URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1260
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I Want A Famous Face on MTV"

Posted by mocha madness on 04-27-05 at 06:48 PM
I am way past the demographic for MTV, but they have a couple of shows I have touted on this board before, Made and True Life, and I now add "I Want A Famous Face". A half hour show where they follow someone who wants to get plastic surgery because they want to look like someone famous....like Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, Britany Spears, etc.

They had an episode where a perfectly fine looking young woman (24) years old wants to look like Britany Spears. Unfriggin believable. This gal has self esteem issues so she intends to get a big rack, cheek implants, a nose job, get her hair done....and then quite her job to become a stripper. I am not making it up....gee when did women become strippers because they have self esteem issues?

Check this series out....interesting, appalling, and a real look at cultural issues.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I Want A Famous Face on MTV"
Posted by uglier than sarah w on 05-10-05 at 11:18 AM
I watch it too...it's one of those "i will never admit to watching this but I cannot turn it off" kind of things...The Britney episode was amazing--the owner of the strip club said that she didn't need to have any work done and that she was gorgeous as is, and she STILL decided to go under the knife and then wouldn't even follow through with the stripping...

totally agree with you...interesting, appalling, and culturally relevant. I love the part where they tell of people who's surguries have gone wrong, just to add the cautionary tale.