URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1197
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Suggestions for BB8"

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-03-06 at 11:53 AM
Not that this thread will get a lot of action, considering the BB forums become a ghost town from late September up to about May. However, we had one last year, and I think it's a good idea to kick around crazy ideas for next season. Talk about good ideas that should be implemented or ideas that would never fly but would be fun to watch. Also throw in ideas that are insane, sure.

First, I present to you - the next veto reform.

Here's how it works. Before jury selection, the POV is between the HOH, nominees, and one other person. That person is drawn from a list of volunteers; everyone is asked in the Diary Room if they want to put their name in the Veto drawing. One person's name is drawn. If no one volunteers, everyone is in the drawing. The catch: Once you are randomly drawn for the POV, you cannot be randomly drawn again for the rest of the game.

So someone wins the POV, only this time, the players on the block actually have to earn it. No more being handed the POV by people throwing it. At the same time, the POV competitors are sequestered in one room while the non-competitors are sequestered in another room. Throughout the house somewhere, the silver POV is hidden. Non-competitors have a crack at it first. If anyone finds it, it can be used that week and that week alone; if no one finds it, it stays hidden.

The POV works as normal, and a replacement nominee is named. However, the silver POV symbol stays hidden from view until the eviction is announced. Julie then asks the evicted nominee, "Do you have the silver veto?" Sure, most of the time the answer is no, but a skilled player can save him/herself with it at this point.

If the evicted player reveals the silver POV symbol, he/she can evict anyone else in the house unilaterally - with the exception of the HOH and POV holder. It works as sort of like the hidden immunity idol, only with more power, though it doesn't carry over. This stays in play until jury selection, at which point everyone competes for the POV. That or maybe this should stay until F4.

Another not-at-all-stolen-from-Exile-Island idea: something I suggested last year that I call the Crazy Shed.

Starting in the second week, one person is selected to go to the Crazy Shed. The room is 8x8 and has screens on two walls, safes on a third, bright lights on the ceiling that may morph into other kinds of lights, a hard floor, and temperature control from one of the walls. To put it simply, the Crazy Shed is pure hell on wheels.

The temperature fluctuates wildly or sometimes stays unbearable; those who prefer warmer temperatures may be forced to enter the Crazy Shed in 40-degree frigidity wearing skin-tight clothing; those who prefer it cooler may be subjected to 95 degrees and humidity while wearing heavy chain mail. There are no windows, no ways out, and no contact with anyone; it's isolation on top of misery. All they have is a sink, a toilet, two smallish paper cups, a bowl, a spoon, and a bucket of Big Brother Slop, which they must eat cold with nothing added if they choose to eat at all. The water temperature fluctuates wildly as well.

However, they have this. In one of the safes is something game-changing; they just have to open it with the right combination, which is displayed on the screens. Clues are often cryptic, but the reward is fantastic - the right to overthrow the head of household at any time. Similar to the Coup d'Etat but more lethal, this Coup d'Etat allows a player possessing it to demand that the HOH hand over the key to the HOH bedroom whenever they feel like it. Or they can go to an HOH competition and, before it even begins, proclaim themselves HOH, negating a competition. It also gives an outgoing HOH the power to retain HOH for another week simply by stating that they are not giving up HOH.

Basically, the Coup d'Etat would allow the game to continue as normal except with a new HOH and, probably, new nominees. That includes the deposed HOH, so last season, when Boogie had the Coup d'Etat, he couldn't replace any nominee with Janelle or Danielle. However, under this rule, he would be allowed to stand up after the nomination ceremony if he felt like it, tell Janelle, "This isn't right. Hand me your HOH key," and she would have to do it. He would then announce new nominees then and there, putting Janelle up if he felt like it. Or he could wait until the last minute if, say, Janelle put him up instead of Marcellas and decide, "I don't think so. I'm the new HOH," and put up whoever he felt like (though Danielle would be safe as the POV holder.) It's a hidden immunity idol on steroids.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Suggestions for BB8"
Posted by FlamingCactusIT on 10-06-06 at 11:26 PM
I liked the idea of switching Week 1 up a bit. Instead of having an HoH in the first week, do what the Brits did. Just say would any two housemates come to the Diary Room. Two went, and they became part of "The Big Brotherhood" and gained immunity from eviction. Then they picked another to join, and then those three as a group picked another to join. The group got bigger and bigger and decided who would be safe. The three left were nominated, but one got ejected so, they just had two nominated.

