URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 123
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season VI -- Mark your calendars!"

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 10-09-06 at 04:43 PM
Finally a date! Season VI will begin with a 2-night, 4-hour season premiere airing Sunday January 14th at 8/7c and Monday January 15th at 8/7c.

Also note (from the provided link) that we will be treated to a trailer for Season VI on October 24th.

From this article: "The coming season takes place nearly two fictional years after agent Jack Bauer's last cliffhanger concluded."

Can't wait!!

Generously handcrafted by the Amazing RollDdice; no relation to the Amazing Spider-Man.
Thinking Out Loud

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season VI -- Mark your calendars!"
Posted by trigirl on 10-10-06 at 11:53 AM
Now I have a reason to go buy a 2007 calendar.

....counting down the days until Jack is back!

"thank you for listening"
Posted by trigirl on 10-10-06 at 11:55 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just read the article and heard that my sweet Wayne Palmer is back. If only he and Aaron ruled the world...with a little help from Jack.

"RE: thank you for listening"
Posted by Emily RugBurn on 10-10-06 at 03:13 PM
Ah-ha! I was wondering if you'd notice that lil' tidbit, TriGirl! Good news, indeed. (I didn't want to draw too much attention to it as it's a teeny bit of a spoiler.)

We can only hope Buchanan returns as well!

:: crosses fingers ::

~ EmRB

Generously handcrafted by the Amazing RollDdice; no relation to the Amazing Spider-Man.
Thinking Out Loud

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-11-06 at 10:57 AM
So very excited!

Thanks Emily!

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by sittem on 10-11-06 at 06:42 PM
Great news.

So my options for keeping up are:

1. Reading the excellent summaries on the Fox website (check out PB sometime - very good if you don't have any options).

2. Someone can post 8-9 minutes segments on You Tube for me like some wonderful fan from Spain is doing with TAR. So, any takers??

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by sittem on 10-14-06 at 07:28 AM
http://www.24trailer.com/

fyi - They are promoting a trailer on the web only in 10 days (October 24).

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

"New Cast Members"
Posted by trigirl on 10-22-06 at 11:30 PM
From the futon critic.

EMMY AWARD-WINNING ACTOR CHAD LOWE TO SPEND TIME ON "24"

Season Six Premieres with 2-Night, 4-Hour Event Sunday, January 14, and Monday, January 15, on FOX

As the highly anticipated premiere of 24's Season Six approaches, Emmy Award-winner Chad Lowe ("Life Goes On") joins 2006's most Emmy Award-winning television series. The clock for "Day Six" starts ticking with a 2-night, 4-hour television event Sunday, Jan. 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The show's regular time period premiere is Monday, Jan. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

As previously announced, fans around the globe can take their first look at Season Six by visiting www.24trailer.com on Tuesday, Oct. 24 (3:00 PM ET/Noon PT).

Lowe will play savvy politico REED POLLOCK. He joins a list of notable newcomers this season, including Peter MacNicol ("Ally McBeal"), Regina King ("Ray"), James Cromwell ("Babe"), Kal Penn ("Harold & Kumar"), Marisol Nichols ("In Justice"), Alexander Siddig ("Syriana") and Harry Lennix ("Commander in Chief").

Season Five concluded with a battered and bloodied JACK BAUER (Kiefer Sutherland) captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season Six picks up 20 months later and will feature WAYNE PALMER (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer; presidential advisor KAREN HAYES (Jayne Atkinson); and CTU colleagues CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub), CURTIS MANNING (Roger Cross) and BILL BUCHANAN (James Morrison). Eric Balfour and Carlo Rota will reprise their respective roles as CTU contractors MILO PRESSMAN and MORRIS O'BRIAN.

Curtis, Chloe, Wayne and Bill. Life is good.

"More Scoop"
Posted by trigirl on 10-22-06 at 11:34 PM
Again from The Futon Critic....

