URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 125
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why does INXS complain about song choice.?"

Posted by seahorse on 08-24-05 at 08:49 PM
One thing has been bothering me about the band's comments on the contestants singing songs that are not right for INXS.

The songs that the contestants sing are chosen for them. The contestants can only fight over who is going to sing a given song.

There ought to be about twice as many songs available as contestants if the band wants to criticize song choices.

If Marty's songs are not right for INXS, why do they require that one of the contestants sing them.

Many others have been criticized aBout the songs they sang.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why does INXS complain about song choice.?"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-24-05 at 11:13 PM
Agree seahorse. Think I read somewhere that Mark Burnett and company purchased the rights to cover something like 200+ songs for the show? The only way INXS should be complaining about song selection is if they gave the contestants the ability to choose from the entire 200+.

MB wants the drama of dogs fighting for scraps.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-25-05 at 11:42 AM
I have to agree with you, totally. Also, I hate the comfort zone comments. Although, I know what they mean, it is not always a bad thing. I mean look at Jordis in the last show. Way out of her comfort zone with horrible results. She might have done better with the song if she brought it more towards her comfort zone.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-25-05 at 12:32 PM
The comments are because most of the contestants put their names on songs they are more familiar with & in their familiar range & abilities, rather than trying to get a song that would be more of a challenge & "outside their comfort zone."

From the beginning, when the song choices are posted, the contestants "diplomatically" put their names on first & second choices and then they debate why they want a particular song, if there are more than one claiming it.

There are only a couple risk takers in the group & INXS has been, since the beginning, trying to light fires under some of the contestants arses to take a risk & to fight for a song choice.

ALSO, each contestant has full liberty to rearrange a song to showcase their talent, creativity, show another side.

So, in sum, INXS is not complaining about song choices, per se, but the performer's unwillingness to stray from their comfort zone OR to fight for a song they feel passionate about OR to show any creativity & risk-taking in rearranging a particular song OR fighting for a song that is totally different from what they have been doing ALL SEASON.

That's all for now.

Posted by geg6 on 08-25-05 at 01:03 PM
I keep saying this but...

Ditto la chat.

I'm such a slut for the blues.