URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 120
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is Lisa for real or we all being "had"?"

Posted by arkay on 10-02-01 at 10:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-01 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

The more I think of how obvious Lisa was in getting Greg the ax in episode 3, the more I am beginning to think that noone could be so stupid than to act like that on national TV, even assuming that the ratings would be pretty low.

I have also thought about Adrian's mystery person who said that Jeannette said he was a "dead beat dad". To my knowledge, that person has not been identified. Does anyone even think that was NOT Lisa who spread that rumor? Not that Adrian deserves a lot of sympathy or empathy because, right or wrong, he dissed all of the women to their face when he had that Switch Card so he deserves whatever he gets.

Everything about Lisa we know now seems to be suspect. That whole nonsense about her growing up being teased about being ugly, in hindsight sounds even fishier than before. Now it appears that she will be the focus of tonight's episode as well. Obviously, SHE has been the hot topic on the message boards.

If she does her nasty act again tonight and does NOT get kicked off, then I will be sure that she is a plant and her actions are being scripted to some degree to try to generate ratings. Even if she is axed tonight, she will have been on the show for four episodes which the producers may feel will have been long enough to help the ratings which they had to know going in were going to be in trouble.

Does this make sense to anyone else out there as well?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Is Lisa for real or we all being "had"?"
Posted by true on 10-02-01 at 10:58 AM
>>>>I have also thought about Adrian's mystery person who said that Jeannette said he was a "dead beat dad". To my knowledge, that person has not been identified. Does anyone even think that was NOT Lisa who spread that rumor?

Ummm..NO. I think it was Michael. He was paired with Jeanette in episode 2. And we all know how evil he is.

>>>>If she does her nasty act again tonight and does NOT get kicked off, then I will be sure that she is a plant and her actions are being scripted to some degree to try to generate ratings.

Plant? NO...I think it is her strategy. It is a game after all. She will be protected by her alliance with the "chessmaster".

Alliances play a major part in these games, and none have been revealed to the audience...YET.

true

"Call the neighbors!! Wake the kids!!!"
Posted by VampKira on 10-02-01 at 11:46 AM
>>Ummm..NO. I think it was Michael. He was paired with Jeanette in episode 2. And we all know how evil he is.<<

Ummmmm, indeed we do...I just happen to have a snapshot of him right after one of his famous S2 "Spoiler flames" on SB!

"The trick is to keep breathing...." - Garbage

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska!

Posted by supershirll on 10-02-01 at 11:08 AM
I'm beginning to think she is the Mole... oops, sorry, wrong show.

I just don't like people like Lisa, whether they are doing it as a part of the game or are like that in their everyday lives. But, I do find myself wondering if she (like Mike in BB2) is trying to spice things up to make the show more interesting. Maybe she secretly wants to be a "star".

Posted by thecaptain on 10-02-01 at 11:57 AM
If she wants to be a star, she picked the wrong show, lol.

Posted by runawaymt on 10-02-01 at 11:54 AM
I also don't like people like Lisa. I don't like people who beg for compliments by acting like a victim. And I especially can't stand anyone who plays the sympathy card to manipulate people. She's a contrast in extremes, first showing off her massive ego to the camera ("I'm a successful woman and used to a particular lifestyle...") then shamelessly acting insecure to everybody on the boat. Whether or not she's putting on an act, it's the kind of behavior that would exhaust me. To me it seems obvious she thinks she's above everybody, and her need to gossip about everyone just shows what a schemer she is. Did you see her drop dead expression when Toni burst into tears as Greg boarded the boat for Aruba? That's what I call a fake, cold-hearted woman. Andrea seems to be the only person who doesn't buy into her needy act - her comments in the confessional booth made it clear she has no sympathy left for Lisa. Go Andrea!

I suspect Lisa was a theatre nerd in high school. Too bad it still shows, considering she's in her mid-thirties.

Posted by George Tirebiter on 10-02-01 at 01:49 PM
I don't know if her tactics will catch up to her tonight or in Ep. 5--but I'm in agreement here. The whiny, needy act was tiresome from the start, but what really had me sit up and take notice was when she was flirting with Greg in the water. . . She tells him how "kissable" the guys are--and how he's the most intimidatingly hot of them all (and just watch her body language. . .)--and then she tries to work the crowd with stories of how he's making advances on HER? Something was just not right there. . . and at that point, I found myself questioning her motivation in everything she did--all that hand-holding with Adrian, etc.

This girl thinks she has a strategy--but unfortunately, she's not CLEVER enough to pull it off, just b¡tchy. I think it will come back to bite her in the arse tonight--or next episode, at the latest. The sure sign for me that her end is near? When I realized that the "malicious" speech from TattooBoy was NOT directed at shakes, but most likely at HER! Woo-hoo! You go, Aristotle!