JAMES CROMWELL AND EDDIE IZZARD CLOCK-IN ON "24"

Oscar- and Emmy-nominated actor James Cromwell ("Babe," "Six Feet Under") and Emmy Award-winning actor Eddie Izzard ("Dress to Kill," "My Super Ex-Girlfriend") join the season six cast of 24, this year's most Emmy Award-winning television series, including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland) and Outstanding Drama Series. The clock for "Day Six" will begin to tick in January, Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The highly respected Cromwell will recur this season as PHILLIP BAUER, the estranged father of JACK BAUER (Sutherland), while British actor/comedian Izzard will portray a villainous accomplice, DARREN McCARTHY. In addition to Cromwell and Izzard, newcomers joining the pulse-pounding thriller include Kal Penn ("Harold & Kumar"), Marisol Nichols ("In Justice"), Alexander Siddig ("Syriana") and Harry Lennix ("Commander in Chief"). Eric Balfour and Carlo Rota will reprise their respective roles as CTU contractors MILO PRESSMAN and MORRIS O'BRIAN.

Season five concluded with a battered and bloodied Bauer captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season six picks up 20 months later. WAYNE PALMER (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer, is now himself the President of the United States, while his sister, SANDRA PALMER (Regina King), is a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, Palmer and his team of advisors, KAREN HAYES (Jayne Atkinson) and THOMAS LENNOX (Peter MacNicol) as well as CTU colleagues CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub), CURTIS MANNING (Roger Cross) and BILL BUCHANAN (James Morrison) begin an unthinkable, nail-biting day.

"Martha and Weasel Face Too!"
Posted by trigirl on 11-09-06 at 05:50 PM
Jean Smart and Gregory Itzin, key players in last season's Emmy-winning run of "24," will be back this season.

Full article here.

Posted by J Slice on 11-09-06 at 06:39 PM
Buchanan + Chloe + MORRIS = Vitamin AWESOME.

I just think Morris is cute. In a sexy husky man kind of way.

"Another Canadian"
Posted by trigirl on 01-09-07 at 12:02 PM
The casting director has to be Canadian. There are more canucks working on 24 than the rest of US tv combined!

Link
Fans of Shaun Majumder will be taken aback next week when the performer graduates from 22 to 24.

The 34-year-old Newfoundlander is best-known in Canada as one of the stars of the Halifax-produced news satire This Hour Has 22 Minutes on CBC. But Majumder gets to show off a not-so-lighthearted side of his acting talent in the third and fourth hours of the new season of the hit U.S. drama 24.

The Fox network show, starring Canadian actor Kiefer Sutherland as beleaguered federal agent Jack Bauer, returns for a sixth season Sunday with the first two hours of a four-episode premiere. The third and fourth hours, set to air Monday, feature Majumder as terrorist Hasan Numair.

"EW Subscribers..."
Posted by Bebo on 01-09-07 at 12:09 PM
...like me are in total heaven. There's a pullout devoted to 24 in the winter TV preview issue that has a synopsis of each season and info on new and recurring characters. I've only skimmed through it, but I lvoe all the info.

Peter McNichol is going to totally rock as the new chief of staff.

"RE: EW Subscribers..."
Posted by Emily RugBurn on 01-10-07 at 05:52 PM
Lvoe me some Peter McNichol!

(Or, Janosz Poha, as he's known in my house... my House of Nerds, that is.)

Emily's RugBlog

"USA Today"
Posted by Bebo on 01-12-07 at 11:02 AM
Four out of four stars - woohoo!

The reviewer comments on why most serialized shows have failed - because they're not 24.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 01-12-07 at 03:49 PM
I've had my VCR set for Sunday and Monday's first four hours for three weeks now. And, I think I'll program my other VCR, too. In case the main one screws up!

"Vice President"
Posted by trigirl on 01-30-07 at 03:09 PM
I have said it before...excellent casting on this show.

Powers Boothe to play Vice President Noah Daniels.