URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID18
Thread Number: 124
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"new PTTE thresd"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-17-01 at 03:25 PM
Greetings all... (yes I'm back)

Now that there are 7 left, may I suggest a new PTTE thresd to predict the order of the final 7 leading up to the winner? Food votes can be left on the individual episode vote thresds!

AyaK, would you be willing to help moderate the flow as things go along -- and I would also suggest that future writers not vote on this until they finish writing their episodes. What do you all think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"The remaining 7 Blowsvivors..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-17-01 at 03:38 PM
Here's the final 7 as it stands right now (in alphabetical order)...

Dangerkitty
GeorgeTirebiter
IceCat
Outfrontgirl
RudyRules
sleeeve
Survivorerist

Happy predicting!

"Only in moderation (not a vote)"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-17-01 at 03:44 PM
>Food votes can be left on the individual episode
>vote thresds!

Yes, let's keep this one clean, please.

>AyaK, would you be willing to help moderate the flow as
>things go along --

But of course.

>I would also suggest that future writers not vote on
>this until they finish writing their episodes. What do
>you all think?

Agreed. The non-voting list includes the following six names:
Outfrontgirl
dabo
not shakes
dangerkitty
GG
AyatollahKhomeini

Everyone else should feel free to participate.

"RE: new PTTE thresd"
Posted by ItzLisa on 07-17-01 at 09:51 PM
Pepe!!! Welcome back!

Posted by Drive My Car on 07-18-01 at 02:21 AM
I don't even see a need for this.
It's a made up show!
The writers change weekly, it's fun, but come on. Aren't we taking this a bit too seriously?!!!!

My Name is EBUg- I am an overpunctuator!!!!!!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-18-01 at 02:29 AM
Ebug
Trying to answer your question:
PTTE is a Spoilers thing. Spoilers take everything VERY seriously. Spoilers have no real Survivor to spoil right now. Ergo, even a made-up show is better than nothing. Also, it's actually harder to spoil so more of a challenge. This week the vote thread actually nailed the two bootees, so we're clearly getting down to business here.

In sum, please let us play our silly game without pointing out how silly we look.

*thinks Bug looks good dressed up in all her finest punctuation and not overdone a bit*

Posted by dabo on 07-19-01 at 04:34 PM
10. no comment
11. undecided
12. fill in later
13. fill in later
14. fill in later
15. ditto
16. ditto

I know, I'm not supposed to vote, but no one has yet, and if that's still the case whenever I can vote then HAH!

And since we can't order food, that nice basket of carnations please!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-19-01 at 05:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-01 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

I'm not going to pretend I have any special logic or anything with my PTTE, but here goes...

7. sleeeve
6. IceCat
5. Dangerkitty
4. RudyRules
3. GeorgeTirebiter
2. Outfrontgirl
1. Survivorerist

Edited to add:
Just thought this would be fun -- we have "spoilers" and we have "analysis" going on with Blowsvivor, so as in SurvivorII there were 7 people left in the game when somebody started a PTTE thresd. So, in keeping with Aya's attempt to keep it as real as possible to the actual Survivor, here we go...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-19-01 at 05:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-01 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

Good for you for actually putting your PTTE's out there. Now no one should be afraid to follow your example out of fear of being the first to get it totally wrong!

Seriously, I love this idea. I posted to say how about using the Ep #'s to number the pics. It'll be easier to look back on that way. *Looks forward to picking in Ep 10, because dabo's not telling nothing*

Edited to suggest that we not follow the rigorous elimination rules from the Spoiler thread that take you out of the race when you miss one. We could instead go for best # of correct pics.

