URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID102
Thread Number: 1236
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Trivia Game - Africa"

Posted by ohmyheck on 12-07-10 at 06:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

I hope you all enjoyed the last round, Australia is the best season, so it was pretty easy to get questions from it. This week's questions will be on season 3, Africa. If you guys have any questions, or want detailed breakdowns of your scores, just pm me!

Here are last week's answers:
1. What river were the camps located on? - The Herbert River, in Queensland (1)
2. Who called themself a student of nutrition? - Michael Skupin (1)
3. Who sat out the cliff jumping challenge? - Maralyn sat out the Butch Cassidy challenge. (1) * And no one apparently
4. What did Ogakor accuse Kel of smuggling? - Beef Jerky (1)
5. Who did Maralyn give her hat to? - Amber, her mad pup. (1)
6. What were the chickens named? - They came named, Henrietta, Polly, Ruby, and Rocky. (4)
7. What did Kucha call the chicken feed? - Kucha corn (1)
8. Who were the callers in the blindfold challenge? - Nick and Jerri (2)
9. Who won the perch challenge? - Keith (1)
10. How long did the perch challenge last? - a stunning 10 hours, 17 minutes. (1)
11. According to Elisabeth, how close were she and Tina? - Outback close. close enough to get the dirt on the person you're trying to beat in the game. (1)
12. In the boomerang challenge, how many people landed in the target? - 4 people. Jerri, Amber, Nick and Rodger. (1)
13. How did Colby break Australian law? - He took coral from the great barrier reef. (1)
14. What were Jerri's final words? - Checkmate, you guys got me. Good Game. (1)
15. At the auction, who paid 200 dollars for river water? - Amber (1)
16. What did Rodger spend 320 dollars on at the auction? - Cheeseburger (1)
17. In the firemaking challenge, who started putting water in their bucket first? - Nick, although his fire burned out quickly, and he never got close to winning. (1)
18. What did Jeff Probst take form Barramundi to give them more rice? - The tarps, and Colby's texas flag. (1)
19. Which two went across the river to retrieve the rice after the flood? - Keith and Tina, in what's probably my favorite episode of all time. (2)
20. What did the castaways call the outback tv? - Their campfire. They were so bored that they would just stare at the fire for hours. (1)
21. How many locks had to be undone in the prisoner storytime challenge? - 5 (1)
22. Between the final four, how much weight was lost on day 38? - about 85 pounds. As Elisabeth put it, about a third grader. (1)
23. Who was the only member of Barramundi with a masters degree? - Rodger (1)
24. Who took home the Barramundi flag? - Tina. Tina and Colby made an agreement that the winner would keep the flag. (1)
25. Who broke down at the reunion saying she wished she hadn't have gone to Australia? - Debb, the first voted out. (1)

Quotes
1. Colby - Jerri, Jerri, Jerri. You're bugging the hell out of everybody. That knock you keep hearing at the door? ___ ______ ____. - It's checkout time.

2. Kimmi - Mike thanked god for making him the leader of this tribe. I don't know when he was annointed, but apparently __ ____ ___ _____ at that moment. - my back was turned

3. Kimmi - Don't wave your finger in my face.
Alicia - I will always wave my finger in your face. You want me to say it to your face? I will be happy to, I'm saying it to your face right now. ___ ____ ___ ___ ___ ___ ______ ______. - I'm tired of you, and the f***ing chickens.

4. Colby - I may be a lot of things, but I ain't no _______ ___. - Hershey bar.

5. Tina - In the spirit of the olympics, ___ ___ _____ ____. - let the games begin.

6. Tina - I try to stay away from cooking so __ ____ ___ ___ ___ ______. - I don't have to be judged.

7. Colby - I didn't like the fact that I had to lie, but, because I was lying to Jerri, __ ____ ____ ____ ____ ___. - I didn't lose sleep over it.

8. Elisabeth - I'm going to try and keep calm. I don't know whether to break this rod, __ ___ ___ ___ __. - or try and eat it.

9. Rodger - Where we've got our camp is called a dry creekbed. I'd doubt it ___ ___ ___ _____ ___. - if it's dry right now.

