URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1211
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"wednesday night's results"

Posted by yankee fan on 02-24-05 at 02:18 PM
That was cruel!
The way they told those four that they were "out" was so mean-spirited, to trick them into thinking they're safe and blowing them away like that was not enjoyable to watch. I know all but one will go thru this at some time, but I never saw them do it in such a cruel manner before.
Totally disappointed in the show, judges, etc.
I don't blame those four for not really wanting to go off singing at the end.
Ryan Seacrest looked like an idiot, so did the judges!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: wednesday night's results"
Posted by lovwigglesworth on 02-24-05 at 02:46 PM
I agree the elimination nights are cruel. This season will be particularly harder I think because just about everyone is good, so good people are going to be cut. But it does have to be done and every one of them should prepare themselves for it. Even Anwar told Ryan he prepared himself should it be him, and we all know it wasn't going to be him.
They way they told Judd, though, I have to say was a little too far. I know they have to build up anticipation and make you think it might be someone else, but they really did let that whole row believe they were safe, so I think that was a little too far. Although he seemed to take his elimination with more class than any of the rest of them.
As for Melinda, I can't believe she was that shocked. Someone should never sing Celene, Mariah, or Whitney without being as good as them because a comparison cannot be helped. And if you are as good as them, you don't need this show. (my 2-cents anyway)
And I hope the hot latino guy gets a modeling job or something out of this. Q-T!

Posted by yankee fan on 02-25-05 at 02:08 PM
Good reply, I totally agree with you!

Posted by Blabbykathy on 02-26-05 at 11:22 PM
I agree. To make those other guys line up in two seperate lines on the stage and also make them think they were being eliminated wasn't good either. Then out of the blue these poor guys on the bench are blind sided with being voted off. I expect more out of this show than to do it that way.

Posted by seahorse on 02-27-05 at 02:43 AM
Fox will make subtle changes if they get enough complaints.
Obviously, there is no need to have a whole hour show to tell which person or persons were voted off. They are just trying to milk this show for as much as they can get out of it, since they don't have too many hit shows.

Hopefully they will cut the results show down to 1/2 hour down the line.

Handcrafted by RollDdice