URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1222
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother 2007"

Posted by mrc on 05-05-07 at 09:41 AM
Any word on the setup for this year? Are Charla and Mirna making an appearance? Will we see Romber emerge in their gazillionth iteration?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother 2007"
Posted by AugustGirl on 05-06-07 at 09:21 AM
Hamsterwatch is reporting Alison Grodner is back as co-exective producer, along with Rich Meehan. Read it here (about 1/3rd down the page) :

http://www.hamsterwatch.com/bb8/home.shtml

Allison said "We consider 'All-Stars' sort of the end of an era".. she can't really come out and say it tanked as a concept, but this gives some hope for the new regime, however she went on to use the dreaded T-word: "We're getting a chance to start once again with a fresh cast and new twists"

As long as I don't see Mike Boogie, Erika or Howie this summer, I'll be fine with anyone else showing up.

One nation, under Romber...

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-06-07 at 11:42 AM
Keep the DAW"S off the TV!! Enough, all ready!! Let's see some BRAND NEW FACES... It can't be that hard!!

Posted by agman on 05-06-07 at 03:27 PM

Agree, they should have people linning up to be on this show

Posted by tribephyl on 05-07-07 at 07:50 AM
I have heard the news of the producer changes.
But I have no idea what the setup will be.
I have also seen some BB commercials advertising the open casting.
But I live in the Hollywood environs and that's to be expected.

I feel extremely positive we won't see another All-Stars version.
Ever.
But then again 6 years down the road and someone's bound to bring it up at a meeting.

It won't change the fact that I'll still watch every last moment of the show and beat myself in the head repeatedly for doing so.

Posted by qwertypie on 05-27-07 at 03:28 PM

Two words for you sweetie -- "Drinking Game" Watch for it soon! It was the only way I made it through the Apprentice and it is so much fun to take a shot every time Julie screws up. Or wears body glitter *shudder*

Posted by Road Kill on 05-07-07 at 02:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

I think it would be interesting to see Rob and Dr. Will go at it.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-14-07 at 01:27 AM
Surely you jest! Yeah, Rob did a damn good job on A.S.S., but Will would use him like a wrench, even if Amber was on there, too. Rob would be nothing but a toy for Will to play with before he tosses it aside and/or breaks it. Rob isn't close to in Will's league and most of you probably know it.

Posted by Road Kill on 05-14-07 at 09:11 AM
Now don't get me wrong. No one is better at Big Brother than Dr. Will. I just think it would be interesting to see them interact on the same show. It definitely would be fun to watch.

Posted by mikren on 05-16-07 at 11:26 AM
If Will went on BB again he would be the first one voted out.

Posted by Lasann on 05-17-07 at 12:33 PM
I doubt it. Everyone said that last year.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

Posted by Aruba on 05-27-07 at 06:51 AM
Oh Swell...so how many times will CBS give Rob a chance to win a season...five...six??? Sorry I lost count. Whatever the count the result always is the same for him.

I'm all for fresh faces to give someone new a chance to do something Rob has been unable to do countless times--Win a season.

BTW: Will would eat Rob for breakfast, lunch, dinner (and Big Brother slop)! Watching them "go at it" would be as "interesting" as the 12-year-old Soapbox Derby champion racing at the Indy 500 this afternoon.

Posted by iatovttotx78 on 06-25-07 at 03:44 PM
If there's one thing I don't want to see again on Big Brother it's slop. That stuff was so disgusting. I can only stand to see so much torture in one season. Making people live off slop crosses the line for what I can tolerate.

Created bySharina

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 06-26-07 at 12:43 PM
If there's one thing I don't want to see again on Big Brother it's slop.

See, I guess I disagree on that front. Maybe the slop should be slightly less disgusting, at least in appearance, but PB&J is a little too nice. I thought it was good to make them suffer a bit last season.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-27-07 at 07:21 PM
>
>I think it would be interesting
>to see Rob and Dr.
>Will go at it.

I totally agree.....that would be fun.

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-28-07 at 03:42 PM
With ANY luck at all, we will never have to see either Rob, Ambuh, Dr. Will, Erica, Mike Boogie, Charla & Schirmna, Team Guido, Alliho, or ANY OF THOSE OTHER PEOPLE on our screens, EVER AGAIN!!

Posted by Sues on 05-29-07 at 10:24 PM
amen...new peeps please!! and a better variety of ages...ya know, for us old folks...

Posted by qwertypie on 05-30-07 at 02:47 AM
And a limit on the silicone.

I've danced with Tribe! 2007

Posted by AshLanie on 05-30-07 at 08:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-07 AT 08:20 AM (EST)

>And a limit on the silicone.
>
>
>
> I've danced
>with Tribe! 2007

LOL...nods

Was watching reality remix or one of those shows on...and one reality show (Not sure if it was BB or not) has added the following questions to their application:

Alcohol consumption and breast size.

Sad

Posted by qwertypie on 05-30-07 at 05:56 PM
So obviously this question was geared to the females

(tho' it would be useful to weed out some of the less healthy males too)

"Maybe a cue from Britian?"
Posted by Estee on 06-02-07 at 08:33 PM
Apparently they're doing an all-female house this year (although they might be adding one male as the first twist).

"RE: Maybe a cue from Britian?"
Posted by qwertypie on 06-03-07 at 00:38 AM
*SHUDDER*

I've been planked by Tribe!

Posted by tribephyl on 06-03-07 at 02:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-07 AT 02:14 AM (EST)

If that's true, you can count me out.