Posted by Lisapooh on 07-20-01 at 04:13 PM
I'm all about uping my DAW #s so I'll be happy to hazard a guess

Rudy Rules - is reunited with Snoopy - emotional kissy-face reunion results in a rabies outbreak

Sleeeve - pulls a knife on GT during a makeout session and gets evicted

George Tirebiter - distraught over sleeve's absence, she sets herself on fire with the bong - medical evacuation

OFG - has to leave to view the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Dangerkitty - ousted by Ice Cat in a stunning betrayal - the fur really flies

Ice Cat - hairball results in yet another emergency evacuation

and the ultimate blowsvivor ...

Sir, because nice guys win once in awhile

pooh has spoken.

Posted by ItzLisa on 07-20-01 at 04:59 PM
I like the logic, Bookend, I like it! Oh, and ROFLMAO@ OFG's "Age of Aquarius"!!!

"Vamps Prediction"
Posted by VampKira on 07-20-01 at 05:02 PM
7.GT
6.RudyRules
5.OutfrontGirl
4.Surv
3.Sleeeve
2.DK
1.ICE CAT!

---------------------------------
"Let's spend the night together,
You'll wake up and live forever."
-Jamiroquai
---------------------------------
Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

"Lady T's prediction"
Posted by LadyT on 07-20-01 at 05:57 PM
This is subject to change so in the end, I can say I knew it!

7)Rudy Rules

6)Outfrontgirl

5)Sleeve

4) Ice Cat

GT wins immunity and votes out Surv, since he is too nice and would win everything. And DK and GT have had a secret alliance throughout.

DK wins.
----------------------------
What you talkin about Willis?

Posted by not sleeeve on 07-21-01 at 01:06 AM
Here's my list: in the order that they will be voted off.

RudyRules
GeorgeTirebiter
Dangerkitty
Outfrontgirl
sleeeve
IceCat
Survivorerist <=== Winner

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

"Only Five Entries So Far"
Posted by dabo on 07-22-01 at 11:03 PM
Get your picks in while you can, people! Ep 9 is slated to appear sometime on Monday!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

"Comment: not a PTTE "
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-23-01 at 00:06 AM
Not Sleeeve,
I wish you had given your logic for this pick, because you've picked:
First the old guy who lost his dog
Then all three women in a row
And then three men for the Final 3...
Tribe-wise, you picked AA, BB, AA, AA, AA. with last 2 BB's.
Has anything remotely like that ever happened on one of these shows? What kind of strategies would take us there?
Very Interesting...
Too bad you're not around until Saturday.

"My PTTE"
Posted by flying squirrel on 07-26-01 at 04:24 PM
I wasn't going to do this, but I need to do something while waiting for E9 (please please please please post it soon, OFG!).

In order:

7. sleeeve goes down with the death of the AA alliance, as IceCat becomes the dominant spoiler among the DAWs.

6. Survivorerist gets booted for trying to get everybody to just get along -- they choose to fight instead. In fact, Surv tells the tribe that he wouldn't mind leaving in a manner similar to Amber in the same episode ... it gives him an angle to try to persuade Amber to go out with him. The women in BV teach him pickup lines before he leaves.

5. RudyRules finds out that the rest of the DAWs only kept him around because they liked SnoopySucks; no SS, no RR. After he's voted out, SS shows up back in camp and stays until the end.

4. George Tirebiter focuses her coalition on voting out dangerkitty, but dangerkitty wins immunity ... and GT's coalition turns on her instead. When she leaves, she makes her final comments from atop her soapbox.

3. dangerkitty loses the "fallen comrades" IC to Outfrontgirl, who promptly votes dangerkitty out so that she can finally spend a night alone with a man in BV.

2. IceCat loses the jury vote when Mon Cherie and Survivorchick blame him for helping desert_rhino sneak on to the BV set.

1. Outfrontgirl, the Tina of BV, wins ... which is why AyaK let her write two episodes.

There you have it ...

"Way to go Rocky"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 07-27-01 at 03:36 PM
Squirrel--
Your astute spoilage:
>>2. IceCat loses the jury vote when Mon Cherie and Survivorchick blame him for helping desert_rhino sneak on to the BV set.

