URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1210
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"From the "HORSES" mouth..."

Posted by LIZZLOVER on 04-09-01 at 06:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-01 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

Here's a teaser/spolier from the horses mouth himself (aka MB). It's a snippet from Access Hollywood concerning the horses and Rodger coming up on Ep 11.

Take it for what it's worth. I mean it is coming from the Satan himself. If this has been posted, please forgive me. I hadn't had time to scan through them all yet.

http://www.survivorfever.net/AH-MB1.rm

Edit: Do we really think he would give us all a break and let us know that something with Rodger/Horse really takes place (meaning the fall ) Or, is he just getting the speculation flying around again? At this point, I can't tell anymore. He's one tricky S.O.B.! For example, why even go through the effort of "doctoring" the preview to appear as if it was filmed at night?

Lizz Just Is

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Hi, Mark!"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 04-09-01 at 07:10 PM
Mark, if you're reading this, hello! Congratulations on your success. It's nice that you're so familiar with these spoiler boards that you know the "Rodger falls off a horse" story. But you denied any knowledge of the "Michael gets burned" story until we actually saw it happen. Why acknowledge this one? The only reason I can think of is that, unlike Michael getting burned, there is no truth to it. Could that be the reason, Mark?

"Wierd Feeling..."
Posted by IceCat on 04-09-01 at 07:49 PM
Heh heh...

I just had a wierd feeling when Ayak just 'spoke' to MB...

It was just like when an actor talks to the camera during a movie. Like in 'Ferris Beuller's Day Off'.

I dunno why I am even making note of this...

Just curious if anyone else had the same feeling.

"RE: Wierd Feeling..."
Posted by LIZZLOVER on 04-09-01 at 07:54 PM
Uhhhh...No, but I would like you to pass the grass, though!

Posted by IceCat on 04-09-01 at 08:07 PM
Sheesh...

One comment about smoking bamboo and everyone thinks that you are a stoner... lol

Posted by LIZZLOVER on 04-09-01 at 08:17 PM
You have to admit though...your one comment (story) involving the Sea Faring Kangaroos was pretty compelling evidence!!

Lizz Just Is

"Not so weird"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 04-09-01 at 09:05 PM
I don't think Mark Burnett actually surfs the Web himself. I expect that he has a "clip" service that gives him Web highlights. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had asked them to see what kind of reaction his "Rodger -- horses" link was generating. So I thought we should give them something directed straight to Mark to include in the daily clips.

"Nope... It's me who was wierd"
Posted by IceCat on 04-09-01 at 09:11 PM
I could see what you were doing...

Good idea! Let the evil one's minions know that we are onto 'em!

I just must have just gotten into some bad bamboo...

"RE: Not so weird"
Posted by LIZZLOVER on 04-09-01 at 09:13 PM
I agree, AK. I wasn't trying to stir up sh*t, or "beat a dead horse" , I was simply throwing it out there for others that didn't get a chance to see it. MB may screw with us this time, since others unearthed the "burn incident" for a fact.

Maybe he's throwing us a bone this time, though I find it very unlikely. Hey, it's new, and let's face it, we don'thave alot to go on this week. I personally am picking Colby this week, regardless of this interview.

Lizz Just Is

Posted by MadforMadDog on 04-09-01 at 09:14 PM
Wow, Man! For some reason I am craving a meatball sub.

Posted by MadforMadDog on 04-09-01 at 09:13 PM
OMG <click>

"RE: Weird Feeling..."
Posted by dangerkitty on 04-09-01 at 09:47 PM
I know why, IceCat...

It is because you ARE Mark Burnett! It felt "weird" because you were being spoken to directly! Bwahahahahahha!

BTW, is "wierd" the Australian spelling for "weird"?

dangerkitty

w.l.s.f.c.

Posted by IceCat on 04-09-01 at 09:52 PM
Ahem...

No...

I was attempting to spell wired...

Um...

Yeah, that's it... wired!

I smell meat ball subs...

Posted by landruajm on 04-10-01 at 09:41 AM
No, no, that's not meatball subs. It's @ss.

"RE: From the "HORSES" mouth..."
Posted by Rudyrox on 04-10-01 at 02:45 AM
I find this VERY strange. First of all MB doesn't like to give away ANYTHING! Why throw us this bone now? This "kind of" makes me think Roger is safe this week. BUT-

Assuming it's true, and Roger does get injured enough to be taken away even for a little while.. why is there NO mention of it in the previews? My fear (which is opposite of my thinking Roger is safe just a moment ago) is they are not previewing it because it would make figuring out this weeks victim too easy. Roger.

If you can't already tell I'm very confused about this episode. I don't want Roger booted.

Mary

Posted by wendyp on 04-10-01 at 09:59 AM
Could it possibly be that Roger win the RC and it has something where he has to ride a horse to get to whatever the RC prize is?? This is a long shot, but they do make a comment that all but one see the destruction of their shelter. Could Roger actually win and is off on the reward while it happens?

Posted by annadad2 on 04-10-01 at 10:23 AM
In the preview, Roger asks "where was the rice?" If he was there, wouldn't he know where the rice was? If you are right and Rodger wins the RC and is gone when the flood carries away the rice, then the tape of him asking where the rice was had to have been taken after his return. In that shot, Rodger certainly doesn't look hurt at all. It wouldn't be a wild assumption to conclude that Rodger wins the RC and then the others return to camp to find it flooded and the rice gone. Rodger then returns unhurt to camp after getting his reward and learns that the rice is gone. Hoping they can track it down, he asks where the rice was. They then walk the river banks hoping to find the rice hung up in some riverside branches. They find it or something else of value and Colby, Keith and Rodger try to get it back which is why the preview text refers to more than one hero ("heroic efforts of some survivors, who will they be?").

Now to get good and paranoid: MB senses the show is losing excitement big time since Jerri is gone and the voting returns to following tribal loyalties. While our intrepid survivors are unwittingly distracted trying to win a reward challenge, MB's henchman go to the Barramundi camp and toss the rice can into the rising river waters. The previews show the rice can floating away but nothing else so we can't yet be sure that the camp itself is flooded. Our heroes return to camp and the drama begins as they frantically search for the missing rice.
MB cackles as the ratings soar.

"Am I insane or am I so sane that it's blowing your mind?"
-------Kramer-----

Posted by desert_rhino on 04-10-01 at 10:33 AM
...and OF COURSE we know Mark Burnett and company would NEVER go a good hike upstream and use a backhoe to redirect part of the Herbert into a certain dry creekbed....

-- JV

Posted by dabo on 04-11-01 at 02:28 AM
Yeah, wendy, that is a possibility. Here's a story for you...

In the week leading up to Mike's evacuation there were some guys in the Yahoo boards convinced that Rodger was going to break his neck falling off a horse, what I mean is they were really consistant about promoting that idea. I got so fed up with one of them that I pointed out that the horse rumor didn't fit the facts because whatever happened would be at the Kucha camp but there didn't seem like any way any of the contestants would even be on a horse unless it involved a challenge. Well, no sooner had Mike flamed his fingers than the Marco Polo Pony Challenge story started making the rounds, stupid as it was. I was considering, just considering mind you, floating the suggestion that the horse ride might be part of a reward, say up to a hunting cabin on a nearby mountain for a night, but decided against that because it was in the realm of possibility; let the dumb hoaxers think up their own gobbledygook, if they had brains their stories would at least make a pretence of some sense.

Anyway, Mark Burnett, if you're reading this, thank you for playing the horse angle to grab ratings this week; whatever happens you have probably succeeded in killing the damn horse rumor after this and I was beginning to think that would never happen no matter what!

Posted by cass12 on 04-10-01 at 10:29 AM
I just figures that my computer is not letting me view the clip. Can someone give a breif recap of what MB said.....

Posted by Siebured on 04-10-01 at 01:22 PM
I secretly hope it's Colby that falls off the horse.

Just think what Shakes could do with that!