URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 9 eliminated team posted on website"

Posted by Elaine0 on 11-16-05 at 12:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-05 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

Another CBS mistake. Hope they were just a week early on this one.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_8/2005_Nov_16_second_site_error

CBS' Amazing Race 8 web site shows elimination for unaired episode nine

Although CBS did not air a new episode of The Amazing Race 8 last night, the show’s web site was briefly updated this morning. According to a screenshot sent by an alert reader, the site once again showed an X next to a currently noneliminated team’s name.

While the site indicated that it had been updated for episode nine, that episode has yet to air. And although an X was next to a team that is still racing, it also showed a number next to the Paolos, indicating that they were still racing, even though they were eliminated during episode eight. The information also contracts the previous elimination possible spoiler, indicating that a different team is set to go next. Thus, this seems to just be a screw-up, rather than a spoiler.

A screenshot is available from the website. If you don't feel like looking, the emilinated team is our favorites from Florida.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode 9 eliminated team posted on website"
Posted by ARnutz on 11-16-05 at 12:30 PM
I don't think this means anything. Just another site blunder.

The Paolos are still listed as in the race! I think it's just someone's wishful thinking.

Posted by beau_30 on 11-16-05 at 12:34 PM
Whats kind of funny is that last week it was the bransens and now its the weavers?
Its kind of funny because if you think it about it
Both the Bransens and Weavers were in 3 and 4th last week.
But the Poalo's are still in it.
So should we assume that Linz and Godlewski make into the top three, leavin gus to ponder if the weavers or bransens make it.
Or are they also spoiling us for another non-elimination leg.

http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Let's+go+geocaching&uid=abcac62a-0439-4b38-9029-8bffea1376ef&bg=2" border="0" title="Profile for coupleocachers" alt="Profile for coupleocachers

Posted by smartguy24 on 11-16-05 at 02:27 PM
The Weavers eliminated? Awesome! I hope it actually was a week early and thats what happens in episode 9.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 11-16-05 at 05:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-05 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

I also think that while there's obviously a natural 25% chance this "spoiler" is right, this also probably doesn't mean much.

For starters, this is their second really strange goof. Additionally, I think there's every reason to believe Episode 9 is a non-elim episode, meaning that CBS.com would have "accidently" posted some messed up version of Episode 10's web content, not Episode 9's. How's that happen?

The math works better if Episode 9 is a non-elimination (Ep 9 is a non-elim, Ep 10 cuts the field to 3, and Ep 11 and 12 feature the final 3 teams in a two-hour scramble.

To be honest, twelve episodes still seems about one episode short. One thing is clear, while the gambling website spoiler still looks true, the eyewitness reports that had five teams flying into Canada appear to have been wrong (either that or the producers either kept the Paolos racing just to hide their elimination or jumped the shark and give one team something like "the great American second chance")