...did not go unnoticed by me or AyaK, who posted in the Ep9 vote thread when he locked it--

>>(didn't flying squirrel put in his PTTE that the Cat had helped desert_rhino get in?)

For all you who think you can't spoil this show, I want to assure you that I had already written this into the plot. When I saw Squirrel's prediction I woulda dropped my teeth (if I had false teeth)...

Not that I have any way of knowing if this jury scenario will play out (or this Final 2)--but you got the underlying "plot" straight...

Squirrel, I want to join your fan club!

"Table of PTTEs ... so far"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 07-26-01 at 05:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-01 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

Order1. Pepe le Pew2. Lisapooh3. VampKira4. LadyT5. not sleeeve6. flying squirrel
7thsleeeveRudyRulesGeorgeT.RudyRulesRudyRulessleeeve
6thIceCatsleeeveRudyRulesOFGGeorgeTS'rist
5thd'kittyGeorgeT.OFGsleeeved'kittyRudyRules
4thRudyRulesOFGS'ristIceCatOFGGeorgeT.
3rdGeorgeT.d'kittysleeeveS'ristsleeeved'kitty
2ndOFGIceCatd'kittyGeorgeT.IceCatIceCat
1stS'ristS'ristIceCatd'kittyS'ristOFG

"Surv/RR/GT/Ice/DK/Slee/OFG Wins!"
Posted by SherpaDave on 07-26-01 at 06:23 PM
This is actually pretty interesting, because the bulk of the remaining writers come to us via the Spoilers board, which would suggest that things will likely conform pretty closely to the show in terms of boots. Which is bad news for:

SirErist - 4 A's remain, 3 B's. A's can't pick off one of their own without maintaining numeric advantage. Plan is to pick off IceCat, whose ability to spoil challenges makes him a threat for an immunity run. And, in fact, he starts a run with this show. Which leaves either GT or Sir. Sir loses. Why? Because we've been led to believe an all-female alliance exists. It doesn't. It's a red herring, but it needs to hold up for at least this and the next episode. Which means trouble for...

RudyRules - 4 A's remain, 2 B's. A's can pick off one of their own, and the old fart who refused to join ANY alliance is the logical choice. Why? He's a free agent, baby, and could swing the vote to the B's if ever he realizes it. The B's know this and send him packing. IceCat wins another immunity, making him a target for next ep, but...

George Tirebiter - 3 A's, 2 B's. An A absolutely has to go and IceCat wins his final immunity. Bye, George. And did I say his final immunity? I sure did, and that means...

IceCat - 3 A's, 1 B. The numbers actually don't matter that much at this point as we're down to the Final Four. Strong get ousted as soon as possible, unless part of an alliance. IceCat's immunity loss costs him as the Bores finally oust him. Which leaves us to wonder about what the real alliance is. Did I mention Spoilers as writers back at the beginning? I sure did, and how did we last this long without seeing through the Spoiler Alliance? Yep, that's trouble for...

DangerKitty - Has to win immunity and doesn't. Sleeeve ever so slightly edges OFG out in Fallen Comrades challenge, and boots DK. Wouldn't have mattered who won. DK was history, on the outside of the Spoiler Alliance looking in. Which brings us to the final vote after the incredibly boring and introspective 2-hour finale (which will somehow be made fun of brilliantly by AK, of course). Where do the votes go?

And this is where I have to start playing hunches instead of logic. We've had the 14-person jury rumor floating around for a while, more tantalizing in its way than the lockbox rumor. Until this rumor is confirmed, breaking down the jury's votes is going to be damned near impossible. But here's a hint: OFG's modesty prevented her from writing the final episode... and her husband says they're very happy with the... what?... there's no money?... well, they're happy with the DAW's. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Once upon a time,
There was a story that began,
-Moebius Strip

"GT/IceCat/DK/RR/OFG/Sleeeve/Survivorerist"
Posted by HawkEye on 07-26-01 at 06:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-01 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

The nice guy wins, or was that the psycho wins, or maybe the donunt hunter wins, I don't know, but that's what my inside sources say!

