URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 1266
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother 10 Week 4 ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 08-03-08 at 01:51 PM
So let's review what we know is gonna be on this week's show so far, shall we?

1. The HoH contest was an Endurance/Torture contest, and that's always fun for us to watch.

2. Dan was selected to be America's Player for the week, and his marching orders will consist of: Getting America's choice nominated, if possible (Sunday); 2 "Fun" tasks (Tuesday?, Thursday); and vote to evict America's Choice (Thursday). The only problem with that last task, is that might put him in danger if he's a "hinky vote" and it's not unaminous again......

3. The POV is the Annual Prize/Torture POV contest. That usually means that someone's gonna get the red unitard........

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother 10 Week 4 ECST"
Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 05:35 PM
Julie Chen will say but first.
Someone will have some totally ridiculous argument with someone else in the house.
Someone will blame someone else in the house for doing something that the blamer totally does or for being the way the blamer totally is.
Jessie will talk about his body.

Posted by vince3 on 08-03-08 at 06:42 PM
...... and those playing the Jessie drinking game will have hangovers all week...... again.

Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 07:27 PM
HeeHee

Jessie falls off the wall before Renny!!!

*giggle*

Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 07:40 PM
Michelle and April left.

Michelle gets April to swear Michelle nor Jessie will be put up. Michelle in a lot of pain.

"And we replace a blond HOH with..."
Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 07:45 PM
a blond HOH.

April wins the competition.

Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 07:58 PM
Dan is supposed to get Jessie nominated.

Dan tries to teach Michelle how to speak.

"America Player vote"
Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 08:01 PM
Who should Dan hug for at least 10 seconds.

"Nominations"
Posted by Snidget on 08-03-08 at 08:10 PM
Jessie, you are a strong player so you go up.
Memphis you won a car so you go up.

"Tuesday night, first half."
Posted by vince3 on 08-05-08 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-08 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

Dan got the America's Player assignment early, and he had to hug Jessie for 10 seconds or more. With a performance that made Joshuah jealous, he gets the job done with gusto.

Then they pick for players. Libra, Jerry, and Michelle join the HoH April, and the nominees Jessee and Memphis to play in the POV contest. Renny was selected to host.

And then........ INCOMING!

It started when April was up in the HoH bedroom whining about how some of the allies of her nominations were picked (Libra and Michelle) and it was.so.not.FAIR! Enter Libra.

Arguments ensue between Keesha, the birthday girl, Libra, and April, and even include Jessie and Memphis at points.

POV Competition is a slapshot competition into a net with various scoring zones, with the better points in the center. The person who is the farthest away each round from the center is eliminated. The eliminated player gets a prize, and the person who gets eliminated in the subsequent rounds get to choose between the prize for their place or exchange it with an already claimed prize. The person who wins the contest gets their choice of prizes.......

Memphis is eliminated first and the 6th place prize is the POV.
Michelle is eliminated second and the 5th place prize is a Hawaiian holiday. She keeps it.
Jessie is eliminated third and the 4th place prize is called "Slop Surprise" and he'll find out more about it afterwards. He decided to trade with Memphis and holds the POV.
April is eliminated in 3rd place and gets $10,000 in BB gold bars. Each bar is worth $1,000 upon eviction but they can also be transferred to another hamster for favors. She opts to keep it.
Jerry loses the final round and the 2nd place prize is a letter from home. He trades with Jessie, gets the POV and declares that the $10k will be split between himself, April and Libra.
Libra won the first place prize which was....... Jen and Sheila's used red unitard! She trades it for Michelle's Hawaiian vacation. Michelle is horribly ticked about that......

The "Slop Surprise" is that Memphis can get a slop pass any week he wants, provided he survives this week... but he has to put somebody on slop for the rest of the week. He puts Jerry on slop since they're still at war.....

Michelle declares that Libra should have her kids taken away from her because she didn't want the letter from home.

"RE: Tuesday night, first half."
Posted by Snidget on 08-05-08 at 09:09 PM
As I typed when I didn't see a post.

How much can infant twins or a 4 year old write?

"And, of course..."
Posted by kingfish on 08-05-08 at 09:09 PM
Jessie can't play golf because his back is just too big...

"RE: And, of course..."
Posted by Snidget on 08-05-08 at 09:10 PM
Whose playing the drinking game? We might need to send someone to check on them after that comment.

"RE: Tuesday night, first half."
Posted by vince3 on 08-05-08 at 09:12 PM
Jerry then decides to not use the POV. No surprise to either nominee.

Both think they'll be safe.....

America's Player week, assignment #3: Who should Dan vote to evict?

Posted by Snidget on 08-05-08 at 09:07 PM
POV

Slap shot, person farthest from the center is out. Gets a "prize".

They can keep the prize they have or take someone else's prize.

Michelle ends up with the red jumpsuit and is really upset. Libra shouldn't have taken the Hawaii vacation from her, Libra should have taken the letter from home from her kids that I thought were way too young to be writing letters, but anyway.

