URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 121
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TV-Guide finale close-up !!!!!"

Posted by katem on 09-16-02 at 08:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-02 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

The September 21-27 TV-Guide does a close-up of the BB finale, this is it:

=============================
Big Brother 3 (cc)
Wed. 9PM

And the winner is... The $500,000 winner is chosen as the reality series closes out its third season.
At press time, five contestants (Amy, Danielle, Jason, Lisa, Marcellas) remained ensconced in the house. Three more have been voted out since then, leaving only two houseguests on the 82nd and final day of confinement. Executive producer Arnold Shapiro promises the finale "will have the spirit of reunion" as the 10 players who were previously evicted return to form the jury that will select the grand-prize winner. (If a tie should occur, votes cast by viewers the previous week will determine the outcome.) After the vote, the champion and the runner-up leave the house to be interviewed by host Julie Chen. (Live; 1:00)

=============================

The interesting thing about this is, that the public might have a say in the final outcome. Unlikely as it is, it is still an interesting twist.

I believe this is how it was going to be for BB2 until, Justin was thrown out, plans changed. I do remember reading somewhere last year, that the public would have a say in the outcome, but it never came to be.

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TV-Guide finale close-up !!!!!"
Posted by travelingbetty on 09-16-02 at 09:23 PM
I believe this is how it was going to be for BB2 until, Justin was thrown out, plans changed. I do remember reading somewhere last year, that the public would have a say in the outcome, but it never came to be.

I think you are right. However, I think that the fact that last year's final came so soon after 9/11, it was fortunate that they didn't have to take it to a public that was WTF, who cares. It seemed as though CBS just wanted to get the thing over with and spring the remaining hamsters.

"RE: TV-Guide finale close-up !!!!!"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 09-17-02 at 06:16 AM
According to the rules, and what occurred on BB2 last year:

The ten evictees will vote.

Each of the finalists may nullify one person's vote (in BB2 Will nullified Bunky's vote (which was for Nicole) and Nicole nullified Shannon's vote (which was for Will)).

Then the rest of the votes are revealed. The winner is the person with the most votes.

In the event of a tie, the vote of the American People determines the winner.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged