URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID18
Thread Number: 126
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 9 PV: "If You Want Somebody You Can Trust--Trust Yourself""

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-19-01 at 01:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-01 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

If You Want Somebody You Can Trust--Trust Yourself

The dazed Daws take stock of the consequences as they recover from a trip never-to-be-clearly-remembered.

Some events can never be undone, while others never really happened.

The Daws discover BlowsVivor is no game: it's for real!

Somebody's been a bad, bad DAW.

Will this 'strategy' backfire?

Two tribe members have apparently been whisked away!
Will they make it back to camp in one piece?

Two lucky RC winners get a once-in-a-lifetime tour!

The Reward Challenge losers think they detect bias and manipulation on the part of the producers...

Ultimately, losers and winners experience similar unforeseen travails.

The person one trusts most could turn out to be the ultimate betrayer!!!

The 10th castaway is sent packing from the newly formatted Tribal Council.....

All on a newly recycled episode of BlowsVivor!

Edited because I hit Post instead of Preview

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 9 PV: "If You Want Somebody You Can Trust--Trust Yourself""
Posted by Survivorerist on 07-19-01 at 01:57 AM
Hmmmmm...I can't wait for the episode ofg!

"I don't think we're being cocky, I just think we're the best."
- Survivor 1's Colleen Haskell

"Wow"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-19-01 at 02:23 AM
OMG! <click> What a preview!

And even a teaser recycled from S2: "The person one trusts most could turn out to be the ultimate betrayer" ... which was a complete red herring in E13 (though it played right into the SurvivorBillybob "Colby goes next" mantra). Will it mean something here, or be another red herring?

Is that a glowing fish? Has it been too close to the radioactive sludge?

Bias and manipulation on the part of the producers? How dare they say such things! Let me talk to the others about voting them off ... oops ...

"RE: Wow"
Posted by dabo on 07-19-01 at 02:34 AM
ditto Wow!!! but no comment otherwise, of course, hehehehehe!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Posted by ItzLisa on 07-19-01 at 06:29 AM
Hey!!! HEY HEY HEY!!! Outfrontgirl is writing this episode???? SHE'S GONNA VOTE ME OFF AGAIN!!! AAAAAUUUUGHHH!!!

...heh heh!!! Just jokin' ya! Awesome graphics, babe - especially the "Satan Spiral" (Count Floyd from SCTV - "Oooooh, it's SCAAAARY, Kids!!!") I can't wait to read it!

Posted by LadyT on 07-19-01 at 09:49 AM
I hope no one eats the fish!

Can't wait for the ep, looking good

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
while she wants to be the Queen
and she thinks about her scene
pulls her hair back and she screams
I don't really want to be the Queen!
~Meet Virgina~

Posted by Ronnet on 07-19-01 at 11:13 AM
How did Monkeyboy get on the show?

Posted by RudyRules on 07-19-01 at 11:59 AM
Hmmm, lots to look forward to!
Great teaser OFG!

"Some events never really happened" - Sounds like the poppies made us hallucinate SnoopySucks' disappearance!

Posted by George Tirebiter on 07-19-01 at 03:11 PM
First of all, I suspect that AyaP has ties with Nancy Reagan--I sense a major push to "just say no" to our little freak-out and pretend it never happened that way.

But it DID, I tell you!

Honestly, some people are hopelessly mired in what they think reality is. . .

As for the fish--Aya seems to also be fixated on the radioactive glow around the new TC area. All I can say is--if I wind up with some life-threatening, chromosome-bending disease, I will join the ranks of the already lawsuit-happy Blowsvivors! I demand we all get enough Miso-Cup soup for three meals a day, as a preventive measure!

Two members whisked away in a crate? I hope it doesn't involve swords, saws, or David Copperfield.

And is that our little Monkeyboy again? Just gotta warn you--he's already got his own lawsuits lined up for including him in BV. . . as well as to recoup losses from having to play host to the BV loozers. Did you all know that AyaP has yet to remit payment for any of those expenses?! Where's all that advertising income going, anyway?!!!

Satan's involved? Thought that went without saying--I thought the Ayatollah was his right-hand man. . .

And a knife in the back? I hope that's not literal. Probably not, if there's a TC--which, if "reformatted," probably includes the jury. FINALLY!

Hmmmm. . . I wonder how those old alliances are going to figure into the final vote. . . .

GT

Poor RR. . . just can't accept the fact that his little dog is lost to him. . .

Posted by GG on 07-20-01 at 03:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-01 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Ha! I get to follow GT.

These are are my shallow thoughts:

The title of episode 9 reminds me of that song by Sting, "If You Love sombebody Set Them Free", for some reason. So at the risk of going off on a tangent (#1) even I may not fully appreciate, I say that a DAW gets 'stung'. Or Paul Newman makes an appearance on the show.

Hmm, a fish with a tell-tale green glow. I wonder if Supe's nemesis is responsible for that, especially if it's that rare species I've heard about, Fishus Kryptonitica. Alternate: a homing beacon.

Tangent #2 in regards to "will they return in one piece?" . I'm thinking of some crappy Jean-Cluade Van Damme film where the villian, some extraterrestrial says "I come in peace"; To which Brussels Boy replies: "And you go in pieces" before discharging his fire weapon.

>Two lucky RC winners get a
>once-in-a-lifetime tour!

Since the chimp is shaking his head, I'm prepared to add 'NOT' to the end of tha above statement. Obvious twist.

Satan = Satanic Verses = Ayak = Death Sentence. And the book is written by a bloke, surname "Burnit"? hahahahahahahaha

Tangent # 3 - The knife. For Fillet-O-RadioactiveFish perchance?

Add fork for eye-poking and and spoon for Sludge Stew.

The 10th castaway is sent packing. Expected product placement for UPS/FedEx/DHL as they are taken away, of course.

¬GG¬
*who sooo has this episode licked*

EDITED because I just felt like it.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-20-01 at 03:28 PM
GG--for your entertaining analysis, much thanks.
My bad for not crediting the title words, which are indeed lyrics, but you know how AyaK likes to identify music and I thought I'd give him an opening.

"Trust Yourself," Bob Dylan, Empire Burlesque album, circa 1986.

"Dylan"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-20-01 at 03:45 PM
Sorry, but I thought people would recognize the title...

"RE: Dylan"
Posted by GG on 07-20-01 at 06:41 PM
Sorry...have never been a real Dylan fan. I would describe his singing as 'ironic melancholy droning.' Don't ask me to explain; it would take too long.

Two exceptions:

Blowing In The Wind

Things Have Changed - which I believe landed him an Oscar at this year's Academy Awards for Best Song. From The Wonder Boys, a film I bought on DVD - on a whim - and enjoyed immensely.

Curtis Hanson, director of the film, also did L.A. Confidential, which happens to be a favourite of mine.

¬GG¬
*who reckons this is the first time he has properly hijacked a thresd*

"Oh well"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-20-01 at 07:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-01 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

Different tastes for different people, GG. I think I'll have to listen to my MONO CD (how's that for something you don't find everyday?) of "Blonde on Blonde" when I drive home tonight.

"RE: Oh well"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-20-01 at 07:36 PM
Mono CD, interesting, what's the story behind that? I don't like my CD of Blonde on Blonde because it changed the original order of the songs. Some recordings just need to be heard in the sequence they were arranged, and Dylan's great albums all fall into that category. For example, what if they took Sgt. Pepper or Abbey Road and scrambled the song order? ACKKK!

Anyway, the reason I'm taking part in this hijack by GG is I'm glad you're listening to a CD, so you won't be hearing any more of those weird radio commercials on your drive home!

"RE: Dylan"
Posted by dabo on 07-20-01 at 11:20 PM
GG,

Lay Lady Lay Lay across my big brass bed ...

How can anyone not have a fit of hysterics that that is actually a song, and that it was a hit even?!!

"If the mumbles of man should be mumbles naked upon a mumbles island, we should mumbles extinct in six mumbles. A few mumblemumbles might mumbles, but in mumbles would become mumbles than mumbles." (Samuel Butler, "Mumblewhon")

"Bobby Zimmy"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-20-01 at 11:40 PM
Just one among dozens, one which Dylan himself never recorded for release....

Lay down your weary tune, lay down,
Lay down the song you strum,
And rest yourself 'neath the strength of strings
No voice can hope to hum.

Struck by the sounds before the sun,
I knew the night had gone.
The morning breeze like a bugle blew
Against the drums of dawn.

The ocean wild like an organ played,
The seaweed's wove its strands.
The crashin' waves like cymbals clashed
Against the rocks and sands.

I stood unwound beneath the skies
And clouds unbound by laws.
The cryin' rain like a trumpet sang
And asked for no applause.

The last of leaves fell from the trees
And clung to a new love's breast.
The branches bare like a banjo played
To the winds that listened best.

I gazed down in the river's mirror
And watched its winding strum.
The water smooth ran like a hymn
And like a harp did hum.

"...and a classic"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-20-01 at 11:47 PM
Darn it, if I'm going to hijack this thread with song lyrics, there should be at least one of Bobby's classics -- but again, I'll use a lesser-known one.

My Back Pages (c) 1964

Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
"We'll meet on edges, soon," said I
Proud 'neath heated brow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now.

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
"Rip down all hate," I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull. I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow.

Girls' faces formed the forward path
From phony jealousy
To memorizing politics
Of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists
Unthought of, though, somehow.

A self-ordained professor's tongue
Too serious to fool
Spouted out that liberty
Is just equality in school
"Equality," I spoke the word
As if a wedding vow.

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
My pathway led by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow.

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow.

Posted by George Tirebiter on 07-21-01 at 04:01 AM
OoohOooohOooh! I am soooo behind in catching these things!! I think the food shortage is already getting to me, as my synapses are obviously lagging like chat from the Left Coast. . .

>*who sooo has this episode licked*
GG! How could you keep from rubbing my nose in the fact that you made another tongue reference--and I MISSED it?!

The rest of your remarks, I'm not free to comment on (per my contract, of course) but I will admit to getting a few shivers of excitement. Of course, it is for you to determine if that was due to being far afield or perilously close to the mark. . .

GT
(who cannot decide which is more disturbing--BV, the hunger, drugs, and lack of sleep. . . or the fact that GG is so successfully pulling her chain. . . )

"Pulling?"
Posted by GG on 07-23-01 at 08:38 PM
....more like YANKING

¬GG¬
*who has just made this his shortest post ever*

"RE: Pulling?"
Posted by George Tirebiter on 07-24-01 at 11:50 PM
>....more like YANKING
ROFLMAO--GG, I hope you know you make my day lately.

GT
(who can't decide if it's the brains or the humor that work best--but brevity does not seem to be a factor)

"spoiling this one is tough"
Posted by janisella on 07-21-01 at 09:51 PM
Are we to assume this is not simply a red herring but a GLARINGLY OBVIOUS red herring?

When is this episode airing anyway?

"RE: spoiling this one is tough"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-21-01 at 10:19 PM
Dunno if they're herring or what those guys've been catching Janisella, but if you check the beginning of Ep 8 I believe you'll find the reference.

I'm shooting for Monday eve for Ep 9. These things take more time than you might want to believe--for some on us without superpowers anyway. Ep 8 aired last Monday. We don't want to get our ass kicked by BigBrother 2 by airing same night and Sunday, well, that's a dead night... Excuses, excuses.

Meanwhile, I gave enough clues to spoil this one but good but all you guys wanna do is sit back and wait for it? (Did that sound like a taunt to try harder? Good, it was meant to...)

Posted by janisella on 07-22-01 at 06:41 PM
I remember the red fish in ep. 8 and at the time thought they might be literal red herring - a clue not to believe a word of whatever we hear - which could mean that SnoopySucks, SurvivorChick and Mon Cherie are still there and Bob Newhart will wake up with Suzanne Pleshette and realize the whole owning an inn in Vermont thing was just a dream (sorry, wrong show).

Anyway, I digress.

The green around the red fish could be what the red fish look like while wearing the green goggles.

And what's with Monkeyboy? Is he going to show up now? Has everyone left Monkeyboy Island? Is that why Skierdude was all alone at the end of Ep. 8? Or, is the reward challenge a tour of Monkeyboy Island and a chance to visit with/kiss up to past team-mates hoping to win possible jury votes if necessary later on?

I really hope the knife reference is symbolic. There's already been enough violence.

Is the reason the losing contestants feel cheated re: the reward challenge because the challenge is sleeping, or climbing, or something else that comes more easily to cats than anyone else?

Anyone else have any ideas?

I just realized something else that makes this difficult to spoil. Because my kids aren't watching it, I don't have a first grader's perspective like I did for S2.

Posted by George Tirebiter on 07-22-01 at 10:29 PM
janisella--ROFL at Bob Newhart and your first grader!! You spoilers are as entertaining as the episodes--THANK YOU! I may actually look forward to S3, with this kind of approach.

GT

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-23-01 at 00:52 AM
hmm good idea! I'll have to get our 7-year-old to watch S3 with us in the fall... she already asks a million questions and she watched a couple of episodes of S2, including the flooding of the camp episode. She asked me why the damn kangaroo was in the river and I tried to explain about how Kucha means kangaroo and yadda yadda yadda and, natch, it got me thinking about the possible spoiler of a Kucha rising from trouble to the top (which was, sure enough, later suggested on the Spoilers board by, hell, I can't remember who).

I'm going to keep Ashley up past her bedtime every S3 show this fall and help me spoil it!

Posted by janisella on 07-27-01 at 09:01 AM
Pepe, I taped it then let the kids watch it on the weekend. It was a total scream to watch it with them - their comments had me peeing my pants. My youngest (who just turned 7) would say things like "why is Jerri sitting in the water while everyone else is working? That's not very nice." When the final three made those totem pole things then threw them in the river, my 9 yo said "all that paint might pollute the water" (he also made a comment about Amber in ep. 6 or so - "hey, she's pretty. how come I never noticed her before?"). I did fast forward Amber and Jerri's discussion of Colby and chocolate, even though I'm pretty sure it would have gone over the kids' heads.

Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-01-01 at 00:00 AM
Two-thirds of the way into Episode 9, and what's left? Satan is yet to be revealed as the real power behind Blowsvivor (well. . . . DUH!), someone gets a knife in the back (figuratively, we hope), and we finally get to see the jury? I hope MonCherie and Schick are up to it by now! (I suppose they'll all taunt us with their clean hair and pizza breath. . . )

Last I heard, the writer had the summary complete and had only to format it for the medium--which means we should see it. . . . what--in about three days? hehehehe (ignore that low blow, OFG! ) KEWL! I can't wait!!

GT

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-01-01 at 05:57 AM
>>Last I heard, the writer had the summary complete and had only to format it for the medium--which means we should see it. . . . what--in about three days? hehehehe (ignore that low blow, OFG! ) KEWL! I can't wait!!

Formatting Arghhh!!!
I was down to my very last html tag when something went very wrong and the preview and text reverted to the version I started with 3 hours earlier! I had to retype all the tags while the edits were fresh in my mind, and now it's 3 am...
To paraphrase Aya, Shoot me if I ever volunteer for this again!
Anyway, it's way too long, but it is DONE and posted.