Jerry got the POV
Memphis ended up with a one week slop pass, but has to put someone on slop so Jerry's on slop.
April gets $10,000 in "gold bars" that can be used in the house to buy people off, splits it with Jerry and Libra in the deal that Jerry got the POV as Jessie had it at the time.
Jessie gets a letter from home.
Libra gets a trip to Maui.

"Michelle"
Posted by mia rules18 on 08-05-08 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-08 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

She gets the CLASS ACT award for her reaction to the unitard... Great way to handle a loss...

"RE: Michelle"
Posted by kingfish on 08-06-08 at 08:59 AM
For all of those who didn't think either Jen or Sheila were class acts, relatively, ta da....

Meet Michelle!

And of course Jessie's attempt to comfort Michelle included "You got the best ass, Michelle!

I though it was pretty smart on the part of the producers to put the best prizes, including the POV, in the cups of those first losers. It's is just so easy to push these hamster's buttons.

Posted by Snidget on 08-06-08 at 09:14 AM
Yep, makes a lot of sense if you want to up drama is to put the prizes people will want to steal/trade for at the beginning of the series. These sorts of things usually work best where there is at least one prize that isn't much of a prize. That also encourages people to steal a prize, and thus cause drama.

Posted by jbug on 08-06-08 at 12:43 PM
Whoever planned the prize part has surely played Dirty Santa before.
How much more fun would it be to have them make their decision BEFORE seeing what their trophy held - whether to take a known prize from someone or to take the unknown in the trophy. If they took someone else's known prize, that person would get what was in their trophy - AND it could not then be taken from them later.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-06-08 at 11:34 AM
Tuesday night's show was awesome! I got to enjoy (?) the fight live on the feeds, but seeing it again was hilarious. The cut to the awkward singing of Happy Birthday was great. The whole show just had me cracking up.

And now I'm torn. I've gone back and forth on my feelings for Jessie. At first I hated him, then I thought he was kind of sweet with the way he would help everyone with their workouts and cheer them on, then he was back to annoying the crap out of me, and then he was sweet again to Dan (with his fake crying, which was also awesome) and Michelle when she was so upset about the unitard. His DRs last night were pure comedy. I thought they were fools last week for not voting him out and I've been hoping that they would do it this week, but now I think I might kind of miss the big lug when he's gone. He's definitely a love-to-hate kinda guy. And if he goes, how will I play the BB Drinking Game?? (I know most people drink whenever he talks about his body, but I drink whenever he says some form of "respect". Gets you drunk much faster. )

So... I ended up voting for Dan to evict Jessie, but with a heavy heart. Really, I just want Memphis to stay around because he's really hot. (I watch BB, did you expect me not to be shallow?) And also because I can't wait for the fights that will ensue after Keesha and Libra turn against April and her demands that everyone do what SHE wants and what is best for HER. I mean, honestly, how dare these people try and do what's best for them?! They should all be playing for APRIL!!! *rolls eyes*

Posted by mia rules18 on 08-06-08 at 11:57 AM
Yes, Tuesday's night show was good tv...very entertaining...a birthday celebration Keesha will never forget. How about props for Jerry during the veto comp for grabbing the veto and bargaining with April. Nicely done, Jerry. Now stop telling people to shut up!

"Football blackouts begin."
Posted by Estee on 08-07-08 at 08:37 AM
The NYC Media Market (running gag, move along) is out of this one: we've got preseason NFL non-action occupying CBS for the entire broadcast time and beyond. So if y'all could go verbose on us, it would really help us know what we're being spared.

"RE: Football blackouts begin."
Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 08:42 AM
Which team? The Favres (Jets)? or the Gints?

Posted by Estee on 08-07-08 at 09:28 AM
The New York We Are Exactly This Desperate To Get People Paying For Our Stupid Personal Seat Licenses.

Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 09:35 AM
Ah. Jets/Browns. Got it.

Posted by Snidget on 08-07-08 at 08:44 AM
Jokers has all the pre-emptions here (link)

Strangely I'm not pre-empted (someone will lose their job for not showing sports instead of programming at my local station, I am sure), but I'll be running the SYTYCD filler filler and more filler, oh and did I mention filler, finale thresd.

Posted by kingfish on 08-07-08 at 08:53 AM
You want verbose?

I think you've come to the right place.

"The live show begins."
Posted by Estee on 08-07-08 at 07:16 PM
As far as I know. Personally, I've got All Farve, All The Time.

Oh, and Cleveland 7, New York 0.

"preseason football"
Posted by kcgapgirl on 08-07-08 at 07:23 PM
I'm in Kansas City and I've got preseason football. Arghhh!! Is anyone going to give a play-by-play of BB?

Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 07:28 PM
Libra/Keesha have figured out that there are 7 people voting and to get someone out you need 4. They want to keep Memphis and vote Jessie out. They figure they have themselves and Renny. That's only 3. They decide to have a meeting with Dan to try to secure his vote.

