URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1210
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Could it be possible..."

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-18-08 at 05:08 PM
...that the two dumbest moves in Big Brother history were pulled off in the exact same week?

Let's take a look at the possibilities here as well as the gold standard for boneheaded moves.

The gold standard, the benchmark, the move by which all other Big Brother boneheaded moves will be judged is, and may always be, Marcellas' stubborn refusal to use the Veto in season 3. Never mind that his stubborn refusal may not have mattered - it's still dumb. Mike's move last season, in which he made himself a target when he wasn't one, was also pretty dumb, perhaps even as bad as Marcellas' move.

But this season tops them both - maybe. We'll see how it shakes down, but it's looking pretty bad.

On one hand, we have Parker, who seems pretty level-headed. However, his plan to spill about Ryan and Jen's relationship to the entire house just to steal Allison's thunder was short-sighted and simply served to make him look like a jerk. Never mind that they thought they were undercutting Allison, whom they needed...they spilled a secret that wasn't going to be spilled and ended up rivaling Eric Cartman in sheer raw stupidity.

I'm reminded of the South Park episode in which Cartman took a picture of himself in a compromising position and got so paranoid that someone was going to steal it and show everyone that, when the picture went missing, he showed a copy of it to his entire class just to steal the potential thieves' thunder - and all the while, the hard-copy of the picture was under his desk at home. Parker has officially become the Eric Cartman of the house.

To make matters worse in the "brains" portion of the house, we have Allison, who, when faced with the opportunity to tell someone about the rrelationship between her partner and Jen, she, when faced with the option of telling or not telling, picks option C - tell everyone she's in a relationship with yet another person in the house.

Never mind the fact that she chose another female. She chose another female who's already in hot water. She and Sheila have made themselves targets and have made the ideal couple to evict Ryan and Allison. Good for Sheila, I suppose, since she stays in the house with Adam, who, despite her aversion to him, is well-liked. Bad for Allison, who bought what was either a bad idea or a total ruse hook, line, and sinker.

And this little story comes out after everyone swore on the Bible. So either they know the twosome is lying or they know that the twosome can't be trusted. In a house where trust is paramount and these people are far from being in control, this is bad news all the way.

Parker may have dug Ryan and Allison's graves along with his own, but with buying it, Allison jacked a backhoe, power-dug her grave, bought her coffin, carved her headstone, arranged her funeral, and called a hitman to kill her all in one week. About the only thing that can save them at this point is the POV, and in that case, it's probably Parker and Jen who are out, and Allison and Sheila can continue their little Chuck and Larry relationship right off a cliff.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Could it be possible..."
Posted by tribephyl on 02-18-08 at 07:08 PM
Without revealing much from the feeds, suffice it to say that Alison and Sheila's "move" to out themselves as lesbians is seen as a big joke. Everyone know's the two of them are lieing. The show didn't air it, but the ladies copped to the fakery shortly after they started it.
It doesn't stop the rumor mill from spinning, mind you. But the two of them are not as big of targets as one would expect from such a seemingly dunderheaded move.
Plus, the revelations of "other" secret pairs keep surfacing. James and Chelsia, Amanda and Matt, Josh and Neil, all have been accused of being in secret partnerships. So to pinpoint Alison and Sheila as the queens of dumb moves is a bit premature.

For now, Mike and Marcellas have nothing to worry about.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-19-08 at 08:51 AM
Hmph. St00pid BB for drumming up crap for those of us civilians who don't buy the Live Feeds.

Parker, on the other hand, has just made it very difficult for him to win the game. Assuming it's pairs, he and Jen have an awful lot to worry about.

Posted by realitytvwatcher on 02-19-08 at 10:45 AM
I truly believe that BB asked potential houseguests whether they had ever watched BB before. Those who answered "No" were apparently chosen. I was amazed on the first episode when the girl (don't remember her name) whose Ex walked in the door thought it was a good idea to tell someone. Hello! Anybody in there? This was before she even knew about the whole pairing up thing. Regardless of your past relationship, if you have someone you already know in the game, provided you can keep it a secret, you have better potential in moving further along.

Then we have the dating couple. How stupid can they be? Seriously, it would have been so much smarter of them to just keep their stupid mouths closed. So what if Parker wanted to put her boyfriend up. He is only 1/2 of their team. They had to agree and she should have tried to come up with a reason not to instead of freaking out and telling him the twist. And she says this is her game to play! She's a moron.

Then the boyfriend (sooner or later I'll get the names down)thinks it's in his best interest to tell his partner. Why? Is she going to find out and try to get rid of Parker and what's her name? Again, she is only 1/2 of the team so the boyfriend would have to agree.

Allison (finally remembered one) then gets mad that he is dating the beeotch. Okay, are you here to win $500,000 or are you here to fall in love? Seriously, she should have gotten over her little crush and reveled in the fact that they could be an alliance and it would work to her advantage. No instead she acts like a spoiled brat. Now I wouldn't want anyone to tell me how to play the game either but she should have stayed low for awhile before she acted like a diva.

