URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1220
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Black's give away names of other eliminations?"

Posted by gams on 09-29-05 at 11:21 AM
In an interview posted on www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article5744.art&page=1 the Blacks were asked what team they bonded with. They answered the Rogers and Aiellos.

Now, since the teams cannot talk with the other teams before the race starts and since they only spent two days and one night racing cannot we not assume that these two teams were also eliminated fairly early? We know that they did not have time to bond during the race so that left only one night to get to know the other teams before the Blacks were gone. The bonding could only happen after the teams were at the holding hotel waiting for the end of the race. So it would seem to me that the Rogers and Aiellos are gone fairly early.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Sounds right..."
Posted by AyaK on 09-29-05 at 12:29 PM
Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

"RE: Black's give away names of other eliminations?"
Posted by television on 09-29-05 at 12:38 PM
Well, they had a night of camping, so you can get to know people in that time. I dunno, maybe they hung out at the pit stop too, after being eliminated. I think they can "bond" with people in one meeting. That said, I can see these two teams being the next two gone.

Posted by gams on 09-29-05 at 12:55 PM
Per interviews with other teams on previous years, you cannot check into the pit stop if you are eliminated.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 10-02-05 at 06:20 PM
Sounds like it to me, but darn it why couldn't they haven't mentioned the Paolo family instead of the Airello's. I know they are married, but those brothers in laws are hot.

An ARnutz!

Posted by dabo on 10-03-05 at 03:38 AM
Do you really think such nice people as the Blacks would bond with such disfunctional people as the Paolos under any circumstances?

"One down, one to go?"
Posted by realitybites on 10-05-05 at 10:17 AM
>In an interview posted on www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article5744.art&page=1
>the Blacks were asked what team they bonded with. They
>answered the Rogers and Aiellos.

With last night's eliminations of the Rogers bunch last night, this is starting to look a little more interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

"Two for two"
Posted by realitybites on 10-12-05 at 06:29 AM
Nice spoiler. Let's hope TPTB didn't notice.

Posted by dev67 on 10-07-05 at 06:39 PM
I don't know if that quite proves it, but check this out from the CBS interview with the Rogers.
<Snip>
But one thing they don't regret is meeting the Schroeder family from New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina flooded their house, the Rogers invited the Schroeders to stay with them in Shreveport.

"They stayed with us and, actually, we speak every day," Renee says. "Their house is down to the studs. They have nothing left. They knocked it down. And basically they have nothing. They have their race bags they came to our home with and the clothes on their backs."

Denny says other teams have used their home as a mailing point, sending donations to the Schroeders. "The families have been tremendous," he says.
<Snip>
I think that this proves the Schroeders are out, why would they need to go stay with the Rogers if they had a mil.

Posted by Gingerman28 on 10-07-05 at 10:56 PM
But they won't get the mil (less taxes) until the race is finished airing in late November or December, and under their confidentiality clause they couldn't even say that they will be getting a million in order to secure credit. This all would assume that they would win, which they won't.

Posted by Neobie on 10-12-05 at 08:12 AM
Wow. Just wow. Thanks!

Posted by shabalaba on 10-12-05 at 01:05 PM
after the Aiello's philimination last night, I guess the Blacks did give away a spoiler after all...

Posted by gams on 10-12-05 at 04:33 PM
So now who is next? Well, the Rogers have been on alot of sites talking about the Schroeders staying with them during the hurricane. So that would mean that they also had time to bond. I think next leg has to be a non-elimination (at the beginning we were told there would be six non-eliminations) so that gives us two episodes to have them eliminated.

"Schroeders give away winner?"
Posted by dragonflies on 10-19-05 at 02:30 PM
On the webcast of the Finish Line, where the Schroeders were interviewed (on SeeBeeS website,aired first at noon CST today) the Schroeders talked about their friendships with other racers. Stassi clearly said they were friends with all but one team. Then later them mentioned the Weavers were underhanded, sneaky, getting around rules, etc etc. Yet, the edit the Weavers are getting isn't all that bad.

Are they getting a winner's edit?

siggie by arkie

"RE: Schroeders give away winner?"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-20-05 at 11:35 AM
I think they just disliked them from the get go. The Weavers are getting a winners edit? Doesn't seem like it to me. They lost their minds in episode 3 and I don't like them at all.

Besides, what is a winners edit? Flo & Zach and Freddy & Kendra were hated (mostly Flo & Kendra), but Chip & Kim and Uchenna & Joyce were very well liked (for a few examples).

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

"RE: Schroeders give away winner?"
Posted by dragonflies on 10-20-05 at 12:08 PM
It seemed to me that with Flo/Zach & Freddy/Kendra, as the season went on, they appeared (well, not Flo, but Zach did) to be more endearing. Maybe that isn't the right word, but it seemed easier to accept them as winners toward the end. Although most of the Freddy/Kendra season has been blocked from my memory.

"SeeBS Website Possible Spoiler???"
Posted by kary1371 on 10-20-05 at 10:28 AM
Last season there was the background thing, now anyone has noticed that they've been getting eliminated in order??

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/teams/

"RE: SeeBS Website Possible Spoiler???"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-20-05 at 11:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Looks like CBS got wise to the spoiling and made the teams all have a different background. Although, there are a few teams near red brick buildings at different angles and a few near a river with a city skyline (maybe the NY starting line?).

The problem with this possibly happening again is that there is a betting spoiler on the Linz family. Their background looks like it was taken in the same place as the Schroeders, Blacks and Aiellos (all eliminated). Guess we can only judge it to be something if the Linzes are out next (which is unlikely, IMO, given the betting spoiler).

ETA: That didn't pan out last season anyway because Ron & Kelly had a different background than Romber and Uchenna & Joyce.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Posted by kary1371 on 10-20-05 at 11:40 AM
If you look though at the order of the pictures, they were eliminated in the order (reversed) the pictures are place in...

Posted by Neobie on 10-20-05 at 11:44 AM
Background probably wouldn't work this season. These were taken at the starting line, with the brick house being the one on the racers' right when they ran towards their bags.

Although the starting group photo in New York is eliminating teams from right to left...

Posted by ARnutz on 10-20-05 at 12:18 PM
That's strange (both kary & Neobie) I don't think CBS would make it so obvious to place the eliminated teams in order. I guess we'll see if the Gaghans go out next, but then I wonder what will happen with the bottom row? We'll have to keep an eye on it.

Posted by kary1371 on 10-20-05 at 12:28 PM
Last season the background thing worked for a while, except close to the end... maybe now we have it for half...??!