URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID101
Thread Number: 12
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Anyone watch One Life to Live?"

Posted by realtyamazed on 02-19-05 at 01:39 PM
Any Lifers out there?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Anyone watch One Life to Live?"
Posted by kathliam on 02-21-05 at 06:05 PM
I have followed OLTL for, well suffice to say longer than I care to admit. I'm glad I found you. This is driving me crazy. Who is the actress playing the judge in the custody case? Is it Michael Learned from The Waltons? I tried several AMC/OLTL websites but they don't include the names of actors playing day characters.

Posted by realtyamazed on 02-22-05 at 07:19 PM
I don't think she is playing that role....she could be but I did not think so when I saw her, but then I haven't seen her in awhile too. I searched under her name, and nothing came up either.

Posted by realtyamazed on 03-03-05 at 10:05 PM
Will Blair and Todd ever reunite???

Posted by kathliam on 03-05-05 at 12:24 PM
Well, the new head writer has promised to return to relationship stories and focus on the core families, and if she doesn't reunited Todd and Blair after all the sturm and drang they've been through, she really doesn't know what she's doing. I think they will reunite. It doesn't make any sense, from a storyline point of view, to have weeks of them declaring their love for each other and then cheat the viewers out of a reunion, especially since they haven't had an opportunity to actually declare their love to each other. Now, whether they stay together is an all together different story. Happy soap couples make for boring TV in the hands of less talented writers.

Posted by realtyamazed on 03-05-05 at 08:47 PM
What was the deal with Mrs. Bigalow....she pretended to be someone else and was only a mile down the road from the cabin where Todd was held prisoner.

Posted by Silverado on 03-06-05 at 03:45 PM
actually the character although she looked like Mrs. Bigelow wasn't in "reality"

>>and if she doesn't reunited Todd and Blair after all the sturm and drang they've been through, she really doesn't know what she's doing. I think they will reunite.

I definitely think they're going to reunite and will be tuning in to see how it unfolds, but do you all think that Todd will tell Blair about sleeping with Margaret?

Posted by realtyamazed on 03-10-05 at 07:34 PM
Hope the show does not return all to lovey dovey status. Glad "Asa" is back...looks like a good Blair continuation story. Afterall, Asa would never give a milliom dollars to anyone.

Posted by realtyamazed on 03-11-05 at 06:54 PM
Todd does need to shave.

Posted by Silverado on 03-17-05 at 12:51 PM
he may need to shave-but it seems pretty realistic for how his situation with one crazy Margaret-it sort of reminded me of the movie Castaway.

What about Asa yesterday? Was anyone else as shocked as I was to hear his cold words to Blair that he was going to hold her prisoner? I wonder who's going to find her.

Posted by kathliam on 03-18-05 at 07:53 PM
Actually, I thought Asa's words to Blair were pretty on target, given their history. Blair has done a lot of really rotten things to Asa over the years, and even though Blair has matured since the time she and Asa were together, Asa holds grudges, big time. Asa went in to this looking to be the hero to his sons and grandsons and find Blair, but the reality of the situation when he found Blair and had her in his 'possession' got the better of him and he saw the opportunity to exact his pound of flesh. Lord knows he's talked about it and obsessed about it for years.

I think Kevin, or Kevin and Todd working together will ultimately find Blair. Kevin already thinks something is fishy with the old man given the 'board meeting' cover story that Niles blew open.

Ok, obviously I've given this way too much thought.

Posted by Silverado on 03-22-05 at 11:44 AM
great insight kathliam-you've def given it some thought-but it's an intriguing storyline that has me wondering what's going to happen next. It was just a matter of time before Asa got back with Blair for her past behavior-I think I was more shocked with his going through with it.

After what Todd's been through-I think he's more in tune with what to question and you're right- I think he's onto Asa.

Posted by realtyamazed on 03-25-05 at 01:03 AM
After today's show, I hope Todd gets Blair off the ledge and they get married. Do you think they will take the Jessica multi-personality thing like they did Vicki??

"Help on a Storyline Question"
Posted by kathliam on 05-07-05 at 04:13 PM
Ok, Silverado and Realtyamazed, since it looks like we're the only 3 people watching OLTL, I need help. I listen to OLTL on the raido during the week, and always seem to be doing something else on Sunday afternoons when it airs on SoapNet, so I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

Daniel's mistress -- there have been comments that it would be devastating and shocking if Nora found out who she is. Who could it be? My first guess was Nora's daughter Rachel, except she was at the wedding and Daniel received a phone call from his mistress prior to the ceremony. Then I thought maybe the Governor's wife (or daughter), because that would ruin his career advancement, but why would they make such a point of talking about the shock when the identity is found out if it's a character we haven't even met? Nora's only other close female friend is Evangeline and she's involved with John.

Have they given any visual clues to her identity? Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

"RE: Help on a Storyline Question"
Posted by MandyM on 05-08-05 at 11:56 AM
*Waves* I'm a Lifer too!

