enjoyed "a symbiotic relationship." In 2001, Endemol even produced a story about the banner operation.

In a statement to TMZ, CBS says: "It's always great to have fans that are this engaged and passionate about 'Big Brother.' However, we also need to protect the integrity of the competition, which does not allow any outside influence on the houseguests who are sequestered from the public broadcast and therefore unaware of some of the secret twists in the show."

Is Hider going to try to fight Endemol and CBS? Not likely. He told us "If I had a bunch of attorneys I would fight this, but it's not worth my time."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: No more fly-overs?"
Posted by Glass on 08-06-07 at 09:00 PM
LOL, "Not worth my time" is right...

Posted by agman on 08-07-07 at 08:48 PM
I agree, I think the whole thing is stupid. Not worth anyone's time!!!

Posted by Aruba on 08-07-07 at 06:31 PM
CBS could stop the fly-overs of they really wanted to. Every HG probably signs a gazillion forms, waivers and releases before they enter the House. What's another form to state they forfeit all stipends, prizes and any association with BB for life if they decide to be a sorry-a$$ sore loser like Nick or the other crybabies before him that uses the fly-over to seek vengence (and possibly ruin the game).

OH wait a minute..that means the producers would have to actually make a smart decison. OPPS...sorry...my bad.

Posted by kingfish on 08-07-07 at 08:15 PM
Well, maybe, if the flyover was instigated by a former hamster.

But chances are that it wasn't, it could very well have been instigated by just a regular citizen wannabe celeb, a buttinski idiot. There are a lot of them out there.

The producers are going to run into logistics problems getting the entire viewing audience to sign those forms.

Posted by joannie on 08-07-07 at 08:39 PM
>Well, maybe, if the flyover was
>instigated by a former hamster.

I heard a rumor on Jokers that at least one of the banner planes was sent by Janelle. There is that Nick/Minnesota connection. I wonder if they know eachother?

I also wouldn't put it past troublemakers like Will and Mike Boogie to stir things up with a banner plane, and stir things up, IT HAS! Maybe they also want to tip off Jen (rumored CT player).

Posted by kingfish on 08-07-07 at 10:37 PM
That could be true too.

But their contracts with CBS are over, at least as far as their BB seasons go. The chances that they would be invited back for a third time is remote, I'm sure, so the forms/contracts idea is still a non-starter.

Posted by Glass on 08-07-07 at 10:37 PM
As if Will and Boogie don't have better things to do.

That's the difference between this breed of Hamsters and HG's past... Will and Boogie were successful for a reason. They're much more developed human beings and much smarter than these twits. They're both business owners and Will's a successful dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon (with his own practice, no?). And they're not big fish in a small pond like Kail either.

No, I definitely think Will and Boogie are definitely too busy for nonsense like this. Besides, Will's banner would have said "You guys are definitely not as smart as Chilltown."

If any former HG's are involved it would have to be an idiot like a Howie. I actually wouldn't be surprised.

Posted by Aruba on 08-09-07 at 05:21 AM
I have to agree with the other posters and say it probably was NOT instigated by a former hamster. If it ONLY mentioned Eric and Amber as liars...maybe. But the "love Nick" nonsense leads to a reasonalbe assumption that there was a Nick connection. Boo-Hoo...Sore Loser!

If CBS really wanted to get to he bottom of it, they could find out.