HawkEye

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, except the PTTE vote order

Posted by dabo on 08-01-01 at 11:42 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-01 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

bumping this up so all who missed their chance can go "aw fooey!"

ack! forgotted to say: since the voting thresd is locked, how's the tribal prediction record looking now, Aya?

Posted by SherpaDave on 08-02-01 at 07:03 PM
Hmmm... looks like only Pepe and Squirrel are alive for total bragging rights...

Yeah, I'm a DAW. Is that a problem?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-02-01 at 07:56 PM
Gorgeous green eyes! That you, Dave? Wow!

Speaking of the only 2 to start off with the right pick:
Pepe didn't give his logic here, so can't comment,

But Squirrel scares me!

>>7. sleeeve goes down with the death of the AA alliance, as IceCat becomes the dominant spoiler among the DAWs.

It's like he hacked into my brain! Not only did he pick the bootee, but he put "Ice Cat" and "death of the AA alliance" in for a 3-point knockout punch.

If anyone tells me I made an illogical boot, I shall merely say, hey, Rocky called it just like it was.

I noticed his awesome precision during S2...but this proves he's not only brilliant, he's psychic!

"Thanks, OFG, but..."
Posted by flying squirrel on 08-02-01 at 08:55 PM
...don't be too impressed. I'm also the person who came up with the theory that the four people Mad Dog Maralyn left out of her list of friends were the final four: Amber, Jerri, Liz and Nick. One-for-four isn't even good in baseball.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-06-01 at 11:59 PM

>Pepe didn't give his logic here,
>so can't comment,

Well I did notice a lot of tension in camp between Tweeedledeee and Tweedledum constantly trying to outdo each other, so in following with the attempt to imitate the real thing (with OFG as writer)... it seeemeeed likeeely that theeey'd want to removeee someee of theee teeension... so I pickeeed Sleeeve.

"Time to switch to GUTs?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-14-01 at 03:32 PM
Bump, to note that Flying Squirrel is 2 for 2 on his PTTE and Pepe 1 for 2 (although IceCat was a really good possibility last time and did capture the vote thread).

We can still note if any of the later picks pan out, but instead of letting Pepe's thread die due to all these defunct PTTE's, maybe people could post their GUTs on how it turns out from here--keeping in mind that the writer's sequence from here on out goes:

GG--sets up Final 4
DK--decides Final 3
Squirrel/AyaK--decide who wins final IC, whom that player picks to go up against in Final 2, and the jury vote/"winner."

Come on all you spoilers out there, let your hunches and your logic freely associate and go out on that limb.

Nothing whatsoever is at stake if you're wrong, not even your pride...but I'm sure that everyone would enjoy seeing your thoughts on the end progression.

"The closest"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 09-04-01 at 04:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-01 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Well, this was a walkover (almost), but flying squirrel and I decided that it wouldn't be right to let him have the prize here, since he contributed to the final episode. Nevertheless, no matter what order the final three had finished in, he would STILL have won; in the worst order for his PTTE (OFG 3rd), he would have finished with 8 points (a point for each position that your pick finished away from your predicted position, lowest total wins) -- in the actual final order, he finished with 4.

Not counting fs, the closest PTTE went to SherpaDave, with 12 points. Congrats, Dave -- hope that skill carries over to S3. Runners-up were Lisapooh and PepeLePew13 with 14. Thanks to all who participated.

"RE: The closest"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-07-01 at 11:56 AM
Since flyingsquirrel made his PTTE well in advance of the final few episodes where he'd have received some advance information, I'm prepared to recognize his spoiling as the tops in this category as he would still have had the lowest point total without his contribution to the final episode. Congrats, fs! The rest of you all did great as well (Sherps and Lisapooh) and thanks for contributing to the spirit of 'spoiling' BV and getting warmed up for the real thing in S3.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."