URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1250
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Eric and HoH"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-20-07 at 09:15 AM
I say Eric should be thankful that he is America's Player. Because I have noticed that he is already making a big strategic blunder. Eric said week one that his strategy is to lose the HoH competition. So far he hasn't won once.

Think about his statement, he is America's Player. Doesn't winning HoH suit him better than losing? Afterall he has inside information. If any house guest is talking about evicting Eric, we the people know and could suggest Eric nominate those people has HoH. But Eric thinks it is smart that he lose HoH....not too smart in my opinion. His strategy has worked for some but those people were not America's Player with inside information.

What are your thoughts on how Eric should play this game?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Eric and HoH"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-20-07 at 11:28 AM
He can start winning them in a week or two...let the dust settle. Let someone else be responsible for getting rid of the trash. Everyone knows you don't want to be the first HOH.

Posted by nazpink on 07-20-07 at 12:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-07 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

If I was America's Player I don't know that I would want to win HOH and have the two nominees decided for me.

The positive of being America's Player is Eric's getting information, to an extent, that he may not be getting on his own. The fans of BB can give Eric sound clues as to who may be more dangerous in the game, especially to him.

On the other hand, I wouldn't doubt that many people will vote based on popularity. For example, Jessica doesn't exactly have a winning personality but for "America" to vote her as Eric's nominee suggestion is almost ridiculous. Jessica is one of the least threats to anyone in this game, the only true threat that she really poses is the fact that she can be useful to whomever is in power (which means if you aren't in power don't count on her). Even Eric stated that she wasn't even on his radar.......let's hope that he realizes the vote was based on lack of popularity than threat....because otherwise he will be seeing more into it than there is.

I also don't like the fact that the viewers, unless they keep up with live feeds, really don't "know" what Eric is about. His role is more of a joke. I'm not saying that the show should revolve around the guy but the only time he's shown is when he gets "America's" request and trying to act upon it.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-20-07 at 02:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-07 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Too a certain extent I kinda agree with you. It will be interesting to see who America tells Eric to convince EvilDick to nominate. If it is Jen than the same thing. Jen is so obvisious and really is a non-factor in the game also. Kail on the otherhand is also obvious but someone to worry a little more about. From a standpoint, of Eric who would be the best player to target....I have not seen Eric not get along with anyone...or anyone target him.

But the funny thing about the vote you talked about....America picked Jessica but Eric did also try to convince Jen to nominate someone else....so although Eric is America's player he does not have to soully follow America.

Personally, I think it is advantagous for Eric to win HoH because he has that going for him. Also if you look at the eviction voting so far America has gone with the rest of the household.

Posted by LOLABelle on 07-20-07 at 04:16 PM
Eric cracks me up!

Posted by nazpink on 07-22-07 at 03:06 PM
At this point it seems as though there are two groups. Danielle, ED, Nick, Amber and Dustin vs. Kail, Zach (who seems to mingle with ED), Mike, and Nick (being the double agent). ED had words with Kail and has or is on the verge of exposing her "secret" alliance, never mind his ties with his daughter and the fact that Danielle has the loyalty of ED and probably Nick. Right now, I think these two groups will focus on each other and do all the dirty work that will stir up a bigger commotion than many of the other evictees.

With that said.....I say Eric continues to work with others and make people feel comfortable with out clearly drawing the line. As HOH he will end up siding with one group, making himself a large target. I can see this getting like BB6. However, Eric should be careful to not be too laid back and coast too much or he will end up like Chicken George (during Allstars).

Posted by JD8 on 07-23-07 at 00:25 AM
If Eric wins HOH he should nominate one from each side so to speak or just completely mess with people i.e. Jameka and Dustin or something they are both well liked and have virtually flown under the radar. That should be America's choice.

I tend to agree with him though doing America's bidding well just a houseguest is alright. Doing as HOH he could really set himself up as a target depending on how nasty America gets Either way it would be interesting. He appears as of now to be nowhere near danger as far as eviction goes.

Posted by Magicer on 07-23-07 at 08:37 AM
This Eric character fascinates me. He's one of my favorites. But I'm just waiting for his method to get messed up. How long can this really go on? I'm afraid he's going to end up contradicting himself at some point and get himself eliminated. Does he have to say why he wants a certain person evicted? When he wanted Jen to nominate Jessica, Jen was confused by it. Jessica has an annoying voice but she's not the most annoying housemate..yet. Won't people get really confused by Eric's random behavior? I'm afraid they will vote him off for it. I'm surprised he has gotten away with it so far

Posted by mikren on 07-23-07 at 03:21 PM
I would just point out that if he wins HoH, Eric doesn't HAVE to put up who America chooses, it just means he doesnt earn the credit for doing so. If America starts to give him bad advice, he would do better to just use his own judgement and only follow the AC directives when they support his strategy,although so far I think America has provided good advice. This could change, if America gets sick of Eric and just decides to mess with him by giving him crazy directives.