"Game change: the most basic and best."
Posted by Estee on 10-07-06 at 08:31 PM
Last one alive wins.

"RE: Game change: the most basic and best."
Posted by Fishercat on 10-07-06 at 08:35 PM
I doubt anyone would object to the Battle Royale treatment.

Posted by Savahnna on 10-09-06 at 11:44 AM
Now.....THIS is how you cure an addiction.

Never withdrawl!!

I have no suggestions but I love that this forum still has life.

Personally, I think it's a little of a let down after "All Stars" unless there are some really dynamic hgs next season.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-10-06 at 09:07 AM
There's always something every season that's brand-spanking-new about the show, though. There's always a new whizz-banger idea they want to try, and there's always some re-tooling of the game.

The first season was a snoozer. No HOH, no strategy, just people trying not to offend anyone.

So in comes the second season, which is chocked full of strategy. The houseguests start voting one another out.

The problem was that people couldn't override the all-powerful HOH, so the POV was introduced to give the HGs some more power.

Then they re-tooled the POV to allow people to use it on themselves, considering they inexplicably didn't allow them to do that in the third season. All of a sudden, people on the block could save themselves. Also, they decided to experiment by introducing ex-lovers.

The fifth season, they decided people weren't using the veto enough, so they made it a six-person competition. They also decided to include a half-brother/half-sister combo and a pair of twins who switched in and out of the house. Frankly, if you ask me, those last two ideas were insane. I didn't mind missing the fifth season.

Come the sixth season, they haven't gotten wise to backdooring, but they got wise to these genetic party favor games. The partners game was kinda-sorta a good idea. It's the first good idea they ever had in that department.

Now, they make the players for the POV competition chosen randomly, AND they introduce All-Stars. All in all, not a bad season.

I have to wonder, though, what will change for next season. The POV rules will probably stay the same, slop will be back, and...hmm, they have seven houseguests who went to the same college and another who went to that college's arch-rival.

Posted by Savahnna on 10-10-06 at 11:01 AM
You know, even though Season 1 was the least strategic, and a bit of a snooze in comparison....I believe it had the potential to be the most contentious...(not just in a competitve sense)...if Mega hung around. There was some really nasty slams between Eddie and "Mega"....racial and "challenged physically"...though Eddie showed not to be challenged in any way. But it could have ended up being down right violent. Had Mega lasted longer. Jordon and Brittany could have done some minor damage had Jordon hung around too. Loved her.

AND....I think the classiest contestant ever was on that season. Cassandra. But the whole season did have a June Cleaver appeal in comparison to the others.

G-d I miss it already!!!!!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-10-06 at 09:22 AM
Another wild idea I had about the jackpot - players would play to gamble the pot in competitions. It starts at $500,000, of course, and whoever finishes second gets $50,000. We'll say, for argument's sake, that people voted out before the jury get $1,000 a week, and those on the jury get...I don't know, $20,000.

So they wait until the second week to break out the twist. They are told that the pot could be as much as $2 million or so by the end of the season or it could be as little as $50 (some creative wording in the contract would be in play here.) For the first few weeks, at the very least, each food competition would involve adding and subtracting money from the pot. In one such challenge, the teams would be split in two, and both teams would have to finish in a certain amount of time in order to add to the pot. If the pot gets too low (like they lose money like crazy and are down to a $40,000 pot or something) then they introduce easy challenges to get the pot back up to something reasonable. If it gets too high, like above a million, the challenges get more difficult.

If, say, the pot ends up at $1 million at the end of the season, the second-place prize goes to $100,000 as well. If it drops to, say, $100,000, then the second-place prize goes to $10,000 and the jury prizes are cut as well so as never to exceed three-quarters of the second-place prize.

Some sadistic choices may be offered later in the season...(Julie announces over the intercom, "Any person may add $250,000 to the pot any time between now and the end of the week. That person is stuck on slop for the rest of the game." Or during a competition, "Would you accept the Power of Veto in exchange for cutting the current pot in half?") Another wild idea here - after a POV competition in which the HOH wins, he/she is offered a challenge. If they can agree to get someone to go up on the block in a current nominee's place in exchange for $100,000 added to the pot, then they earn immunity for the following week. If they can't, then $100,000 is removed from the pot and they have to eat slop the following week.

Admittedly, it's injecting The Mole into the show, but I rather enjoyed The Mole, and even if it comes back in the form of one season of Big Brother, it's a fun experiment.