GT

Posted by arkay on 10-02-01 at 03:40 PM
Doesn't look like too many people out there are buying my "Lisa the mole" theory.

I agree with the possibility raised that it was Michael who stuck it Jeannette with the "dead beat dad" rumor although that still smells like Lisa to me.

Even if you accept the fact that Lisa is coming at this from the fairly cold-blooded perspective of a game-player, out to win at all costs, she couldn't be doing a worse job of it. Is she really THAT stupid? I prefer to stay with the idea that she is playing a role designed to try and bump the ratings.

The only other "reality" shows I have seen are "Survivor 2" and "Temptation Island". "Temptation Island" was pretty much of a joke. However, the fact that nobody split up tells me that the outcome was not necessarily planned ahead of time. I can't imagine the producers hoping that all the couples would stay together.

As far as "S2" goes, the only thing that bothered me about that was that the guy chose Tina instead of Keith to be in the finals with him. Choosing Keith would have GUARANTEED him of winning the million. I did hear that he won $500,000 for finishing second, however. If so, that may explain things a bit. It was probably worth it to him to keep Keith from winning half a million!

Posted by samiam on 10-02-01 at 04:00 PM
$100K. Just for the record.

Posted by arkay on 10-02-01 at 04:22 PM
Thanks for the corrected info. That does seem more like it. Were you aware that second place got ANY money before the end of Survivor 2? I certainly was not. All along, they touted it as a "winner take all" for the million.

Do you know if Kelly got $100K for being second to Richard in S1?

"RE: survivor winnings"
Posted by janisella on 10-02-01 at 04:46 PM
Obviously you resided in a cave for the duration of the first two Survivors. Yes Kelly got 100G for 2nd place. It was even announced before the final vote - that one person would be leaving with $100,000 and the other would be leaving with $1,000,000 and a car. If you check the SB archives, the winnings for places 1-16 are posted in quite a few places. They weren't a secret.

Posted by arkay on 10-02-01 at 05:10 PM
How "kind" of you to point out the fact about Kelly. I did not watch so much of a second of Survivor 1 and have only heard about it after the fact.

As far as S2 goes, I did not see the very beginning of the final episode and I would be very surprised if the other prize money was mentioned anytime before that, except possibly on the net.

Oh, by the way Janisella ... UP YOURS!

Posted by desert_rhino on 10-03-01 at 09:45 AM
You know that personal attacks can get you punted around here, right? Just thought I'd let you know before you found out on your own.

And Janisella wasn't the first or last to think you musta spent the last 2 years under a rock. Hell, even *I*, a well-known "rhino," who just bulls in, makes my presence known, and THEN starts researching, had discovered the BASICS of the game before signing on here. And *I* live under a HUGE rock, called "the Granite State."

-- JV

"What rage for fame attends both great and small!
Better be damned than mentioned not at all." --John Wolcot (1738–1819)

Posted by arkay on 10-03-01 at 10:09 AM
Good riddance to Lisa. If ever someone got what was coming, she got hers last night. As for Adrian, I expected it but I still would rather have seen Anthony bite the bullet. The fact that Toni would not use the Switch Card on Adrian's behalf, after having either implied or even directly said that she would, tells a lot about her as well.

P.S. To consider Janisella's comments to me as "not" representing a personal attack only demonstrates how blind we can be to the meaning of some words, and of how other words simply press the hot button right away.

I absolutely prefer to refrain from negativity but, at least if I am pushed, I don't mince words.

A lot of people would be thinking that we have ALL been living under a rock by the fact that we know so much stuff about these so-called reality shows, anyway. For my part, if I would have known about the second place money, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

Posted by MicowOverboard on 10-03-01 at 11:03 AM
"I did hear that he won $500,000 for finishing second, however."

"All along they touted it as a winner take all for the million."

Arkay,

While I found Janisella's remarks a little harsh, I don't think they were a personal attack. My two quotes from your postings illustrate that you posted wrong information to begin with, the stuff that perpetuates Internet hoaxes and false rumors. No trustworthy source ever indicated that Colby won $500,000 for finishing second, and Survivor 1 was not touted as a winner take all show. If you had simply asked the question about how much 2nd place took in Survivor 1 and 2, you would have been blameless, but the fact that you posted pure speculation about an event which has already taken place and could easily have been researched (as opposed to the speculatation here about the outcome of Love Cruise, for instance, which cannot be confirmed), set you up for criticism and harsh remarks. I would suggest that you let Janisella's post slide, and in the future be careful not to post false information.