I need me some summertime manmeat!

Nothing against women. But a houseful of them for three months? I couldn't watch.

Posted by JD8 on 06-03-07 at 09:46 PM
An all female house. I don't think so. I don't think it would fly. I would still watch. But I don't think that it would work out. Although you throw one male in , and all can go to hell I think a one sex house would be brutally boring.. although we all think the women would eat eachother alive mostly it's because of the men. They would get along. It would be fine. There would be clicks but nothing to crazy would be boring.

Posted by Snidget on 06-04-07 at 07:20 AM
Depends on who they cast. See Flavor of Love Charm School. Just females, but plenty of cattiness and fights, etc.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

Posted by qwertypie on 06-04-07 at 09:59 AM
I still wouldn't watch. It would like being stuck in an all female bridal shower for months. TOO. MUCH. ESTROGEN.

Hey everybody --let's make a wedding dress out of toilet paper!

Posted by qwertypie on 06-04-07 at 10:06 AM
Gee Tribe, can't figure out why you wouldn't watch to watch catty females all summer.

"Start date and HG count?"
Posted by tribephyl on 06-11-07 at 04:39 AM
Looks like Pirate Masters fate hath been sealed (with a black mark) as BigBrothers 8th edition premieres on Thursday July 5th at 8pm. Sending Pirate Masters to haunt Tuesday nights.
More of the story here.

Also, it looks like we may be returning to a 12 person cast.
As this cap from the new promo shows the picture wall, but with only twelve frames. (BB6~14, BB5~14, BB4~13, BB3~12, BB2~12)

"RE: Start date and HG count?"
Posted by qwertypie on 06-11-07 at 01:13 PM
12 people huh? Could it be that America is running out of DAWs to audition? (One can only hope)

Oops! Tribe did me again!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 06-11-07 at 07:53 PM
12 people huh? Could it be that America is running out of DAWs to audition? (One can only hope)

You'd think they would just recruit like Burnett adn Bruckheimer do...oh wait, they already do that. Uh...I've got it! Two DAWS had massive panic attacks when they realized they might actually have to have a conversation with Julie Chen! That must be it!

What? It's more believable than the ridiculous notion that they actually decided that double eviction weeks are stupid...

Posted by J Slice on 06-11-07 at 10:24 PM
you should see what happens when she malfunctions!

You should really read my crappy blog

Posted by ohmyheck on 06-21-07 at 05:46 PM
I think that shot was from the early promos of All-Stars. Remember how they just 'decided' that 2 more would be voted in by America's choice?

Posted by tribephyl on 06-21-07 at 06:49 PM
This is the early shot of season 6's faceboard.

The teasers were mentioning only 12 would get in but when we got this shot, talk turned into having 2 more join.

At least that's the way I remember it happening.

Posted by ohmyheck on 06-21-07 at 08:19 PM
I mean earlier than when they re-introduced the 20 people. I distinctly remember the 4-5-3 pattern in promos from last year.

Posted by puppylove50 on 06-21-07 at 04:46 PM
I don't think I could stand having to listen to Charla and Mirna whine.......Had enough of those two on Amazing Race.

Posted by Lasann on 06-22-07 at 10:27 AM
*hops up and down*

My anticipation is so high I'm losing body fluids!

A Syren creation
There is more faith in honest doubt - Alfred Tennyson
Silent complicity with apocalyptic rherotic soon becomes collusion with plans for religiously inspired genocide. - Richard K. Fenn

Posted by foonermints on 06-26-07 at 09:37 PM
»I'm losing body fluids!«
Hopefully not like Qwerty.
Oh! There was BB6. I forgot.

Posted by qwertypie on 06-28-07 at 10:47 AM
Well, there is the drinking game coming up? Maybe we can figure out a new twist for that.

Posted by ulalame on 06-22-07 at 05:50 PM
Saw a commercial last night during Pirate Master in which they focused on a comment from Janelle -- "what comes around, goes around." This made me think that the speculation that they are going to do some kind of bullies/bullied pair-up might be right on.

Posted by bdemoney on 06-26-07 at 07:09 PM
This year, there will be something die-hard fans will love," Grodner teased to Daily Variety about a new still-undisclosed play-along-at-home component that will be part of Big Brother 8. "It will give them the opportunity to participate even more than they have in the past.

Am hoping this is true and the new "twist" will actually be something us die-hard fans will love, but unfortunately it will probably end up being more hype than substance...

Link to entire article: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/big-brother-producer-promises-something-die-hard-fans-will-love-5408.php

Posted by qwertypie on 06-28-07 at 10:46 AM
Maybe they will go back to season one and have America voting the HG out. *sigh* as if.

Posted by puppylove50 on 06-28-07 at 11:34 AM
>Any word on the setup for
>this year? Are Charla and
>Mirna making an appearance? Will
>we see Romber emerge in
>their gazillionth iteration?
>
>

JULIE CHEN INTRODUCED THE HOUSEGUESTS ON CBCNEWS.COM THE EARLY SHOW.....

"youtube of The Early Show"
Posted by Loree on 06-29-07 at 01:47 PM
Here is a clip of Julie Chen talking about the show and introducing the HGs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTRlvL9y6I&eurl

Posted by Vixxxen on 06-28-07 at 03:21 PM
I'm glad there's all new people this year. I was getting tired of Chill Town's schtick. Some new faces and relationships will be quite refreshing.