URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1217
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Congratulations, Joshuah."

Posted by Estee on 02-21-08 at 01:45 PM
We knew they'd cast for shallow this season. We also knew they'd cast for egotistical, stupid, total lack of empathy, manipulative, unbalanced, and unwatchable. But with your accomplishments in the last week, we now know they were also casting for inhuman.

They succeeded.

Did you enjoy your little bon mot to Amanda? We know you did. In fact, you enjoyed it so much that you had some follow-ups, and it's really a pity that only your initial launch made the broadcast. Sure, someone else set up the ball for you -- but you're the one who chose to make the spike, and you just kept firing away, didn't you?

It's interesting, getting to see what you really are. Every bit of personal information you learn is a piece of potential emotional blackmail, every moment of tragedy a joke. You took the suicide of Amanda's father and turned it into a weeklong personal comedy routine. It was the only thing you could think to do with it. Perhaps it's the only thing you understand.

Please understand: I'm not saying all this because you're a gay male. I'm sure you'd lack just as much humanity if you were straight. I am saying this because you crossed a line -- no, you obliterated it. There are places you do not go if you have any sense of decency at all, even the tiniest connection to or sympathy with those around you -- and you not only went there, you set up a tent, dug a fire pit, and invented everyone to the barbecue, if only so you could throw them in when you needed extra fuel.

Sure, Amanda can be annoying. And you know what you do? You tell her she's annoying. Maybe she'll listen. Maybe -- major 'maybe' here -- she'll change. But what you did? Not hitting below the belt: a knife between the ribs. And you laughed at the first burst of pain, found it so amusing that you kept yourself laughing for as long as possible. I suspect you aren't done.

I hope I get to see you in person someday. Maybe I'll tell you exactly what I think of you in details beyond what the board's guidelines will allow. We'll see if you feel like committing suicide by the end.

But if I happen to arrive a little late to that party, and see someone else doing the same thing -- I won't try to stop them.

There's an expression I very rarely pull out on this board, what I originally heard of as a Creole translation of a French concept. sans humanitae: I will give you no mercy, you deserve no pity, and it serves you right.

You've earned every bit of it.

Once again, congratulations. I'm sure we all look forward to speaking with you on the outside.

And eventually, Joshuah -- eventually, you have to come outside...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Congratulations, Joshuah."
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-21-08 at 02:15 PM
Y'know what I really hate about that comment?

My DVR missed it.

It caught before the comment, and it caught after the comment, but did it catch the comment itself? Noooooooooo...

Damn DVR. Normally a miracle machine. Tonight? Epic fail. This is the equivalent of the cat trapped in the bird cage while the bird sits and watches from on top.

Joshuah will not win...wait. Maggie won. Boogie won. Evel Dick won. Jun even won. I take it back - Joshuah will win going away. And we will all declare this season the Worst. Season. Ever. and claim we will never watch again.

And we will all watch. Because it beats the hell out of going out in the 90-degree summer heat.

Posted by Riordan on 02-21-08 at 02:24 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E91jE9oFaAo&feature=related

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 02-22-08 at 01:32 AM
Well put, Estee. No need to be concerned. Way to go.

"Nonono...Congratulations, Estee!"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-22-08 at 03:49 AM

If only I were in your league. *sigh*
Great bashing.
Speaking of bashing... if you need backup, I've been known for breaking a few thumbs in my life. .... uh ... Other people's thumbs, not my own. Could come in handy. (Pun not intended.)

Posted by batts on 02-22-08 at 07:16 PM
This behaviour sometimes runs rampant in the RW forum.

Why can't adults communicate with each other without the feel for the need to slaughter the other with that kind of namecalling?

"More proof of Joshuah's Asshattery"
Posted by newsomewayne on 02-26-08 at 02:07 PM
from Jokers...

Josh says he thinks its {retarded} that alex carries the cros around....

The cross was made from the steel from the twin towers and alex carries it cuz his dad died in 9/11.

Mods, I know it is from jokers, but I hope this qualifies as on topic, not a spoiler.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

"RE: More proof of Joshuah's Asshattery"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-26-08 at 02:35 PM
Let's see...using sexist slurs against Amanda unabashedly...mocking Alex's 9/11 cross...whatever the hell he did on Sunday...Joshuah's officially going to hell. I think this cements it. Yup.

That or he's going to the Big Brother house again. He'll fit in at either place.

Posted by Estee on 02-26-08 at 03:58 PM
I probably don't want to know what word you had to replace there. *sigh* I could just go look up the entry, but I don't want to. I already know what Joshuah is. As far as this non-mod is concerned, that's basically an extra nail.

It's about memory. I'm guessing Joshuah finds the idea of having had people in your life whom you'd miss to be highly offensive.

