URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis"

Posted by CattyChat on 01-31-06 at 08:16 AM
With each ep this guy has gotten more & more on my nerves and shown himself to be a jerk deep down, like most of the other Bachelors (and men, in general).

Last night was the icing on the cake. The look he had when Jehan revealed (OMG, the HORROR) that she was actually married before. How dare she show her face in public without wearing the red letter "D" on her shirt. I was very disappointed and I believe 100 percent that is why he got rid of her.

Hypothetically, I'm just wondering if he would choose someone who has been "dating" for 10 years or so, including many sexual partners over someone who was married, but had only 1 to 3 (sexual) relationships? From last night, I guess he would rather have the skanky ho, than the person committed to relationships.

In sum, Travis is looking for his virgin bride, from an unbroken home. I suspect Sarah from Tennessee is the closest he'll get on this show and I predict she is the winner (I actually like her, BTW, but that's besides the point). I think Travis has shown what an egotistical & superficial person he is.

Best bachelor ever? I don't think so.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Table of contents
  • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,weyhing4, 10:05 AM, 01-31-06
    • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,frisky, 02:45 PM, 01-31-06
      • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,CattyChat, 09:49 PM, 01-31-06
    • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,jen71, 08:25 PM, 01-31-06
    • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,Lisapooh, 03:25 PM, 02-02-06
  • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,woiwod, 11:02 AM, 01-31-06
  • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,Little Blimp, 02:03 PM, 01-31-06
  • RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis,LibraryBook, 04:21 PM, 02-01-06

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Delusional Egotistical Dr. Travis"
Posted by weyhing4 on 01-31-06 at 10:05 AM
Agree and disagree, ChattyCat. I agree that the way Jehan was treated was unfair and the way the sequence was edited and presented you would have thought Jehan had told Travis she had an STD the way he reacted. I respected her most out of all the harem and they presented it as if Travis kicked her to the curb exclusively because she (honestly) told him she had once been married. This sequence in its negativity plays into the madonna/whore complex of most American men who believe they are entitled to sex before marriage but ultimately deserving of a virgin bride.

However, I believe that a history of divorce IS a stigma against a potential partner, male or female. After all, they have failed at marriage once, and not always because the other partner "was an a$$hole!" or whatnot. Perhaps there is a good reason the other partner let them go, maybe something about them that makes them incompatable with marriage. As a guy who has never been married, Travis does deserve a shot at a never married bride.

Posted by frisky on 01-31-06 at 02:45 PM
>Perhaps there is a good reason the other partner let them go,

Perhaps they just wanted to go themselves. I'm divorced, but my ex didn't "let me go." I left, and the reasons are not as simplistic as the never-marrieds wants to believe. Divorce is the hardest thing I've ever gone through. It's given me insight and experience and made me a better, stronger person. Go ahead, put the negative stigma on me. I'll wear the D on my forehead as a badge of honour just like the stretchmarks I bear from my out-of-wedlock kitten.

>maybe something about them that makes them incompatable with marriage.

Consider that the same could be said for a woman or man who is 29 or 30 and not yet married. Why not? Are they afraid of commitment? Why hasn't anyone who dated them wanted to marry them? Is there something about them that makes them incompatable with marriage?

>As a guy who has never been married, Travis does deserve a shot at a never married bride.

You make it sound like a "never married bride" is a prize, and desirable over a divorced woman, just because Travis has never been married. I don't understand why it's even relevant. Even the words "never married bride" convey the image of the virgin in white. It's a pipedream. Travis may enjoy the whole doctor image, but he has miles to go with maturity. A mature man with some life experience under his belt would look at the heart and soul of a potential partner. Not their friggin' track record.

Travis has shown that he's shallow and unrealistic. He needs to grow up a bit and get knocked around by life before settling down with someone with any depth of character.

Rolly made this.
Um, guys, in all likelihood, the woman in white standing next to you at the alter has probably banged more people in more places than you have in your dreams. You've done it for centuries. It's our turn now. Deal with it.

Posted by CattyChat on 01-31-06 at 09:49 PM
You said it so well, Frisky!!

I too am divorced. I married very young (21) & I was VERY naive at that time. I held the belief a marriage is forever & I stayed with my ex for 5 years hoping he would turn into a better person, tried to get him into counseling (kind of a "Sleeping with the Enemy" situation). I finally gave up & not only left him & everything I owned, I "fled" from him & he didn't know I was leaving until I was gone & on the other side of the U.S.

It just bothers me that in this day and age, just because a person is divorced, particularly the woman, they are looked upon as though it was THEIR fault or they didn't take the vow seriously, etc. Heck, there are a lot of people out there who don't take marriage seriously, but as in every other aspect in life, you can't make assumptions and lump everyone together.

Also, what's the difference between someone who married someone as opposed to someone who lives with another for years & never married? Other than the married person actually made a commitment (hoping it would be lasting) and has a certificate to prove it.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by jen71 on 01-31-06 at 08:25 PM
>>As a guy who has never been married, Travis does deserve
>>a shot at a never married bride.

Have they mentioned what religion Travis is? Maybe he has religious reasons for not wanting to choose a divorced woman.

Why is not wanting to marry someone who has been married before any worse of a reason for rejecting one of these females than any other reason he would give for not picking them? I don't know why he didn't pick the red-head, but if she drinks as much as they were saying she does, I hope that's one of the reasons he rejected her. Furthermore, I would get rid of Sarah from Canada because she looks and sounds like she's stoned and/or incredibly stupid.

Posted by Lisapooh on 02-02-06 at 03:25 PM
Personally, I think people who have been married before have a much more realistic idea of what marriage actually is and how much work it takes to make it succeed rather than the unrealistic fairy tale idealism that shows like this make it out to be.

As a divorced woman, I don't encounter too many people that see having the sense to get out of a bad marriage as a stigma. And I wouldn't be interested in someone who felt like that. To tell you the truth, I'm a little suspicious of men my age who haven't been at least close to marriage. But, I'm in my *GASP* mid 30s and probably have distinctly different priorities and experiences than you do.

The only stipulation I'll concede is recently divorced people. I won't date someone until they have been divorced awhile and have already gotten their post-divorce horn dog freakout behind them.

Posted by woiwod on 01-31-06 at 11:02 AM
I agree with you, I think the only reason he kicked Jehan off was because she is "used". I would be willing to bet that all the other girls have also been used. I definitely lost some of my respect for him as a result of that. She wasn't surprised, I would bet she is used to people looking down on her just because she is divorced.

Posted by Little Blimp on 01-31-06 at 02:03 PM
I was ticked off with his attitude about this too. The guy is 33 years old - you mean to tell me he has NEVER dated a woman that was married before?

Jeez, I was divorced at 32, so I guess Mr. Bachelor would find me "used and abused" as well. Oy vey!

Posted by LibraryBook on 02-01-06 at 04:21 PM
Actually, I know quite a few women who are in their twenties or thirties who are virgins, and even some men. Its a personal choice to wait for the right person. If you are a virgin and are stubborn enough to be one until marriage, then you deserve the type of person who is loyal and stubborn too.
Also, there are a lot of women and men who are in their thirties who have dedicated their lives to school and work and barely have time for friends or family (especially doctors) so it makes sense that a good looking guy like that hasn't found someone yet.
Personally, I think they all are on the show just to be on television and to have fun. A lot of it I hear is scripted anyway.