Meanwhile, April/Jerry are worried about the possible alliance that Keesha/Libra and Renny are forming and want Dan to stay with them, Michelle, and Jessie...........

It looks like the America's choice vote to evict just may be the swing vote!

Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 07:43 PM
Family/Friends brackage: Coach Dan. We first see his football team rejoicing that he's not nominated for this week and ROTFLTCAO that Jessie was the choice for the 10+ second hug.

His girlfriend and mother are more worried about being America's Player affecting his gameplay, and it making his other actions in the house more suspicious..........

Hamsterviews. Are the battles over? Has everything been forgotten? Hell no. Have you embraced your inner red catsuit. Yeah, I guess.......

Crowd question: To Libra: something about being in the house for a month and not taking the letter from home..... I'm confident that my family and friends are okay, since I haven't heard anything bad........

"Time to vote!"
Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 07:46 PM
Michelle: I vote to evict Memphis
Ollie: I vote to evict Memphis
Jerry: I vote to evict Memphis
Libra: I vote to evict Jessie

Current vote total: 3-1 Memphis

Time for commercial!

Dan will either be the first of the final 3 to vote or the last one..........

"RE: Time to vote!"
Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 07:51 PM
Keesha: I vote to evict Jessie
Renny: I vote to evict Jessie

It's tied 3-3!

Final voter Dan: I, and America, vote to evict....... Jessie! Chenbot had the envelope in her hand with the cooter cards! (That's one way to prevent an early discovery.......)

"Insta-prediction."
Posted by Estee on 08-07-08 at 07:54 PM
April go boom.

"RE: Insta-prediction."
Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 08:02 PM
Michelle went boom too.

Posted by Estee on 08-07-08 at 08:06 PM
Big boom?

Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 08:07 PM
She wanted to keel someone....... namely Dan, I think.

Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 08:06 PM
Going into the commercial after Jessie gets grilled medium by the Chenbot there was a shot of the HoH Target Isolation Booths of Doom, but nobody was outside.

Well, we get a highlight package of the wake-up calls they got last night.

Tonight's competition will be based on the wake-up calls. All questions are T/F.

1. Get the squirells out before they drive you nuts? True
2. Meatloaf in the kitchen? False Meatballs. Renny/Ollie gone.
3. Drill Sgt. blew whistle? False Rang a bell. Libra/Michelle only ones left!
4. Come and get it! Slop is served to fatten you up..... True! Michelle wins HoH!

We're in for some revenge from the outgoing administration!

Posted by Estee on 08-07-08 at 08:11 PM
Y'know, a couple of spoiler sites were predicting an HoH contest rigged for Michelle, just to keep the eternal revenge theme going. And look who won.

"Bonus carnage ahead:"
Posted by vince3 on 08-07-08 at 08:17 PM
On Sunday's show, the current hamster crop will face an All-Star team comprised of members of each of the 10 seasons........ and Jen was one of those pictured......

"RE: Bonus carnage ahead:"
Posted by kingfish on 08-07-08 at 08:55 PM
I guess Keesha and Libra are probably going up with Dan in reserve. Except that everything will change.

I wonder when/if Dan can reveal to anyone who would believe him that America actually booted Jessie.

The Jessie interview tomorrow will be pretty interesting after he learns that Dan didn't do him in. At least it would be if Jessie could talk. Did anyone understand what he said in his interview with Chen? I think I might have caught 1/3 - 1/2 of what he said.

I'll be nice to see Jen again.

"Early Show pre-view"
Posted by Rebel Crown on 08-07-08 at 09:59 PM
<<The Jessie interview tomorrow will be pretty interesting after he learns that Dan didn't do him in.>>

Copied this from TVClubhouse. The poster, Justin42, is a well-established poster there with ties to CBS.

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/10972/5807119.html?1218159078

Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:15 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey guys, I was at the show tonight, pretty interesting how things went down-- I'll write more later (Not sure where to post it??)... Jessie is absolutely as full of himself as he seems... the stage manager had the crowd clap for him multiple times (during commercial break when they brought him in for interview, before the Early Show taping, after the Early Show taping, etc) and he didn't once look at the crowd, or acknowledge anything. I know he was upset about being evicted but he didn't even wave or look around or anything... (of course he completely looked ready to cry)

He was told Dan was America's Player during the Early Show taping. He didn't seem to "get" it for a while-- that America voted him out. But it slowly dawns on him after a couple of questions. Of course he talks about how many naps he took but then says how America voted out a great player (paraphrased). He did say he was glad to leave before sequester.

We (the crowd) asked specifically if we should boo/cheer/be quiet when America's vote is revealed-- they had NO IDEA-- just before the segment they finally told us to be quiet, reason being Dan would need to have a poker face.

Crowd mostly wanted Jessie out, although it was probably a 70/30 split.

----------------------------------------------------------------