Posted by bb8fan on 07-23-07 at 03:36 PM
"If any house guest is talking about evicting Eric, we the people know and could suggest Eric nominate those people has HoH. But Eric thinks it is smart that he lose HoH....not too smart in my opinion. His strategy has worked for some but those people were not America's Player with inside information."

I understand your point, but if I'm Eric, I'd not be secure in relying on America. He is America's Player, but not America's Choice. If, for instance, hated HG from past years had entered the house as AP, would America have helped him or her, or would America have directed him or her so as to further the cause of America's favorites? Would, for instance, America have helped Jennifer evict Kazar? I'm not sure if America is rooting for Eric to win it all, so I'm certain Eric can't be, and he probably doesn't want to put his BB life in America's hands just yet.

If I'm Eric, I look at the last choice America made and suspect that America wants to be entertained, perhaps at my expense, rather than act in my own best interest. America didn't ask Eric to jump into bed with one of the hot women, but with the gay guy. Was America wanting to help Eric, or have fun making a fool of him?

Posted by RonReports on 07-30-07 at 11:02 AM
As soon as Eric wins HoH, the other houseguests will start to suspect that he is America's Player when they see the photos on his wall. Instead of pictures of his family, the photos will be photos of the American people. If he wins this game, Eric gets no money. The winnings will be divided among those of us who gave him his instructions. Of course, this was just a guess.

Posted by Queene1979 on 07-30-07 at 02:49 PM
There is no way they (the producers) would put pictures of random Americans up on his wall, how dumb would that be? It would give away the twist.

Posted by mia rules18 on 07-30-07 at 03:29 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty dumb, put also pretty funny! I have to admit that I was skeptical of this whole America's Player thing, but it has turned out kind of amusing. I mean, everyone scampering around trying to guess who casted that second vote for Kail, and Eric was never even mentioned. And the mustard thing...Funny. We'll see how the Eric starts a catch phrase thing goes...given his options, my first reaction was oh, the poor boy, they are just going to make him look foolish. Does anyone know how that is going?!

Posted by RonReports on 07-30-07 at 05:27 PM
>I have to admit that I
>was skeptical of this whole
>America's Player thing, but it
>has turned out kind of
>amusing. I mean, everyone scampering
>around trying to guess who
>casted that second vote for
>Kail, and Eric was never
>even mentioned.

How could the houseguests have failed to guess that the second vote was cast by Eric? His arguing for evicting Kail should have caused people to suspect that he voted to evict Kail.

Posted by RonReports on 07-30-07 at 05:30 PM
>There is no way they (the
>producers) would put pictures of
>random Americans up on his
>wall, how dumb would that
>be? It would give
>away the twist.

I was joking about that, and I was also joking about Eric not getting the prize if he wins.

Posted by nazpink on 07-30-07 at 07:55 PM
I agree....at this point Eric needs to think a bit more about America's choice. My guess is that Eric enjoys the idea of getting money regardless of winning (which I'm pretty sure he gets cash if he makes it to jury so all successful missions will be extra) and the idea of being "popular" with America. Although I do think that America is siding with the house (meaning they aren't asking Eric to stand out) is "helping" but for how long? The Jessica deal was just bizarre as no one had her as a target and Eric wasn't able to find good reason to have Jen nominate her....never mind the fact that the two have become a BB "friendship" pair. Decisions like this will make Eric look inconsistent and unreliable which will scare others.

So, right now I think Eric needs to re-think how much he is going to listen to America. How much of it is done for his best interest or the interest of the viewers or other game players. Recruiting people like Jen and Zach would be beneficial while keeping Jameka and Jessica under wing. ED likes Eric and respects his "strategies" which is a good set up for the guy. If he won HOH he could nominate Kail (who tattles) and Nick (who ED and some others are contemplating anyway) which would not make him too much of a target. Getting Nick out would ensure more of a space for him in the bigger alliance and also make sure that the weaker one doesn't take him back. Nobody really wants Kail so she is only a threat if people are dumb enough to give info to her.

Posted by Shannonh2007 on 08-02-07 at 10:03 AM
Since when is winning HOH automatically the best way to go?