URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1236
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Bachelor 8 summaries"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-09-06 at 05:11 PM
Woops, I could have sworn that I had already posted a message about this late last week but I can can't find any record of it so I must have either never gotten around to finally clicking the POST button or somehow accidently deleted it.

Anyways, I recognize this new posting is really late given the show premieres tonight and -- unless they were posted (and then deleted) in the previous post that I thought I'd already posted -- the fact there hasn't already been anyone asking about doing summaries means there probably isn't any interest, but if anyone is interested in writing summaries for The Bachelor's latest season, please post a response indicating your interest and I'll be glad to coordinate a summary schedule. This show is always a trainwreck, but it does always seem to be --- at least prior to its fall hiatus -- a pretty addictive trainwreck with a dedicated group of can't-turn-away viewers!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Bachelor 8 summaries"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-10-06 at 06:12 AM
Actually, SB, I was kinda taken by suprise by the show as well.

Who knew the show would start so soon after the first promos. What's it been, like two weeks? At least it feels that way to me.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to tape the first episode and can't recall much from the my original viewing.
Other than the blatent fact that the oncoligists "eggs" were turning sour.
She couldn't help herself from pleading her case to producers, probably in hopes they'd understand her plight (and climb on).
In fact, "don't count your chicks before they hatch" sounds like the perfect title for an episode one summary.

Long story short and in other words, I can't do episode one, but I'd be willing to tackle an episode or two down the road.
You should know, even though I've been around for awhile, I've never written a summary before.
So feel free to put me near the end of the "should be allowed to do a summary" list.

Posted by greeneyes on 01-10-06 at 09:13 AM
You know you can always count me in to do a summary for the Bachelor. I like Travis, so I hope this will be a good season. I didn't tape last night, but any other episode, I can do. (And I want to apologize, I forgot that I was supposed to do a summary for Martha's Apprentice, so I want to make up for that, if you need someone to cover more than one episode, just let me know.)

"TiVo"
Posted by sorgee on 01-10-06 at 01:55 PM
So, I *think* I have last nights episode on TiVo. If I do (and if no one objects) I will watch it sometime this week and get a slummary posted before episode 2 airs.

I am also willing to do another episode. Or 2. Or a few. I'm a sucker. (Or an idiot. It depends on who you ask...)

PSSSTTT. Hey Phyl- Can I steal your slummary title suggestion?)

"RE: TiVo"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-10-06 at 05:15 PM
PSSSTTT. Hey Phyl- Can I steal your slummary title suggestion?)

Please do.
I have no use for it, and it almost seems a waste to not use it.

Posted by kathliam on 01-10-06 at 01:56 PM
Well, I did record the show (and it's a good thing too, I fell asleep half-way through), and would happy to summarize if no one else volunteers. This will be my first summary (that I've written; I've been reading them for years), if that presents a problem.

It's about time I jumped into the pool, not just stand on the side dangling my toe in the water.

Posted by frisky on 01-10-06 at 02:25 PM
I can't do last night but I'll do one or two other eps.

Rolly made this.

"Thanks folks!"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-10-06 at 06:43 PM
Thanks for the quick responses, sorry for being so late on this one, with ABC's Lost, etc. dramas in holiday hiatus and ABC more focused on plugging Dancing with the Stars and Heather Graham's new show, I missed a lot of the promos and this show kinda snuck up on me.

Anyways, based on the responses, it looks like we have Episodes 1-5 covered. Since sorgee offered first (although she only bet kathliam by one measily minute -- how's that for a tight race?) she has first dibs on Episode 1, but if it turns out her TiVo ate it already then it's yours kathliam.

(sorgee, after you get a chance to check, please let us know if you still have it and can do last night's show. If you can't then we'll move kathliam to Ep1 and slide you to Ep2 assuming that works on your end)

Assuming sorgee can do Ep1, then does the following work for everyone else?

1/09 - Episode 1 - sorgee
1/16 - Episode 2 - kathliam
1/23 - Episode 3 - greeneyes
1/30 - Episode 4 - frisky
2/06 - Episode 5 - tribephyl

Thanks,
SB

"RE: Thanks folks!"
Posted by kathliam on 01-10-06 at 07:13 PM
I'm in! Ah, the rush of performance anxiety!

Posted by frisky on 01-11-06 at 00:00 AM
Works for me!

