URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 1203
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Anyone hear about the cast yet"

Posted by jd8855 on 01-23-08 at 04:46 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone heard if/and or when they are releasing the names of the cast this season?
I am so happy they are bringing it back for the winter it was going to be brutal with the writer's strike so it's going to be perfect. I hope they have some super fun characters on it this year.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Anyone hear about the cast yet"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-23-08 at 06:32 PM
Hiya, jd, welcome to RTVW.
The BB producers usually reveal the cast members a week before the show starts. Just as they place the contestants into sequester.
Then a couple days before the first show, they let the contestants into the house.
Seeing as how the show doesn't start until Feb 18th, I imagine that the producers will continue to hold their "secrets" until the 9th or so.

Posted by jd8855 on 01-23-08 at 11:38 PM
Oh thanks I thought maybe some one would have some spoilers as to who it may be..!!! oh well I guess i will have to wait. I like to judge and try to get a good hate on for one contestant at least a few weeks before.. LOL let the countdown begin..

Posted by bdemoney on 01-30-08 at 08:30 PM
Well, just as Tribe stated earlier the cast will be announced a week before the show starts. The show starts in less than two weeks now, and according to the article I read the contestants will be announced eight days before the start of the show on the Early Show.

Here is part of the article: "Roughly eight days before the start of the show it is rumored that we’ll get the casting revealed to us by Julie Chen on The Early Show. That would sync up perfectly with Season 8 when we got the news eight days before the season premiere. But even before that big news bomb we should get the usual house tour, providing even more insight to the theme. Speaking of that theme, I’ve been hearing some very interesting speculation on just how that “dirty little secret” angle could work its way into this season. Check out Reality TV Spoiler’s discussion on that for what seems like a very credible idea regarding borrowing from a French reality show."

To read the entire article go to: http://www.wildbluffmedia.com/2008/01/29/big-brother-9-launches-in-2-weeks-what-to-expect-when/

Posted by tribephyl on 01-31-08 at 03:34 AM
Here's a link to the french show "SecretStory" via wiki. Which some are thinking may be the general theme of this seasons BigBrother.

Here's the best part.
Each contestant has to conceal a secret. Everyone else has to try and discover it. If a contestant does, that contestant wins the jackpot of the contestant whose secret they have guessed. Each secret is worth €10,000.

Sounds plausible to me.
14 people all with a secret.
I'm hoping they're a little more obvious then "I am really really shy person, normally".
And I'm 99.99% sure we'll see a trans-op M to F, as a houseguest this season.

Something else to think about...if no one finds out about a HG's secret and that HG is evicted, does the evictee collect the money from their secret? Or is it only a prize if you find out about someone elses secret?

Could this "twist" actually encourage people to not only wish for themselves to be out of the game, (In order to collect their "secret" prize money.) but to also target those who have made a correct guess of another HG's secret. (You've got your money, now go.)

Regardless, it sounds to be both controversial and brain-numbing to me. Both qualities I find strangely appealing for BB.

Posted by bdemoney on 01-31-08 at 06:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-08 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

I think this year's twist is going to be exciting!

In regards to:
Could this "twist" actually encourage people to not only wish for themselves to be out of the game, (In order to collect their "secret" prize money.) but to also target those who have made a correct guess of another HG's secret. (You've got your money, now go.)

Tribe, If your assumptions are correct we could definitely end up with a dynamic we've never had before. People trying to get voted out, not cuz the place is driving them crazy, but to try and score some cash. Interesting...

As for this comment:
And I'm 99.99% sure we'll see a trans-op M to F, as a houseguest this season.

I hope they all think twice before hooking up with someone inside the house. Since who knows what they'll end up finding out about them later on!

Posted by tribephyl on 01-31-08 at 10:34 PM
I hope all of them think twice before hooking up with someone inside the house.

Yes. For their sake.

But for my entertainment, I'm hoping BigBrother offers lots and lots of alcohol.

"Cast reveal: Feb 6"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-02-08 at 08:23 PM
From TVGrapevine

It has been announced that Julie Chen will be announcing the House Guests for Big brother 9 on the CBS Early show on Wednesday, February 6th between 7am and 9 am Eastern Standard time.