Kathliam, I get Soap Opera Digest and in this weeks issue they tell who it is. But I don't want to wreck it for you if you were only asking for opinions of who it "might" be. So I'll use invisible text. If you want to see it, just highlight the area below. But if you don't want to know, just skip it:

It is so shocking! His lover is MARK from the Love Shack gang!!! Pretty cool twist! I'm looking forward to how this all plays out!

Are you guys getting sick of Jessica's DID? No offense against Bree Williamson, but she ain't no Erica Slezak and I don't think she's pulling it off.

And who do you want John with? Evangaline or Nat?

MM *I Love my soaps*

"RE: Help on a Storyline Question"
Posted by kathliam on 05-08-05 at 12:27 PM
OMG you're kidding me! Now that? is a twist. Yep, that'll freak Nora out.

Frankly, I want John for myself. I think he would have a better adult relationship with Evangeline than Natalie. I believe his feelings for Nat have more to do with his guilt over not telling her about Christian. Evangeline has issues, though. Heck, what am I saying? This is soap world. Everyone has issues.

I'm still not convinced Jessica has true DID. More of a psychic break to deal with her guilt about dumping Antonio. I'm surprised Viki hasn't noticed something is up, having truly suffered from DID herself.

I will say I'm getting tired of listening to Marcie whine all the time. I can understand being a little freaked out that someone is using her book as a template to commit murder, but didn't her book start when she was trying to solve the original Love Shack murder when they found the bones? I'm disappointed they've written the character into a corner.

Have they revealed who the murder copycat is? I saw OLTL a few weekends back on SoapNet and they showed a pair of gloved hands making a list of victims, but don't know if they've shown who it is. I think it's Marcie's publicist or publisher, whichever he was. He couldn't capitalize her book sales with her injury, maybe he's trying to boost sales with a copycat.

Thanks for the update. Hope to talk with you soon.

Posted by kathliam on 07-01-06 at 12:48 PM
Wow, what a difference a year makes, huh? Shows just how far our show has fallen from our expectations. A lot has happened, very little for the better. And then again, little has changed.

Jessica is still suffering from DID. Blair and Todd are still apart (I'm guessing for a verrrry long time). Nora has been in a coma for the better part of the last year and rarely seen since her aneurysm. John and Nat are back together.

Of course, we've been subjected to massive doses of Spencer. There isn't enough space for me to share my feelings about him.

Anyone still watching?

Posted by LadyT on 07-01-06 at 04:37 PM
I like what they are doing with the Tess/Jess storyline and thats about it. I like that Jess is back in control right now, even though I actually like Tes better. It's hard because Jessica has been there for so long and we watched her grow up. But Tess is like a dash of spice. I love the new Clint, loved him on GL as Ross. Even there his prescence is still pushing stories and he is greatly missed.

Give Viki a love interest!!!

BigBrotherFanFiction
What will James do as HOH?
Who is Janelle secretly romancing?
It's double elimination week, how strong will the alliance of Marcelleus, Amy, Will, Nakomis and Jack be?
Chiara and Nathan???

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-10-06 at 09:14 PM
I like what they are doing with the Tess/Jess storyline

I hate to disagree with you Sugar, but with that storyline I feel as if I have "been there, done that." After all these years with Viki/Niki's split personality, that is the last thing I want to see on this soap....

Posted by Memaw on 08-27-07 at 10:15 AM

Vicki/Nicki's split personality is what gave the show it's ratings back them (imo)

Can't wait vor little miss tess will be making a come back, after all, look how many times Vicki was supposed to be cured but somehow always seemed to find a way to make it back...

Posted by Savahnna on 10-18-06 at 03:12 PM
Long time OLTL fan here!

I think of all the ABC soaps though....this one has a history of the most sorted plot lines. You can't get any worse than Ivan Kippling capturing ppl and putting them out then putting devices in their brain that he could remote control. Todd dying then being revived was pretty sorted too.

vicky Buchanon is my favorite. Love Nora too. I think the recent Todd character really came into the role well. I forget he's not the original sometimes.

I og back to the days of Edwina Lewis. Anyone remember her??

Posted by Memaw on 08-29-07 at 10:48 AM
Edwina Lewis just reappeared a couple of days ago, at Asa house. She showed up during his wake. And she apparantly knows a secret about Dorian's past lover, David.

So, she's back!!!! And apparantly up to no good, as usual.

Posted by PhylStar on 09-05-07 at 07:08 PM
Do you know who plays Edwina? I'd really like to know. Thanks.

Posted by Memaw on 09-10-07 at 09:35 AM
Not at the moment I don't. But if I do find out, I'll let you know.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:58 PM
Is the secret that I dated him?

Posted by kidflash212 on 06-11-16 at 12:30 PM
I've tried to watch but somehow it never seems to be on.