URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1266
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Moana the next Oscar Winner?"

Posted by weyhing4 on 01-31-06 at 10:16 AM
Did anybody buy into the waterworks our high maintinance mystery girl put on last night? I am afraid I lost the remaining respect I had for her- the tearful blubber with her sudden coversion from indifference to warm fuzzy feelings for Dr. Douchebag made me throw food at my TV. I bet dozens of guys have fallen for this BS from her in the past, but not this one. Women actors like her are such skillful liars THEY ARE DANGEROUS. I am with Tara- Moana has some sinister and self centered ulternate motives for sticking around on this show. SHE IS EVIL.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Moana the next Oscar Winner?"
Posted by woiwod on 01-31-06 at 10:58 AM
I actually have begun to like Moana. She seems to me the most genuine one there. She has real feelings and is very vulnerable. I don't think she is acting and I do think the other girls have turned against her because she is genuine and they don't like that.

Posted by Layla on 01-31-06 at 11:45 AM
Who would NOT break down after a barrage of vicous attacks received from a gang of women? I was so disgusted, saddened, and dissappointed by that gang's behavior. Moana is the ONLY one I like now. She seems genuine to me. As for oscar winners - didin't I see Tara with her arm slung over Moana's shoulder as they were walking back from their bike ride?

Posted by weyhing4 on 01-31-06 at 01:10 PM
Good Point- I did NOT see that. Maybe Tara was drunk as usual, which might explain why she lost the race.

Posted by thecrossbowkid on 01-31-06 at 11:49 AM
The other girls did gang up on her, probably out of catty jealousy at all the attention she was receiving, but this this pretty typical of this class of women. I did feel (just a little) sorry for when she was outside listening to all the catty comments.

However,I do not believe she is a genuine person and seems dangerously manipulative with her phony baloney emotional outbursts. Doctor Stork is too DUMB to see this.

Posted by Little Blimp on 01-31-06 at 01:59 PM
I like Moana the best out of all of them. For Tara to whisper in Dr. Stork's ear about someone "yanking his chain" was downright silly.

I felt bad for Moana when the others were gossiping about her. But, that's the way I am when it comes to other women. Talk to my face, don't gang up on me behind my back.

Posted by CBailey on 01-31-06 at 03:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-06 AT 03:29 PM (EST)

Moana said straight out to the other women that she did not like Dr. Stork. I don't blame the other women for not likeing Moana she seems to always be pulling away Dr. Stork and talking to him when she said that she didn't like him, and the other girls just want to get to know him better especially meaning they do like him.

Edited for spelling

Posted by itzsue on 01-31-06 at 04:23 PM
Dear Moan"A"
I'm not going to pretend I wasn't disappointed to see you break down in tears on last night's edition of The Bachelor, but at least for the first few episodes, you tried to conduct yourself with some self-respect. In your defense, even the toughest of cookies might've crumbled under the same hellish conditions: isolated in a foreign country, surrounded by a pack of jealous, desperate she-beasts (like drunken Tara and plastic Susan) who seem to get far more animated when they're ganging up on you than they do during their dates with Travis.

What was your crime again, Moana? Oh, that's right, failing to declare your love for a man you've been dating for less than two weeks, the same man who's simultaneously courting at least five other women. If this is the framework for a ''fairy tale romance,'' as your fellow Bachelorettes keep calling it, then what's Jame Gumb's basement pit in Silence of the Lambs? A relaxing day spa?

I don't know what infuriated me more, that Travis brought back booted Jen and Shiloh to choose which remaining women would get individual dates, or seeing these same bitter hyenas tag-team you -- ''You're not nervous at all?'' ''You absolutely should be.'' -- without ever acknowledging how jealous they were that you'd outlasted them in the competition.

How I wish you'd gotten up and left the room rather than spilling your guts to them! You should've realized no man is worth such misery -- certainly not one who travels to Paris to fall in love, then admits he doesn't even like French food. Mon dieu! Sure, he's a doctor with a washboard stomach, but he's only got one adjective (''amazing'') in his repertoire. (Sort of like Jehan, who's similarly obsessed with the word ''awesome.'') And he's about as emotionally developed as a wedge of Brie. Too bad you didn't hear his to-the-camera confessional: ''I'm just gonna base the next rose ceremony on what I'm feeling. Because, at this point, feelings I think are the most important thing.''

See what I mean? Seriously, it's not too late to pack your bags (and your dignity) and get the heck out of the reality game. It'd be, like, awesome and amazing if you did.

Posted by qwertypie on 01-31-06 at 05:25 PM
WOW! So well said.
Welcome to the boards itzsue!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by CattyChat on 01-31-06 at 09:54 PM
You summed up my thoughts to a tee, ItzSue. Great post!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by Layla on 02-01-06 at 09:22 AM
My sentiments exactly, itzsue! Excellent post! Moana is far too mature and sophisticated for this group. She should get out NOW. I can't really see her with Mr. "Doesn't Like French Food" anyway.