The icing on the cake - Parker reveals to everyone. Yeah, smart move razzi guy. This isn't the Enquirer. You didn't need to get the story out before everyone else.

I really hope this all blows up in their face. But if I know BB they will add another twist in order to keep them alive. I imagine at some point during the game everyone will have to switch partners. Just a guess. We'll see.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-20-08 at 04:59 PM
So what if Parker wanted to put her boyfriend up. He is only 1/2 of their team. They had to agree and she should have tried to come up with a reason not to instead of freaking out and telling him the twist. And she says this is her game to play! She's a moron.

YUP! Now, I may be totally misremembering (I was more interested in fine tuning the BB drinking game than paying close attention), but didn't Jen promise Ryan that he and Allison would be totally safe if they gave Jen and Parker the Power Couple? If so, she could have simply told Parker that they can't be seen going back on a promise this early in the game. Stupid (gosh, I can't think of any word that won't get me banned).

Posted by JoshInSGV on 02-20-08 at 08:23 PM
Jen made that promise to Matt and Natalie. Ryan and Allison were fair game for eviction. Still, Jen could have come up with some other excuse to spare Ryan. She's an idiot with a serious case of diarrhea of the mouth.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-21-08 at 02:39 AM
My bad! I just can't be bothered enough to keep tract of who's who.

I am impressed tho' Just when I think I have seen the ultimate in bad game play, they do one better.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 02-20-08 at 08:29 PM
I don't think Sharon's indiscretion was that big of a blunder. When she saw Jacob walk in the house, she didn't know about the twist yet. It was obvious that their break up was messy and bitter. She was upset to see him there and spilled her guts to other houseguests. I don't think it was a huge issue at that point.

Once Sharon learned that she would be playing with Jacob, she did try to protect him. That's why she talked to Parker and tried to deflect the blame from Jacob to Ryan. Unfortunatelly for Sharon, she didn't count on Ryan being Jen's boyfriend. So far, I think Sharon is one of the few that seems to have an understanding of how to play this game and it's not getting sucked into the junior high antics of the other houseguests.

Posted by nazpink on 02-21-08 at 00:45 AM
Amen to that! Clearly those in charge of casting made a huge mistake when they decided to use Jen and Ryan as the "big twist" in this season's game. I can come up with a list of reasons or excuses that the woman could have used to divert Parker's attention away from Ryan, I think most anyone can. Sure, I'm not there, it isn't me having the experience but both Jen and Ryan should have thought it out on how they were going to protect each other the minute things went down in that house.

I also agree that it was a major idiotic move to spill the beans to the rest of the house. Then to top it off Jen and Ryan were kissing, cuddling, and acting all giggly...almost like tee hee we fooled you all. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb! Parker should have played the empathy card with Allison to ensure that he knew what she was thinking.

Then Alex and his whole jealousy bit. Wow, talk about busting out a bunch of drama there. Then of course his partner, Amanda, decides to make matters worse by egging him on some more. How about difusing the problem? Then to include other people into the drama, who didn't deserve to be put into it, was even more stupid.

The fact is, these people are weak players. They are drama queens and we should all buckle up and brace ourselves for the dumbest players BB has ever exposed us to. This season makes me want to miss last season, and that folks is just sad.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-19-08 at 05:56 PM
Hmph. St00pid BB for drumming up crap for those of us civilians who don't buy the Live Feeds.

Nah... stoopid hamsters for believing even for one second anything that comes out of either Alison's or Sheila's mouth.

And truthfully, I might have spoken too soon. It seems there are still a few ultra-dummies who believe that the hags are together.

Posted by cahaya on 02-19-08 at 08:05 PM
I forget which guy said it, but it went something like "Weak. We've got a lot of weak in this house."

Caged by Snidget

Posted by Blambo on 02-20-08 at 09:24 AM
Yes Colonel, you are correct...Stupidity has reached an all-time high on this show -- more so than previous casts and that is hard to beat.
And i am technically a "fan", in that I have sort of enjoyed BB the last couple of seasons...I don't know if I am actually going to make it through this one...I don't mind the "love to hate" characters of the past, but these characters are not interesting enough to "love to hate"...
The "Ryan and Jen" relationship is the most annoying thing I have ever seen on television.
"We have a secret that is going to give us an advantage in this game! shhhh!"
Fast forward 13 hours...."OMG I have to tell someone this secret!!"
Then from there they just proceeded to make every dumb move they could possibly make, and even the slight consideration that they would not be huge targets is assinine. Although, given the IQ of the rest of the housemates they may still have a chance. And somehow watching them suck face with each other is worse than your average showmance.
They were worried about loyalty concerns (scoff) -- truly the other housemates shouldn't worry, those two obviously can't keep a secret to save themselves so any "strategy" should be pretty transparent!
Other notable moments - the hamster cube conspiracy theory and Alex's uncontrollable jealousy after knowing someone for 46 hours.

Posted by jase on 02-20-08 at 09:49 PM
Just when you think you've seen and heard it all; they (as a group or individually) sink to new lows as human beings almost hourly that if you were not watching/reading what's happening, you wouldn't believe it.