"Kath gets it"
Posted by sorgee on 01-11-06 at 01:19 PM
I do have the episode, but I won't be able to watch it and write the summary until Saturday or Sunday. Kath can probably do it faster so I will let her have episode 1.

However, I will need to "switch" episode 2 with someone. (I have a public hearing for one of the school districts that I work for. If this year is anything like last year, I won't get out until around 11pm and I will have a weeks worth of revisions to make and get posted before their deliberative session.) Episode 3 or 4 would be perfect...

"RE: Kath gets it"
Posted by frisky on 01-11-06 at 01:40 PM
I'll swap you my #4 for your #2.

So, Webby, we're proposing the following change:

1/09 - Episode 1 - sorgee kathliam
1/16 - Episode 2 - kathliam sorgee frisky
1/23 - Episode 3 - greeneyes
1/30 - Episode 4 - frisky sorgee
2/06 - Episode 5 - tribephyl

Rolly made this.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-11-06 at 02:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

>1/09 - Episode 1 - sorgee kathliam
>1/16 - Episode 2 - kathliam sorgee frisky
>1/23 - Episode 3 - greeneyes
>1/30 - Episode 4 - frisky sorgee
>2/06 - Episode 5 - tribephyl

OK, sorgee, does Ep4 work for you?

Thanks,
SB

Posted by tribephyl on 01-11-06 at 06:35 PM
Sounds good. I'll be ready by Feb 6th for sure.

Posted by sorgee on 01-12-06 at 11:54 AM
Episode 4 works for me!!!

"Bump"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-04-06 at 06:43 AM
Just a little reminder for sorgee. (As she has ep4.)

And a little reminder for SB.
I have ep5. (Final four)
But I don't think we have anyone slated for an summary after episode 5.

With the way they've been cutting "girls" I can imagine there only being one more episode. (But there will probably be two.)

"RE: Bump"
Posted by kathliam on 02-04-06 at 09:06 AM
I'm available if you need a writer. I don't want to be a summary hog, so put me at the bottom of the list if others are interested.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-11-06 at 02:42 PM
OK kathliam, it looks like Ep1 is yours after all -- don't get too anxious!

Thanks,
SB

Posted by kathliam on 01-11-06 at 08:06 PM
I will accept the challenge. I just need to find my snark. Shouldn't be too hard, given the material.

Posted by greeneyes on 01-12-06 at 09:40 AM
January 23 is great for me. Thanks, and I can't wait to read other summaries.

Posted by volsfan on 01-10-06 at 09:53 PM
Count me in for at least one episode. I am sucker for this show even though I continue to tell myself to give it up.

Posted by tribephyl on 01-12-06 at 07:25 AM
I am sucker for this show even though I continue to tell myself to give it up.

I KNOW!!! What's that about??!!?!?!?!

Please?! Someone . Help . Me

Posted by volsfan on 01-12-06 at 08:53 AM
Not to get sidetracked but should we start a support group? PM me with your ideas!

I finally blogged

Posted by kloucks720 on 01-11-06 at 09:49 PM
I think having summaries of the shows would be great. I am new to this, but would love to see some summaries. I think Travis is very cute and am so glad that he got rid of the doctor with the "reproductive issues".

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-15-06 at 09:45 AM
If writers are still needed, I can do a summary -- any time after Feb. 1st ...

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by trillium on 01-17-06 at 07:34 PM
Hi SB,

haven't been on the board in a while. just checked in and noted that there appear to be a few summaries that are yet to be spoken for. I'm willing to write one, if you still need someone. I previously wrote one during the season that Jen was the bachelorette.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-07-06 at 03:38 PM
Thanks folks, I'm going to wade through the new postings and should have a proposed schedule for the final three episodes posted late tonight.

Thanks,
SB

"Remaining schedule"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-13-06 at 09:18 PM
OK, after a bunch of PM's, I think we're all set for the remaing episodes -- thanks to everyone who expressed interest!

Episode 6 (The Final 3) - 2/13 - volsfan
Episode 7 (Women Tell All) - 2/20 - kathliam
Episode 8 (The Finale) - 2/27 - PepeLePew13

Thanks,
SB

"RE: Remaining schedule"
Posted by volsfan on 02-14-06 at 06:17 PM
I am going to try and have the summary posted late tomorrow.