URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1232
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Diet and Exercise"

Posted by karenlucyian on 03-10-06 at 12:15 PM
Am I the only one who is astonished that the LC's aren't involving diet and exercise as part of their daily starting over habits? Jill of course could have benefited and I am still unclear as to why Jenny Craig dropped out of sight. I remember last season when Rhonda had Jennifer (no weight issues) getting up every morning at 6am to exercise as part of her accountability to herself and her "new" life. What gives? I know Rhonda is a runner now and I just cannot imagine what is going on that all of the women couldn't benefit from the incorporation of a more healthy and positive body image. JMHO! What do you think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Diet and Exercise"
Posted by susang on 03-10-06 at 12:27 PM
IMO, it would be hard to diet while being in the SO house. One is surrounded by food, eating out, etc. Not all housemates watch what they eat. The more people there are at the table, the more you eat (the social factor). Also, your day is structured by the life coaches and the assignments. This would make it hard to find time to exercise on a regular basis. If I went into that house, I'd put on ten pounds ASAP. I agree that once you start a diet and exercise program, you feel better about yourself.

"RE: Diet and Exercise"
Posted by Pixeltalk on 03-10-06 at 04:15 PM
I think eating properly (that doesn't mean dieting or not eating well)and exercising are important ways of taking care of ourselves; just as important as the makeovers, bras, makeup, and dating that SO spends so much time on.

So many women eat/exercise poorly because they don't have the self-esteem to take care of themselves. Structure and discipline are also important in a "recovery" setting. I thought that schedule Iyanla gave Jennifer last year, though somewhat strict, was a really good idea. If you take care of yourself and accomplish things, you will feel better about yourself and your day.

I thought it was awesome that Iyanla sent Lisa to that battered women's shelter. That is another important thing for happiness and fulfillment: helping others and feeling needed.

These are all basic tools for building self-esteem, self-reliance and discipline, which should all be part of starting over.

"Locking - duplicate"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-10-06 at 05:47 PM
You may copy your posts to this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID91/993.shtml