URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1244
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"January 16th episode"

Posted by Loree on 01-17-06 at 01:25 PM
Well what did we find to laugh at lastnight. Because we have to admit half the reason to watch this show is to laugh and snark at it.

I thought it was interesting the one group date went down where they keep the champagne. But then they were all drinking wine instead of champagne.

The first single date was very odd. No chemistry at all. And what was she thinking making those odd teeth? It wasn't hard to guess she would go home without a rose.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: January 16th episode"
Posted by Rockytop Chick on 01-17-06 at 02:26 PM
The girl that got the first single date was trying way too hard. I did think it was sweet that he called her mom to find out what foods she likes. Maybe he shouldn't have done it if he thought she might not get a rose.

One of my early favorites (Cole) is gone. Leaving me with Susan, Tara, and Sarah from Nashville to root for.

Now that Allie and her rotting eggs are gone, there's not much left to laugh at. I'm waiting for them to start hatin' on each other though. Who will this years bee-yotch be?? It is kind of amusing when they are on the group dates how when the rose comes out they almost ignore travis and just look at the rose for a while.

One thing I liked about last season was the pre-rose ceremony talks where the girls got to snark at each other right in front of the bachelor. That was fun to watch. they've gone back to the more formal rose ceremony and that's just not so much fun

Posted by CattyChat on 01-17-06 at 03:19 PM
I was surprised the ditzy goofy blond made the first cut, let alone got the first solo date. She was too quirky.

One thing I noticed was that Tara seemed to be slurring quite a bit & seemed drunk in a lot of her camera time, especially when she & Jehan(?) interrupted his little birthday party for Susan. I wonder if the Bach wanted to take his rose back?

Also I thought one of my former faves, Sarah B, was really pathetic and showing how YOUNG she is by so desperately trying to get the "first kiss" from the bachelor. She is VERY insecure & immature and I just don't get why they put girls so much younger than the bachelor on a show like this.

They're really narrowing the field quickly this season -- will it be a shorter season than usual?

I was really impressed by Susan (B-day girl), who seems mature for her age & she is really beautiful. My other fave at the moment is Sarah from Tennessee.

Wonder how long Mr. Bachelor holds out on his non-kissing? I thought it was hilarious the way he was trying to squirm out of Sarah B's attempts at a lip lock. She's not too good at taking not-too-subtle hints. Girlfriend, if the guy pulls or turns away he doesn't want to kiss you!! Chill out already.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by Hoobie on 01-17-06 at 03:24 PM
Yvonne, on the double decker bus:

"I went camping once, but I had a Gucci tent"

Puh.leeze. That wannabe nouveau riche was oh-so tacky and dumb.
Glad she's gone.

Posted by shabalaba on 01-17-06 at 03:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure out his fascination with Sarah B (I think, the one from Canada right?). What is it with her that he has become so smitten with? And why oh why is he keeping Moana around? My DH reminded me that this has long been the show's M.O. They tend to mislead us in the wrong direction just to try and change things up at the end. DH said maybe they are not showing us everything. Perhaps Moana and Travis have had more of a "connection" than the show is letting on. JMHO

Posted by shabalaba on 01-17-06 at 05:15 PM
And one more thing...quite a few of those girls looked pretty tipsy to me last night, especially the ones that went on the champagn date. In addition, when they recapped Epi 1, I saw that the girls had been drinking from the time they got in the limo (before ever meeting the bachelor), again the partying continued at the coctail party. By the time that 1st rose ceremony rolled around, they had to have been "buzzing". This would go a long way in explaing Psychoncologist's behavior. She admitted herself in an interview that the alcohol was flowing freely.

Posted by RollDdice on 01-20-06 at 02:55 PM
This would go a long way in explaing Psychoncologist's behavior. She admitted herself in an interview that the alcohol was flowing freely.

Don't these DAWs always cry about the alcohol and editing? Unless Production Assistants pinned these girls down on the floor and forced alcohol down their throats with a funnel, they should take some responsibility.

Loving the word "pcychoncologist" though.

Posted by woiwod on 01-17-06 at 07:56 PM
Is it just me or does Moana remind anyone else of scarey Trish from a few seasons back? It looks to me, from the previews of next week she is going to be the bad girls yet.

Posted by Karchita on 01-18-06 at 00:51 AM
Absolutely! In one shot from last week's preview I thought it WAS Trish, whom I really hope never to see again.

Posted by trillium on 01-17-06 at 09:27 PM
I think the fascination w/ Sarah Winnipeg is disgusting but is due to her indicating her fav place to go is camping to get away from the city and he is a big-time camper/outdoorsman and also her adoring hero-worship seems to resonate w/ him. Gags me, though.

Posted by ropefish_3 on 01-20-06 at 01:38 PM
I think Sarah Winnipeg stands out for him because she does NOT look and act like a pageant winner. If he's really the outdoorsy type, he might be uncomfortable around women who seem high maintenance and self indulgent. I think for the first meeting everyone should wear what they would for a real first date - then he could get a better feel for who everyone is before he has to send a bunch of them home.

I know a lot of them appeared drunk, but did anyone notice Yvonne when Travis was handing out the roses?? Someone behind her got one and they showed Yvonne's face and she looked like she was close to passing out. I bet she couldn't have walked a straight line at that point.

sig courtesy of Syren

Posted by flexy633 on 01-20-06 at 10:17 PM
I think his fascination with Sarah from Winnipeg is disgusting too. The first night, I was making fun of her. Did anyone hear her say, "Wicked..." in response to something the Bach said? I mean, the chick sounded like she was high!!!!

"Wicked, dude. Cool, mawn."

Posted by Karchita on 01-18-06 at 00:56 AM
Didn't Travis say in the first episode that he gave Sarah Winnepeg (love that name!) the first rose because she was just so cute, something like that. He is also defintiely looking for an outdoorsy type. I think our Travis, who seems likeable enough to me, is a little overwhelmed being surrounded by so many beautiful women who want him badly, and isn't making all his decisions with his brain.

Posted by LisaPles on 01-18-06 at 03:27 PM
Is it just me, or does Sara (from Canada?) talk as if her jaw is wired shut? I can barely understand a word she says because she doesn't open her mouth when she speaks. I don't understand why he is interested in her.
I also thought that Tara was drunk on the date and at the rose ceremony and that Sara was drunk the night of the ceremony. How attractive! Funny that the two youngest girls can't handle the free alcohol!

I thought it was so lame how Tara and Jehan(?) crashed in on the Bachelor's private time with Susan. I thought they looked stupid and desperate, especially because they are the two that already had roses. He looked like he was pissed!

Posted by Loree on 01-19-06 at 04:11 PM
>
>I thought it was so lame
>how Tara and Jehan(?) crashed
>in on the Bachelor's private
>time with Susan. I thought
>they looked stupid and desperate,
>especially because they are the
>two that already had roses.
>He looked like he was
>pissed!

I agree Travis did not look happy at them. Interesting they were the only 2 that felt secure enough to go up and bust in on his date since they felt safe. But that doesn't mean they are safe anymore.

Posted by Karchita on 01-18-06 at 01:14 AM
We could laugh at all the women in strapless gowns doing the armpit tug to keep their dresses on. It was so epidemic during the recrap, I lost count. Geez, ladies, either wear clothes that won't fall off or keep your hands out of your pits. And if you've been tugging, keep those fingers away from the canapes, please.

Posted by qwertypie on 01-18-06 at 02:22 AM
SNORT!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Loree on 01-19-06 at 04:12 PM
I laughed at them tugging up their dresses too. And they always waited till they were right in front of Travis to do it. Real ladylike. LOL!