URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1206
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."

Posted by ginger on 02-23-05 at 02:59 PM
You know, the judges say it every year, because they pretty much have to, but I honestly think this year's talent pool IS deeper, both male and female, than the past three seasons. I did not have so many moments of true physical pain last night.

Pollyanna Moi.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
Posted by Ricky on 02-23-05 at 03:05 PM
I think the guys are better than in previous seasons. I don't know about the girls yet. To me there doesn't seem to be a trio of girls better than Fantasia/Diana/Jennifer Hudson - but it's still early.

Posted by badger on 02-23-05 at 07:23 PM
i agree. i think two-thirds of the male semi-finalists were good (bo, mario, anwar, clay-wannabe, constanteeny-booper, and churchboy), and only about a third of the female semi-finalists (aloha, carrie, and ... ok maybe less than a third of the girls).

Posted by tig_ger on 02-23-05 at 07:34 PM
If you ask me, this final 24 is better than any previous years final 12.

IMHO, many previous finalists would have never made it as a finalist had they been competing against these people. Off the top of my head, these are the ones who I think would have never made it...

Justin Guarini (1)
Jim Verranos (1)
EJay Day (1)
AJ Gil (1)
RJ Helton (1)
Carmen Rasmusen (2)
Julia DeMato (2)
Rickey Smith (2)
John Stevens (3)
Camile Velasco (3)
Leah LaBelle (3)
Matthew Rogers (3)

A Syren Original

Posted by badger on 02-23-05 at 08:01 PM
*shudders at that list*

"Oh dear."
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 02-24-05 at 12:46 PM
My. poor. ears. The thought of all of them in erm, harmony made my ears bleed.

This season is really good though...

Posted by grit on 02-24-05 at 09:20 AM
This year's semi-finalists are light-years ahead of the previous seasons' finalists. My eardrums barely bled Monday and Tuesday. There were a few clinkers but overall not too bad. Compare that to Season 1's finalists - Jim, AJ, Nikki, Ryan, to name a few - who made me cringe every time they sang. And, remember, these people were the finalists!

This should be a much better season. I'm just mad that they moved the Wednesday show to 9:00 - right opposite Alias and The West Wing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by badger on 02-24-05 at 09:56 AM
the wednesday night shows are rarely worth watching (particularly at this stage). just check here, see who's gone, and merrily watch your regularly scheduled programming

Posted by Spidey on 02-24-05 at 03:37 PM
Agree.

Then I can actually avoid feeling sorry for them for the way they are booted. Cuz I *hate* having empathy for reality tv contestant.