URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1262
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"An interesting article about Iyanla..."

Posted by bentherdunthat on 03-17-06 at 07:49 PM
There's also a little blurb in there from Alli-con.

http://www.smartwomanonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=83&Itemid=72

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: An interesting article about Iyanla..."
Posted by gargoyle on 03-19-06 at 03:43 AM
thank you so much for sharing this article. my first encounter with Iyanla was seeing her on oprah, twice i think. what impressed me most was the way she carried herself and how it enabled her to share her message. no bitterness, anger, none of the behaviors or attitudes so many people who have been dealt similar hands in the same circumstances.

her ability to be so many things...sister, daughter, friend, confidant...all signs and behaviors that prove she practices what she preaches(maybe not the right wording)she shares such warmth and contentment with us, knowing how hard it is to rise from the ashes and still be able to help others. not by drinking, drugging or any other type of self harm has she allowed herself to be caught up in the garbage that was thrown at her. instead she has made the proverbial lemonade.

when i see ilanla(besides trying to figure out how to promounce her name)i feel very peaceful. i know that no matter who she is interacting with, i will feel some type of connection with her, and as a result, my day and way of thinking improve.

thanks for letting me speak about her

Posted by lovemydogdude on 03-19-06 at 03:58 AM
Thanks for sharing, when they started referring to Iyanla as Rhonda it kinda got me fuzzled..nice to learn more about her history which makes me respect her more...hard to do with this show especially when she's NOT there lately.

Posted by juliecc on 03-21-06 at 10:22 PM
thanks for sharing the article.
i read the book "yesterday i cried" and i just loved it.
i thought she was great before i read the book and after i thought she is just AWESOME.
how i wish i had her as a life coach!