Apparently every time an Alex brings a cross onto a reality show, someone's going to be a nightmare about it.

The good news is that if this link continues, we can get Joshuah thrown out on a rules violation.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-26-08 at 04:46 PM
Sadly, that means Amanda wins, and since I think Matalee is this season's Gardener, they go far.

Posted by Estee on 02-26-08 at 04:55 PM
I think Matalee is this season's Gardener

Explain.

Amanda?

Posted by vince3 on 02-26-08 at 05:03 PM
I think he's assuming that the couples stay together the entire way. If Alex wins, his partner Amanda will win as well......

Matalee = Matt/Natalie.

They seem to push Alex/Amanda to the limits, I guess........

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-27-08 at 07:28 AM
Well, until last night, I saw them as both the closest team to Alex/Amanda as well as a source of natural conflict (as I recall, Gardener and Alex never completely trusted each other unless they absolutely had to, and Alex/Amanda and Matalee seem to have the Boston/NYC conflict as well.)

That and, until last night, Matalee looked like the best team in competitions. However, at this point, one must go, and I'm guessing it's Matalee now that Amanda has survived a scare and is suddenly respected...well, until she does something else, since BB houseguests seem to have the memory span of a goldfish until they reach the jury.

Posted by newsomewayne on 02-26-08 at 05:10 PM
I probably don't want to know what word you had to replace there.

Sorry, it wasn't a word replacement. Just a spelling correction. I should have noted it as such. My bad.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

Posted by jd8855 on 02-26-08 at 06:54 PM
I think his comments are in bad taste but hey look at ##### he said all those things to and he got away with it,maybe it's just his game who knows. either way makes for some entertaining stuff. Although that was trully tacky to say that about her father ..and making fun of the cross is just well making fun for the sake of making fun nothing to say about that. I can't stand Alex anyway he is like that boy in highschool who stalked you and thought because he liked you , you were his girlfriend acting like a jealous freak after knowing someone for like a week and then lashing out at her calling her names..he is a control freak and i think he is crazy..

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 07:00 PM
Maybe it is the effects of time, but I swear this crop of hamsters are making Hurricane Howie and Evel Dick look classy in comparison.

As bad as those two were when on the attack at least they had moments of humanity that made them at least somewhat redeemable as people.

Posted by Estee on 03-03-08 at 02:58 PM
The good news is that if this link continues, we can get Joshuah thrown out on a rules violation.

In two words: ye gawds.

"Don't buy the edit."
Posted by Estee on 02-27-08 at 08:05 AM
Joshuah's Diary Room reform was, at best, a potentially temporary redirection of target -- as noted above, he's now going after other people. Gotta get 'em all!

And what else did we learn last night? We found out Joshuah's one of the obsessives that power the $200,000,000-a-year Britney Spears gossip industry, meaning he's directly behind the moral decline of civilization as we know it. There will now be a brief pause while people die of not-surprise.

Last one out of the hot tub gets to make an excuse for why she died!

"I withdraw my statement"
Posted by mrc on 03-03-08 at 02:39 PM
Joshuahahuah is the most vile BB player evah.

A totally ag-cepptable siggie

"RE: I withdraw my statement"
Posted by LLR on 03-03-08 at 02:48 PM
Josh???? I think that honor HAS to go to Allison.....hands down.

"RE: I withdraw my statement"
Posted by Estee on 03-03-08 at 02:55 PM
I can't directly refer to live feed events until the week where they might be aired clears -- and despite last night's very blatant editing out of a few notable house moments, there's still a theoretical chance to see some portion of them on Tuesday or Wednesday. For now, all I can say is that there were things that weren't shown on both sides -- never underestimate someone's ability to try and spin events in their Diary Room entries -- and Joshuah has accomplished an all-time (and unseen) series first.

More on Thursday after they fail to show any what I'm dancing around.

*sigh* I've said it before: if this was any other show, Joshuah would be in the middle of a winner's edit.

Posted by mia rules18 on 03-05-08 at 10:39 AM
I don't get the feeds so I'm not up on every big blow out, but from what I have seen Josh needs some mental help. I need to voice this opinion, because I find him disturbing...Normally I cut the hampsters more mental slack because I understand that being secluded in that house makes you crazy. Makes you say and do crazy things because well, theres nothing much else to do. However, the amount of hatred this Josh has is out of hand. It does just seem like he needs to have someone around to hate, badmouth and be horrible to. Last night Allison tried to talk to him about his hatred towards her and he really didn't have a good reason and took off outside because he had no real argument. Yeah, sure he can not like her, and yes one of the stupidest things ever was the fake lesbian alliance, but I think he has some misplaced anger or something and it's a bit freaky. He's one angry guy.

