URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 126
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SPIKE TV disappoints its viewers"

Posted by ihaterealitytv on 10-21-03 at 11:34 PM
This evening SPIKE TV showed the stupid GQ award show, and they started the Joe Schmo show 10 minutes late (I am glad I wasn't taping it), but the real disappointment is tonights show, which was hyped as the FINAL show, is a RERUN of show #7! WTF?!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: SPIKE TV disappoints its viewers"
Posted by erikman on 10-21-03 at 11:40 PM
last show is the 28th

Posted by ihaterealitytv on 10-21-03 at 11:48 PM
Thanks- I just figured that out by reading the board, butI think that SPIKE TV should have been a little more up front about when to expect to see which episode, etc. . Acting like that towards their viewers is pretty crappy. I think that they need to learn a bit about viewer retention. As my name states I hate reality TV (for the most part), but my wife and I have been enjoying JOE SCHMO because it sets the whole convention of the usual reality show on it's ear, but I am not that big of a fan of ANY tv show that a network can expect me to hang in there until whenever they decide to show the "final episode," etc.. At the end of last weeks show they said "next week" or something like that.. not "in 3 weeks.." What a load of crapola.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-22-03 at 04:03 PM
> which was
>hyped as the FINAL show,
>is a RERUN of show
>#7! WTF?!

WTF? I don't know what show you were watching, but when I saw the preview for the finale after last week's show it clearly stated that the finale would be in TWO WEEKS. The disapointment is that you apparently weren't bothering to pay attention.

And like we need yet another thread on this topic... locking.

-SB