URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1239
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother After Dark"

Posted by JayRock on 07-11-07 at 08:36 PM
Has anyone else that has watched this heard the man say over the loudspeakers to the houseguests to "Please Stop Singing"? I have heard Jameka sing very quietly a couple of times and every time that voice tells her to stop singing and he sounds pretty pissed when he says it. Are they not allowed to sing in the house of something?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother After Dark"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-11-07 at 09:00 PM
They're not allowed to sing, hum or whistle........legalities over royalties, or some such business.

I believe they wake up to music though, but it is never on the feeds.

Posted by Snidget on 07-11-07 at 09:03 PM
It is common on the live feeds.

If the broadcast any song they have to pay the royalties on it.

The "Big Brother" voice often tells them stop doing things, or when to go get fresh batteries, etc.

Posted by jase on 07-12-07 at 12:02 PM
They have too many stupid rules. It's like telling them not to talk in a sense. If someone (people) are singing, they can just cut the audio and/or cut that one feed and show something else. I doubt any music company, musician, etc... is going to go after CBS because someone is singing their song. I'm sure the music industry as a whole has better things to do than monitor what's happening on a reality show.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-12-07 at 01:13 PM
I'm sure the music industry as a whole has better things to do than monitor what's happening on a reality show.

You'd think, wouldn't you? But then again, CBS is probably taking a "better safe than sorry" approach so as to avoid getting sued over something silly and is instead saddling people with stupid rules.

I guess I don't understand how it's that different from, say, Survivor, where people have sung on numerous occasions (poorly, I might add...) There are also rules about conversing in code or foreign languages that don't exist on Survivor (in season 4, two contestants were ordered to stop speaking Korean, while on Survivor: Amazon, two contestants spoke Mandarin and got away with it...well, one got voted off for being a blabbermouth about it, but that's beside the point.)

It's as if Big Brother is trying to simulate the world of 1984 within the house, with all the stupid rules.

In Soviet reality show, Big Brother watches you!

Posted by sencnes on 07-12-07 at 01:22 PM
Unfortunately it's not like that... If they broadcast more then 5 seconds worth of one song some greedy fat cat will hit them for Royalties.

Shows like American Idol pay a fortune to have all those people sing all those songs on auditions, even though some are horrid sounding. In fact I believe you can all thank American Idol for this stupidity. I remember reading somewhere that American Idols sing peoples favorite songs better then the original artists are popular MP3s. So the Recording industries paranoia of being driven out of business by talented singers they hit up TV channels for Royalties.

I hate the Recording industries oppression they are forcing everyone, and for the last 10 years I have not purchased 1 CD or song. Then again I don't have MP3's either. No company that outright pigheaded deserves any money.