URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1209
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"STOP WITH THE STEVIE WONDER SONGS!"

Posted by Purrl on 02-23-05 at 05:56 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of all the Stevie Wonder songs on AI this season. No offense Stevie, but I have a limit on how many times I can listen to Isn't She Lovely in the span of an hour - or an entire day for that matter.

Alright contestants, expand your repoertoire! With all the songs in the last 30 years or more, and all the different genres - LOOK AT ALL THE POSSIBLITIES.

If this season is going to be the Celine Deion and Stevie Wonder hit parade...I won't be watching for long.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: STOP WITH THE STEVIE WONDER SONGS!"
Posted by seahorse on 02-23-05 at 06:30 PM
Well one of the problems is the contestants are limited in which songs they can sing due to royalty and licsinsing agreements.

The probllem with Stevie, Celine etc. is that the songs are not usually upbeat.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Smooth23 on 02-24-05 at 07:20 PM
They're limited, but they're not THAT limited.

Posted by seahorse on 02-27-05 at 02:27 PM
Just wait till thsy get to the theme nights or single artist nights, that's when they are really limited.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by stresssfreee on 02-26-05 at 00:46 AM
There are songs/artists that are just popular, and I agree the contestants should stay away from them. But I think they got the message when the judges stressed the fact that most of the contestants took the "safe" route.

Posted by suziekay on 02-27-05 at 04:37 AM
Do thise contestants ever check with each other to see who is singing what? At lest when they are givin a genra there is some varity. I'm tired to the same old songs too. There has to be a book out there with different music they can use. For haven sakes I'm already ready to start taping the shows so I can just fast forward threw the boring stuff. That's what I did last year. Some of them I just could stand to listen too.