Weekly Scores
1. michel - 60.5
2. taffnic - 37
3. SpotTheDifference - 34.5
4. Survivorerist - 28
5. krismiss2us - 6

Overall Scores
1. SpotTheDifference - 81.5
2. michel - 80.5
3. Survivorerist - 41
4. taffnic - 40.5
5. krismiss2us - 8.5

Africa questions

1. Who was in charge of Boran's map?
2. Who started Samburu's fire?
3. What did Clarence and Diane eat without the rest of their tribe?
4. Who won the tiebreaker in the cow blood challenge?
5. What two cars did Carl mention having?
6. Which tribe won the boulder challenge?
7. True or false? If bitten by a tick, pouring hot water on the tick will force it to retract?
8. What six players were switched?
9. Did Tom(the goat farmer) lead his tribe to victory in the goat farming challenge?
10. What are the big five animals on safari in Africa?
11. Who hit the first target in the archery challenge?
12. Who did not know the term brunch?
13. What song did Teresa sing in the first individual immunity challenge?
14. Who claimed to have had sex in an airplane?
15. What did Kelly say when her torch was snuffed?
16. What did Ethan call Tom's extra brain and third eye?
17. What movie was shown on Frank and Brandon's movie date?
18. What castaway shared a nickname with a rapper?
19. Who did Lex say gets away with murder?
20. What female contestants have no piercings?

Africa Quotes

1. Frank - Linda's so concrete she's buried in the bottom of the _____ ___.

2. Lindsey - I'll give you each your bead and then we'll have these necklaces that represent that we're one unit. ____ _____ ___ ___ ____ ____.

3. Linda - One of the thing Lindsey likes to say everyday on a regular basis is how strong she is. She's the strongest person she knows. _____ ____ ___ ___ ______.

4. Silas - There's not an event in the future that would alarm me. (Twenty four hours later) This twist in the game ___ ____ ____ __ ____ ___ ___ ____.

5. Kelly - We all like Brandon the best. Well, I mean that's not true, I like Kim alot too. But Kim is just so much more of a physical threat. And Lindsay, everyone thinks is _____ ______.

6. Tom - Lindsey's gone. And the other two? They're as nervous ___ __ _____ __ ______.

7. Kim Johnson - If Clarence lets go and sits here and eats the whole thing himself, which he would, ____ ____ ___ _____.

8. Kelly - Frank is a very big loner. He socially seems inept. I mean, I guess a large portion of the population is introverted and antisocial, that's fine, but I feel like there are perscription drugs that counteract that ___ __ ____ ____ __ ___ ____.

9. Kelly - As if that's more ethical, because Lex is like, I can't bold-faced lie to him. You can lie to him all day when it would be inconvenient to tell him the truth. But then at the last possible moment, you'll slip in the truth, and that's gonna ____ ___ ___ _____ _____? Okay.

10. Frank - It's just funny seeing the people that are matched up. Everyone's got a partner and not everyone's happy. And what do I think about my partner? __ _____ ___ ____ ____ __ ____.

11. Kim Johnson - How good is it?
Teresa - Good enough to make you want to ____ ___ ____.

12. Kelly - Benjamin, isn't there something you wanted to tell me? Oh yes, Mrs. Robinson, thank you very much for the opportunity. No, no, Benjamin, the room number. 568. ___ _______ ___ _______ _____.

Just to help you guys out, here's a list of the tribes.

Samburu

Brandon
Carl
Frank
Kim Powers
Linda
Lindsey
Silas
Teresa

Boran

Clarence
Diane
Ethan
Jessie
Kelly
Kim Johnson
Lex
Tom

Deadline for these is 5:00 board time next tuesday!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Trivia Game - Africa"
Posted by michel on 12-08-10 at 07:09 PM
OMH, if you look at the Butch cassidy challenge, you do see Maralyn participating in it. If I remember correctly, they let her jump alone first and wait by the crate but she is at the crate and she does race alongside everyone else.

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 12-09-10 at 08:24 AM
I was rewatching Australia a few months ago (I was recording all challenge sit-outs from all seasons as a personal project--yes, I need a life), and noticed this exact same thing. I asked in Sucks and they told me that this was addressed in the DVD: Maralyn was technically chosen to sit out of the challenge but wanted to jump off the cliff anyway. I believe the producers just let her race the remaining part of the challenge.

Posted by ohmyheck on 12-09-10 at 10:00 PM
I rechecked, you're right. I'll give a point for both no one and Maralyn answers, since both are technically correct.

Posted by krismiss2us on 12-11-10 at 06:32 PM
1. Who was in charge of Boran's map? Frank
2. Who started Samburu's fire? Silas
3. What did Clarence and Diane eat without the rest of their tribe? rice
4. Who won the tiebreaker in the cow blood challenge? Lex
5. What two cars did Carl mention having? BMW and porshe
6. Which tribe won the boulder challenge? Boran
7. True or false? If bitten by a tick, pouring hot water on the tick will force it to retract? false
8. What six players were switched? tom, kim j, Kelly, Theresa, Silas and carl
9. Did Tom(the goat farmer) lead his tribe to victory in the goat farming challenge? yes
10. What are the big five animals on safari in Africa? elephant, giraffe, lion, rhino, and hippo
11. Who hit the first target in the archery challenge? tom
12. Who did not know the term brunch? jesse
13. What song did Teresa sing in the first individual immunity challenge? we are the champions
14. Who claimed to have had sex in an airplane? lindsey
15. What did Kelly say when her torch was snuffed? bye.
16. What did Ethan call Tom's extra brain and third eye? his hand and foot
17. What movie was shown on Frank and Brandon's movie date? The new Guy
18. What castaway shared a nickname with a rapper? Clarence
19. Who did Lex say gets away with murder? Kelly
20. What female contestants have no piercings? Teresa

Africa Quotes

1. Frank - Linda's so concrete she's buried in the bottom of the _____ ___. deep sea

2. Lindsey - I'll give you each your bead and then we'll have these necklaces that represent that we're one unit. ____ _____ ___ ___ ____ ____. that way we can show boran

3. Linda - One of the thing Lindsey likes to say everyday on a regular basis is how strong she is. She's the strongest person she knows. _____ ____ ___ ___ ______.

4. Silas - There's not an event in the future that would alarm me. (Twenty four hours later) This twist in the game ___ ____ ____ __ ____ ___ ___ ____.

5. Kelly - We all like Brandon the best. Well, I mean that's not true, I like Kim alot too. But Kim is just so much more of a physical threat. And Lindsay, everyone thinks is _____ ______. really dumb

6. Tom - Lindsey's gone. And the other two? They're as nervous ___ __ _____ __ ______.

7. Kim Johnson - If Clarence lets go and sits here and eats the whole thing himself, which he would, ____ ____ ___ _____. we will be pissed

8. Kelly - Frank is a very big loner. He socially seems inept. I mean, I guess a large portion of the population is introverted and antisocial, that's fine, but I feel like there are perscription drugs that counteract that ___ __ ____ ____ __ ___ ____. and i think frank is in need

9. Kelly - As if that's more ethical, because Lex is like, I can't bold-faced lie to him. You can lie to him all day when it would be inconvenient to tell him the truth. But then at the last possible moment, you'll slip in the truth, and that's gonna ____ ___ ___ _____ _____? Okay. make the lie more ethical

10. Frank - It's just funny seeing the people that are matched up. Everyone's got a partner and not everyone's happy. And what do I think about my partner? __ _____ ___ ____ ____ __ ____. i think she should go back home

11. Kim Johnson - How good is it?
Teresa - Good enough to make you want to ____ ___ ____. take a dump

12. Kelly - Benjamin, isn't there something you wanted to tell me? Oh yes, Mrs. Robinson, thank you very much for the opportunity. No, no, Benjamin, the room number. 568. ___ _______ ___ _______ _____.

Just to help you guys out, here's a list of the tribes.

Samburu

Brandon
Carl
Frank
Kim Powers
Linda
Lindsey
Silas
Teresa

Boran

Clarence
Diane
Ethan
Jessie
Kelly
Kim Johnson
Lex
Tom

Thanks Tribe!

Posted by michel on 12-13-10 at 08:55 PM
PM sent.

I liked Africa but it's been a while!

Posted by taffnic on 12-14-10 at 06:15 PM
PM sent a little late. If it don't count my bad , extremely busy week..
Thanks.

courtesy of Cap'n2patch