Posted by frisky on 02-01-06 at 01:14 PM
Hmmm...witty, snarky, AND sarcastic.

I like you.

Welcome aboard.

Rolly made this.

Posted by frisky on 02-07-06 at 03:48 PM
On second thought, let me take back the compliment, and pass it on to Michael Slezak, the REAL author of this very well articulated snark.

Rolly made this.
I thought that looked familiar. Geez...

"Wow Wow Wow"
Posted by Karchita on 02-07-06 at 05:23 PM
Good catch, Frisky!
Plagiarists are the lowest of the low.

Posted by kathliam on 02-01-06 at 01:42 PM
Great post, Itzie (may I call you Itzie?). Pretty well sums up everything I felt about Monday night.

Wow, and first post, too! Welcome to the boards. Hope you stick around.

Posted by Elaine0 on 02-01-06 at 07:19 AM
It seems every season there is one woman the others gang up on. Last season was the blonde who said she was too beautiful. Was that Sarah? Before that was Trish. Then there was the dark haired one, Kirsten?, in Andrew's season. It is always someone the bachelor is attracted to and doesn't open up as much with other women. Now sometimes it seems to be justified. The women do get to see more of each other than the bachelor does. But when this season started I couldn't help but wonder who would be the black sheep. Moana fit the bill. She didn't spill her instant love over Travis to the other women and sit around planning their lives together. She seem more realistic and didn't dream of Prince Charming and the fairy tale with the others.

I can't decide if her feelings towards Travis are real. They could be and she's been cautious. But I wouldn't blame her if she is just acting to tick off the other women. Who could blame her after the others ganged up on her. How tempting would it be to play up to Travis since was attracted to you and knowing how every minute you spent with him got under the other's skin.

Posted by Layla on 02-02-06 at 06:43 PM
I can't speak for all females, or this silly show, weyhing4, but I for one, do NOT enjoy being upset and crying, so can't imagine using it as a manipulation technique. Anyone else care to comment on that? Anyway the Bachelor looked like a deer in the headlights to me during Moana's tears -- What have I gotten myself into?? I have to admit he's pretty darned cute, but I don't think he's mature and ready for marriage.

Posted by Rhyn on 02-03-06 at 07:02 AM
Anyone else care to comment on that?

I will. I don't like to be upset, either, but I have none plenty of people (usually women, though some men do this, too) who just absolutely feed on that kind of drama. They need that instability to be truly happy.

I've also known people who claim to be "hard" that really do crumble under pressure, and I think Moana is of this sort. I don't believe that she is so over-the-top that she fits well with the people who need drama. I think she truly digs on Travis (I don't recall her saying that she wasn't into him, but I know the other girls on the talk about her saying just that very thing rather frequently) and that she just doesn't fit in.

I, for one, think it's incredibly creepy the way some of the girls make friends in the house, and I don't see the relations between the women as any indicator of their value as a potential partner. I know that if I was into someone, and he was dating me and others, there's no way I would warm to the other woman or women. I think Moana is perfectly natural is her isolation and that the other women are being creepy.

I don't know if I like Moana as a person, but I think she's a completely legitimate contestant. What I mean is, I don't think anything she's done is anything different from what women, put into a real life situation like this, would do.

"Oh, I was wrong"
Posted by Rhyn on 02-08-06 at 06:34 AM
She's much more in the "instability makes me happy" camp. Good lord, she's a nutcase.

Posted by thecrossbowkid on 02-08-06 at 07:46 AM
AHA!! Weyhing 4 was right! I just saw Mondays episode. Did anyone buy into that phoney baloney cryfest on the tape? UNSTABLE SKANK- She is a USER. She is the type of borderline personality that uses and abuses stupid and naive men- always drama, always the center of attention- poor Moana- she "sound a piece of myself" in Dr. Travis. The fact that he dissed Winnipeg Sarah ahead of her proves how stipid he truly is.

Posted by Little Blimp on 02-08-06 at 05:20 PM
I disagree. Winnipeg Sarah had to go! She is too young for him, far too naive, and definitely not a doctor's wife. And I could not stand that druggie voice of hers! Ewwwwwwwwwww. Learn to speak, Sarah!

I do like Moana and don't think she's faking.

Posted by Layla on 02-08-06 at 08:03 PM
I still like Moana, too. I have to admit I was disappointed with her tearful video message -- maybe she does have a few "issues" -- maybe I'm nuts too! I don't think she's faking. I thought I saw a pretty passionate kiss between Travis and Moana and they are both athletic.

I can see how the producers and Americans would like Tenn Sarah. She seems like the All American girl next door and has those cutesy kindergarteners, but I don't see any spark between them. No matter how "right" someone is, if that initial spark is not there, I don't think it will work.
I'm sure if Tenn Sarah had not been on a date with Travis, she would have been happily joining in the Beochfest about Moana with the rest of them.

I think Travis is on to Susan, but she is very pretty. The next phase is the overnights and this DAW has made it clear she will do ANYTHING. Who could resist that?

I'll bet we won't see Travis marrying anybody any time soon.