Posted by indentureman on 10-02-01 at 05:28 PM
First post here! can't help but reveal that with Lisa, WYSIWYG...from personal experience with the divine miss L in her 'successful business woman' role

Not a scripted ploy...the behavior you see is scary-real

Posted by supershirll on 10-03-01 at 02:12 AM
Wow, you know her? I really dislike her, and am glad that she is off the boat. Is she a big gossip all the time? I can't stand being around people like that! Is she really so needy? so shallow?

Posted by indentureman on 10-03-01 at 09:52 AM
We knock into each other once in awhile and it's usually unpleasant. Egotist, self-promoter, and solipsistic* are a few fitting descriptors. We aren't close enough to share gossip so can't comment. Very shallow/very needy (her ego is actually healthy, BUT an ego of this magnitude needs constant care and feeding to, god help us, grow)...

Witness, brothers and sisters, the fact that even when she's booted she's still spinning to herself that the reason for her demise is that michael is secretly in love with her and is crushed by her rejection of him... and the obvious attention-seeking drama over a coupla kisses. In her mind, Michael, Greg, and Anthony all want her...and bad.

Anyhow, she's gone now and you are free of her! (more than I can say)

Posted by Kramer on 10-02-01 at 08:35 PM
I think vengence was her motivation for what she did to Toni and Greg. Not only did she come on to Greg in the water by telling him that he was kissable and intimidatingly hot, but at dinner, when Toni got up and left the table and said Goodnight, Lisa looked at Greg (and dont laugh too hard) but she had the definite look of wanting him...hoping he would stay there and spend time with her. Instead, Greg got up and went back to his room with Toni and at that moment, Lisa's look completely changed to one of utter rejection and disbelief. It was at that moment that I believe she vowed to get Greg kicked off the boat because in her convoluted little pea brain she felt that by following Toni, Greg had somehow betrayed Lisa. I believe that Lisa is psycho and her behaviors reflect that.

If I were Micow, I would throw that "Titanic Swim Team" tshirt onto Lisa and tell her to "get a clue" and toss her overboard.

Kramer

Posted by Circe on 10-02-01 at 06:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-01 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-02-01 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

>
>I suspect Lisa was a theatre
>nerd in high school.
>Too bad it still shows,
>considering she's in her mid-thirties.
>

I had an experience with a gal like that you described in High School. She'd be as sweet and protective to me. Then behind my back, she'd say wicked things and act all vulnerable and innocent to my then boyfriend (now husband). Thank God my hubby saw through that!
...I just hope the casts sees through that too ( I know Shake has!! Woo hoo!)

~~Beware of Greeks (and a gal named Lisa) bearing gifts~~

Posted by ginger on 10-02-01 at 04:00 PM
Lisa is manipulative, passive aggressive, etc. but who says ANYONE made the deadbeat dad comment? From whom (which guy) did Adrian hear the comment had ever been made?
So far, Anthony has been the Puppetmaster; got rid of whathisname in episode 1 and Laura, after she dumped him, in Ep. 3. Note he was the first to voice his vote for ejection and all the guys listened like he was E.F. Hutton. He might have made up the "deadbeat dad" comment if only to stir the pot. He'd be smart enought to see the phrase would push a lot of buttons for an already defensive lone black guy surrounded by high fivin' yuplets...

Posted by arkay on 10-02-01 at 04:20 PM
I don't think that Adrian made up the fact that he heard that someone called him a dead beat dad, so someone must have told him. It may well have been a guy and I would not put it past Anthony. He is one sleazy SOB.

There are scuzballs enough to go around this group and Lisa is not the only one. However, she has at least seemed to be the most blatant and the most inept and cold-blooded of them so far.

I still think that unless one of them gets the Switch Card, Adrian and Lisa will be gone tonight. However, the jig may be up on Anthony sooner than we expect. Either way, I see him as a sure goner as well.

Posted by runawaymt on 10-02-01 at 04:28 PM
>Lisa is manipulative, passive aggressive, etc.
>but who says ANYONE made
>the deadbeat dad comment?
>From whom (which guy) did
>Adrian hear the comment had
>ever been made?
>So far, Anthony has been the
>Puppetmaster; got rid of whathisname
>in episode 1 and Laura,
>after she dumped him, in
>Ep. 3. Note he
>was the first to voice
>his vote for ejection and
>all the guys listened like
>he was E.F. Hutton.
>He might have made up
>the "deadbeat dad" comment if
>only to stir the pot.
> He'd be smart enought
>to see the phrase would
>push a lot of buttons
>for an already defensive lone
>black guy surrounded by high
>fivin' yuplets...

I'm in agreement here. Anthony was the one to use the term "deadbeat dad" when he posted his HotSeat question. Lisa is manippleative but I think Anthony's the one at fault here.