"RE: Cast reveal: Feb 6"
Posted by jd8855 on 02-03-08 at 03:16 PM
Oh I can't wait.. It will be interesting if they have to keep a secret although America's player has done it.. If they have a trans- op and someone makes out with them that would hallarious although probably on the dangerous side if someone found out.. Now here is the question do we know the secrets that they are keeping? It should be interesting and the extra money should add a twist to the game for example what if someone guesses more than one secret etc.. you could have a situation where someone wins 20-30K or more that would definitely change the dynamic of the game. I can't wait to see the cast though only a few more days.

Posted by bdemoney on 02-03-08 at 04:04 PM
Well we may not know the cast members yet (or their dirty little secrets) but we do now know more about some changes in the BB house for this upcoming season: (from an article I read)

So, here's what we know about the new Big Brother house, which has apparently been changed dramatically to encompass a more winter-y theme:

-It's all very colorful.

-The living room and the kitchen have been turned into a log cabin-type area. Bunch of logs and stones and whatnot.

-The Diary Room has a real tree in it.

-The living room has a big, circular couch.

-The HoH room has a surfer theme.

-The bedrooms have individual spaces designed for alone time.

-The backyard now has a fire pit and the pool is heated.

The article also states that "it has been confirmed that Big Brother 9 will indeed be a full season, going all the way into late April or early May."

If you'd like to read the whole article check it out at: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/big-brother-9-house-details-le-16303.aspx

Posted by jd8855 on 02-03-08 at 05:06 PM
OH it sounds so nice. I am so glad it's a full season.. I love this three months of choas.. we'll see how it pans out. I am sure that the houseguests will take advanatage of the heated pool they probably have it heated due to the time of year.

But either way should be good.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-03-08 at 11:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-08 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

* -It's all very colorful.
Like never before? *eyeroll*

* -The living room and the kitchen have been turned into a log cabin-type area. Bunch of logs and stones and whatnot.
This sounds fun. From a veiwers perspective. I imagine that sitting on a rock for dinner won't be that much fun for the hamsters after too long.

* -The Diary Room has a real tree in it.
Just in case someone want's to climb out?
Or is it for secretly introducing a nursery of racoons into the house? *rubs hands together*

* -The living room has a big, circular couch.
Big, circular, and ... made of stone. LOI

* -The HoH room has a surfer theme.
Probably the only room with a heater in it too, if the producers were feeling particularly evil this season.

* -The bedrooms have individual spaces designed for alone time.
Huh? Wha for? For "alone" time? Or alone with someone else time? Personal JackShack? Or bedside Amber-inspired crumble and sob zone?

* -The backyard now has a fire pit and the pool is heated.
There's good and bad with both of these.
And despite most folks thoughts, California is not the hottest place in the winter. Even in the valley.
Both the firepit and the heated pool will be necessary to get the hamsters to go outside. Yet, heated pools, in chilly weather, trigger urinary sensations and rather then leave through the cold, it might be easier to... you know.
And Firepits? Well, don't add any alcohol. The two of them together is a recipe for disaster. *more hand rubbing*

I can't wait!

Edited to reflect the real name for a group of raccoons. And frankly, "nursery", the word, scares the carp out of me.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-05-08 at 04:56 AM
Has anyone heard the new promo touting 16 houseguests?
2 more than there were a week ago.

How many secrets did they find? LOI
How long will this thing go on?
Could some of them be twins/triplets?
If a hamster has a penis and boobs, does that count as two HGs?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Posted by bdemoney on 02-05-08 at 09:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-08 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

I just watched a CBS promo commercial that claimed BB9 will have a "soulmate" twist.

It even stated that people could end up being voted out as a pair possibly. Check the article and video clip out at: http://www.wildbluffmedia.com/2008/02/05/big-brother-9-twist-revealed-soulmates-really/

Edited to add:

I did just read that there will be 16 contestants, Tribe. At least by tomorrow we will know who they are.

According to the article: "Tomorrow morning, at some point between 7am and 9am on CBS's The Early Show, Julie Chen will announce the full sixteen member cast of Big Brother 9. It was originally thought that the show would only feature fourteen house guests, but recent CBS advertisements have increased that number to sixteen."

Here's the whole article, located at: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/big-brother-9-cast-to-be-annou-16376.aspx

I am excited for the cast announcement tomorrow!

Posted by tribephyl on 02-06-08 at 03:28 AM
Soulmate, huh?

Here's my soulmate...