"Joshuah's HoH blog"
Posted by frisky on 03-06-08 at 11:56 AM
This is quite telling of why Joshuah blanched when told of the couples splitting up:

"Sharon and I have a specific strategy every single day; Sharon is everyone's best friend and Joshuah is in charge of putting everyone in their place. Sharon does the underground work and Joshuah verbally attacks."

Nice long-term strategy, there, arse.

And this really pi$$ed me off:

"I have wanted to break down so many times in this insane asylum...I will owe you big time when I come back from war...I will buy you all the buffalo wings and beer you want when I get out of this prison..."

One can pretty safely assume that Joshuah has not (yet) been mentally incompacitated to the point of institutionalization, or been in combat in a warzone, or been locked up in prison. So how dare he presume to know what any of these things feel like? All are life-altering and life-threatening experiences that are very painful for everyone involved. How dare he cheapen these experiences by comparing them to a friggin' reality TV show for which he is being compensated, fed, bathed, and pampered? How can he know about any of these things if he has never walked in those shoes?!

Just sayin.

"RE: Joshuah's HoH blog"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-06-08 at 12:06 PM
Well, keep in mind that they are locked up in a confined space with people that belong there, they're forced to share rooms with assigned other people, and their largest source of entertainment is working out. Sure, it's nicer, but to some extent, it's an awful lot like prison. The only difference is the $500,000 prize, and prison inmates can get more than that for mistreatment.

And most of these people would fit in nicely in an insane asylum, Joshuah included.

As for the war analogy...well, OK, he's a dope.

And make the Buffalo wings spicy.

"Amber's back, and she's male."
Posted by Estee on 03-10-08 at 08:13 AM
A light paraphrase of Joshuah's reaction to the HoH competition.

'...and now Ryan's gonna put me on the block and get me out just because I put him on the block and got him out! That's just Ryan being mean! It's not faaaaair!'

Throw in the frequently-disturbing prayers, and now all we need is some tears...

Wait. He's broken all the commandments?

"RE: Amber's back, and she's male."
Posted by vince3 on 03-10-08 at 08:56 AM
Don't you mean Danielle and Amber? The "It's not faaaaair" was the spawn of ED's domain........

Posted by jd8855 on 03-10-08 at 08:57 AM
LOL how true. Why should I go up just because I put him up? Is that really people's thought on it that they can do whatever they want to people and expect no retaliation. this guy is a scuz he is a mixture of Di** and Amber which whoever would have thought . I mean really he goes off at the mouth and then he gets all upset about why people are going to put him up etc. What a crock I hope he gets the boot soon.. I guess not this week but hopefully soon.

Posted by Snidget on 03-10-08 at 09:25 AM
How do you hide a body when the cameras are watching you 24/7?

He can't have murdered one of the cast, could he? I mean someone has to be watching this dreck and would have noticed someone was missing?

He does know that covet your neighbor's azz is about a donkey, right?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-10-08 at 09:57 AM
Let's see...

Thou shalt have no other gods - hmm. Push.
Thou shalt not worship a graven image - does the Chenbot count? Or his tiara? The tiara counts.
Remember the Sabbath day - they pretty much have to do stuff on Sunday.
Honor thy parents - so far, so good.
Thou shalt not murder - the guinea pigs are all still alive, I take it.
Thou shalt not steal - so far, I think, so good.
Thou shalt not bear false witness - as if everything he said about Allison was really true.
Thou shalt not commit adultery - shouldn't be a problem, as his kind of marriage isn't legal in Texas and I coubt he's marriage material anyway.
Thou shalt not covet - everyone in the house is guilty of this.

And then whatever the tenth commandment is, I'm sure he violated it. Sheesh. I spent six months in RCIA and can only remember nine of the commandments.

Posted by jbug on 03-10-08 at 03:22 PM
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-11-08 at 08:32 AM
Thanks. I can never remember all ten.

Posted by electrick_shocks on 03-22-08 at 12:35 PM
So far, Joshuah has only picked on WOMEN. His list of victims include Amanda, Alison, Natalie and Sheila. Yet I never seen Joshuah say anything remotely negative to any of the MEN in the house. Joshy is scared of confronting a guy who could knock the ##### out of him after the finale.

Joshuah is a woman hating coward, ##### and fag!

"WARNING"
Posted by Bebo on 03-22-08 at 07:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-08 AT 07:43 PM (EST)

On these forums, we do not approve of the use of the word 'fag' to insult a gay show participant. Since our guidelines clearly state that it is each poster's responsibility to help prevent forest fires, that includes not using derogatory terms to attack someone based on sexual orientation.

Posted by electrick_shocks on 03-26-08 at 02:49 AM
The truth is, Josh is playing a good game by having a secret alliance with Ryan and keeping Sharon under his thumb. He doesn't need to resort to name calling and bullying.

Posted by realitytvfan07 on 03-26-08 at 01:52 PM
By me estimation Josh is one of the weakest players. Sure he's yelled at a few people and he has definitely crossed some lines. What he did to Amanda was awful but to me she came out on top because she forgave him and ultimately he was not the reason she was evicted. She had annoyed everybody in the house so bad Josh didn't really need to do anything.

Josh is flying below the radar. He would be in the exact same position without his tirade's. His secret alliance with Ryan is a good move I guess but after this week I am not sure how much that "alliance" will help him.

Sharon is a moron that anybody could lead by the nose. As much as she claims she knows Matt was playing her I don't believe her. I saw that kiss and she was definitely kissing back. I don't think she really thought he was "playing". So having her under his thumb is no amazing feat.

Josh actually believes he is like ED from last season. I really don't see any comparison. Josh is a delusional idiot pure and simple. He doesn't realize that he hasn't been on the block because nobody really takes him seriously. And yet he thinks he is some major threat. Doesn't he realize that James is 10 times the player he is. Heck, Nat and Sheila are better players than he is.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 03-27-08 at 00:05 AM
I think Josh is mean-spirited person, but I also think he's playing a good game. He has a strong alliance around him (minus Chelsia now), but he doesn't relly just on that alliance to get ahead. He has a secret alliance with Ryan which seems to be working for him. He was also able to stay out of Adam's radar last week, even though Sheila and GNATalie were pressuring to get Josh nominated. He even managed to convince Sharon to pawn herself onto the nomination block. I think it was a risk that was worthwhile taking to ensure Chelsia's eviction. Even his paranoia is justified. If you start trusting your alliances too much, you're setting yourself up to be blindsided. Marcellas anyone? The only weakness I see in Josh's game are his temper tantrums. This could ultimatelly be his undoing, if he's not careful as the numbers continue to dwindle. Maybe he's trying to set himself up as the perfect final 2 candidate to go against. Whether his strategy pays off or not only time will tell. In the mean time, I think he's doing well in the game, temper tantrums aside.

Posted by vince3 on 03-26-08 at 04:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-08 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

My irritation with Josh is three-fold and all three parts were on display last night......

1. He said himself last night that he thinks he's the gay ED. He figures all of the verbal barrages that he's launched (most of which haven't made air, BTW) qualifies him to make that statement. ED himself said it basically last night: "I don't think so!" No, Josh you're just a loudmouth and a bully to only the women in the house. ED was an equal opportunity offender.... yes, he mostly targeted the girls, but Eric, Nick and Zack were also targets of ED's verbal rampages......

2. He is paranoid about being on the eviction block..... (with good reason, the way he's behaved.....) However, the instant he doesn't go on the block he morphs into #3......

3. Dr. Will wannabe, proclaiming his mastery over the house (while he's in the DR, BTW...) that he's the only hamster who hasn't been on the block yet.

On Sunday and Tuesday shows, he first goes into #2 worrying about being nominated, then when he manages to avoid being nominated, he switches to #3 and that may be even more irritating than his ED impersonations that mostly don't make the airwaves, mostly because they're too personal........

Posted by realitytvfan07 on 03-27-08 at 10:15 AM
ITA.

It amazes me when he does #3. He hasn't figured out yet that it takes more than not being nominated to be a mastermind...LOL

Josh..a BB Mastermind in his own mind...LMAO

"Joshuah fakes emotional breakdown to get sympathy votes."
Posted by Estee on 04-02-08 at 07:22 AM
Next week, Joshuah fakes a heartbeat to keep from being warded off as a empathetic zombie.

"He's gone! The evil is gone!"
Posted by Estee on 04-03-08 at 08:27 AM
Joshuah? You're not a good person. You're not a player. You're not a winner. You're just another jerk that no one could stand long enough to beat at F2.

See you on the outside.

"RE: He's gone! The evil is gone!"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-03-08 at 08:31 AM
I'd be happier, except Natalie is still around.

Josh is a good player. He's not a good person. His fatal crime as a player: Not watching his back. His fatal crime as a person: Well...you saw it.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Another Evel Dick wannabe.

Posted by mia rules18 on 04-03-08 at 12:25 PM
And what about his final (winded and rehearsed)exit speech?! He told Julie he wanted to go out with class unlike Chelsia... and Sheila thought it was great?!?! I thought it was extremely belittling and condescending towards the other HG's.

Posted by J Slice on 04-03-08 at 05:09 PM
It was indeed as fake as Monopoly money.

That Sheila fell for it speaks volumes.

All the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies. - Kurt Vonnegut

"The interview."
Posted by Estee on 05-08-08 at 03:15 PM
Basically, he got into the cast because he showed up intoxicated.

http://tinyurl.com/3r9sv6

Nice to know Amanda and her family have forgiven him. I haven't.