URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1249
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rhonda's fixation on Kim's childhood"

Posted by Lanna42 on 03-14-06 at 02:42 PM
I tried posting a similar thread to this in the Individual Houseguests forum but my thread was locked.Evidently LC discussions belong here.My mistake.Have read through all the threads here and don't see anything regarding Rhonda's handling of Kim. So here goes.

I certainly get that Kim needs to confront her past and express repressed emotions about her abuse.But I don't get why Rhonda insists on treating her like a child.She has had her re-create her childhood in the playhouse and wallow in it.She's had her blow up a giant photo of herself as a child to put on display. There has been an almost endless reiteration of her childhood trauma's. The timelines of childhood events.We've heard her Mother reiterate her childhood.But about building for Kim a picture of herself as a powerful,grown up woman almost nothing.Kim is not a child anymore she's an adult.She can CHOOSE whether or not to allow abusive people into her life.She is responsible for her own happiness and her own words and actions.Her husband and child who are her life now merit barely a footnote.While the alcoholic Mother who abandoned her gets the floor for five days. Dr. Stan put it best today when he said "We can't rewrite the past." So why fixate on it endlessly. As long as Kim and others treat her like a misunderstood,pitiful victim she will remain one. She needs to take back her power and lose the victim role.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rhonda's fixation on Kim's childhood"
Posted by Bebo on 03-14-06 at 02:59 PM
I wasn't the mod who locked it, but I'll bet it was locked because there's already a lengthy discussion in progress on Kim's childhood on the Individual Houseguest forum. Please join that discussion instead of starting new threads about the topic.