URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1198
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Parker loathing thread."

Posted by Estee on 02-13-08 at 11:36 AM
He's a paparazzi.

I don't need any other reason.

Let's see how you like having people invade your privacy 24/7!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Parker loathing thread."
Posted by mia rules18 on 02-13-08 at 12:35 PM
You know, it is too bad that he has the scummiest profession on earth, because to me he seems like he would be the most normal of all the men?!

Posted by JoshInSGV on 02-13-08 at 06:49 PM
How about that obnoxious hair? Since I'm shallow, that bird's nest he wears on his head is reason enough for me to hate his guts. I hope there's a head-shaving challenge in the near future.

Posted by frisky on 02-13-08 at 11:51 PM
Sideshow Bob! He's a professional stalker, and seemingly proud of it.

If his psychological profile really did mirror that of Jen, then he is an a$$hat.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Posted by electrick_shocks on 02-15-08 at 03:59 AM
He's a non-White male with a fetish for White women.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-15-08 at 09:02 AM
He's in a house with a bunch of women of a different race from his own, and there's nothing to do but ogle each other. Plus, with all the forced romance this season, it's natural for Parker to want to be involved in that - he's a red-blooded, young single male, and for some reason, those kind of people want to be involved with members of the opposite sex, or in Joshuah and Neil's case, the same sex.

It's not about race. The only color that matters in BB is green.

Posted by zipperhead on 02-15-08 at 10:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

He's a non-White male with a fetish for White women.

... uh ...

Just WTF is that supposed to mean?!

This is almost enough to cause me to go out of here on a low note. But then you're a newbie, i.e. not worth it.

Besides, you're just trying to stir stuff up, right? You're joking around, right?

'Cause saying that you have a problem with him because he's "non-White" and dares to feel an attraction to a white woman is a petty, petty position to take here in the 21st century if you're serious. Which I'm sure you're not. Because the only people I've ever met who still think that way don't have enough chromosomes to operate a computer properly.

Can someone get Ginger or Syren in here? Hell, I'd like to see CSTL touch this one with a ten-foot pole.

eta For the record - I don't like Parker because he's a paparazzi.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-15-08 at 02:33 PM
Thanks. I didn't realize that this was the same person who defended Adam's "retards" comment, which makes me wonder about this person's motivations. Not to rip a fellow poster...but definitely to question that poster.

Aside from that, the relationship between Jen and Parker is somewhat forced. If there's attraction, I can understand; it's not as if it's unacceptable these days, especially on TV, to display love and affection across racial boundaries. Look at James and Parvati as well as Ozzy and Amanda on Survivor - showmance or no, why not be just as disgusted at them? Why not send a few barbs to those of us here who are in interracial relationships (I am not, but you get my point.) Come on.

If I were going to say anything about Parker and Jen, it's that, from all outward apeparances, they remind me of Crabman and Joy from My Name Is Earl. There, I said it. I'm going to start calling Parker "Crabman." He does have the hair for it.

Posted by electrick_shocks on 02-15-08 at 08:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

>Thanks. I didn't realize that this
>was the same person who
>defended Adam's "retards" comment, which
>makes me wonder about this
>person's motivations. Not to rip
>a fellow poster...but definitely to
>question that poster.

My motivation is to discuss various aspects of my favorite reality shows and be thought provoking along the way.

>Look at James and
>Parvati as well as Ozzy
>and Amanda on Survivor -
>showmance or no, why not
>be just as disgusted at
>them?

I am more disgusted at James and Parvati. Especially Parvati since she has a track record of flirting with Black men on national TV. When Parvati was on Survivor Cook Island, she flirted with a Black dude named Nathan. This time the interracial flirting is a little more intense. Parvati has stepped it up a notch.

As for Amanda and Ozzie, I have no problem with them whatsoever. Ozzie may be Mexican, but he is a White Mexican.

>Why not send a
>few barbs to those of
>us here who are in
>interracial relationships (I am not,
>but you get my point.)
>Come on.

People partake in interracial relationship solely by choice. Why is it wrong to criticize this choice?

Posted by ohmyheck on 02-15-08 at 09:18 PM
Because it's bigoted and outdated.

Posted by Bebo on 02-15-08 at 11:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08 AT 11:28 PM (EST)

>People partake in interracial relationship solely
>by choice. Why is it
>wrong to criticize this choice?

Because our community guidelines make it the responsibility of each poster to "help prevent forest fires". Posters are here to discuss the show, not debate the appropriateness of interracial dating. That has led to off-topic flame wars in the past on these forums, which is why we discourage it now. Discussions about show participants' flirting behavior can be done without bringing race into the discussion.

ETA: And to the other folks who responded to the bait, please remember that our guidelines ask you to alert the moderators and let us handle it instead of responding yourself - again, to help prevent off-topic flame wars from sprouting.