URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1197
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It was funny the first time, but..."

Posted by realitybites on 11-09-05 at 06:08 AM
The intention of the "let's strip everything from the losing team in a non-elimination leg" was to add an additional penalty. It was NOT to provide comedy for the viewing audience.

It was funny the first time teams tried to bundle up (back in TAR6, I think), but now it's starting to get old.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: It was funny the first time, but..."
Posted by Kathryn in Canada on 11-09-05 at 08:44 AM
I beg to differ. Most of the time it isn't funny, but when the Paulos stopped to put everything on when they weren't the last family, I had a great laugh (after I got through screaming at the tv set!)

And I liked the way they reminded the Bransons to not step on the mat until they had more clothes on their backs. It was good sportsmanship. The Bransons should have known enough to do it on their own, but when they started to make a mistake (one that might have helped the Paulo's avoid elimination later the Bransons would have had no hats under the Arizona summer sun) the Paulos still stepped in to remind them.

That was a classy, generous, thing to do.

Posted by bystander on 11-09-05 at 08:56 AM
My eyes were blinded by and burned with the fire of 20,000 hot pokers at the sight of Mrs. Paolo putting on additional panties over her clothes.

I still have the dry heaves this morning thinking about it.

Posted by Seana on 11-09-05 at 09:41 AM
Yer funny.

We discussed this new penalty last season. I personally really disliked the idea of begging in a poor country, like Senegal (Meredith and Gretchen). I am in favour of the idea (I forget whose it was now - sorry!) of adding a task, like being in the penalty box, and you can't get out until you complete the task.

Wah! Bye, Paolos!

Posted by zipperhead on 11-09-05 at 10:10 AM
The only thing comparable to the horror of seeing Marion Paolo's underwear was seeing Teri (TAR5?) wearing paper undies. And no, she didn't have pants on under them.

*shudder*

See? We bash former contestants, even. It's NOT a "christian-bashing" thing for those who think it is.

Posted by notamonster on 11-10-05 at 11:08 AM
>My eyes were blinded by and
>burned with the fire of
>20,000 hot pokers at the
>sight of Mrs. Paolo putting
>on additional panties over her
>clothes.

Uhh...I beg to differ bystander. Those weren't panties. Panties don't look like that. Those were "Grandma draws" or "time of the month underwear". Panties are nice and dainty...words that don't even come close to what marion was putting on over her pants. Just a thought.

Posted by byoffer on 11-10-05 at 11:57 AM
Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop posting ANY further references to Marion's undergarments*. I had to use the pokers after bystander (mom always gives him first dibs) so they were not quite as hot and much more painful. It was worth it, but I really don't want to have to go through that again!

* that includes any references to camping tents, boat covers, industrial tarps, etc.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-10-05 at 12:19 PM
Ummm... no, we cannot!

Do you really expect me to leave that part out of my summary?

Back to writing!

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 11-10-05 at 01:19 PM
Aw, you get ALL the fun parts!

(Actually, I've got some goodies too!)

*also returns to writing

Posted by ftaok on 11-10-05 at 12:22 PM
>That was a classy, generous, thing
>to do.

Nah, I think DJ just wanted to see the Branson Girls' undergarments. ;)

Posted by PackMan on 11-09-05 at 09:57 AM
The thing that would have been funny (for me) is if while the Paolo's were putting on more clothes, the Branson's drive up, get out of their car and beat them to the pit stop.

I was hoping, but didn't really expect it to happen.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Posted by Seana on 11-09-05 at 10:04 AM
Yeah, that was funny. If they'd just hurried to the mat, they'd have had a few more minutes to start.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-09-05 at 10:36 AM
I think the production folks at TAR need to find a new penalty for the last-place team in a non-elim leg.

Posted by PackMan on 11-09-05 at 11:41 AM
Any suggestions?

How about this? For the team that finishes last in a non-eliminination leg, on the next leg they have to choose which Detour they will take before they even start the leg. Each detour leg would be assigned A or B, and the team has to make their choice blind, without knowing what the Detour options are. For Roadblocks, the team that finished just before them chooses which of the team members will have to perform the Roadblock. Finally, the last place team would not be allowed to Yield or Fast Forward on the next leg (if those options are available). Just a thought.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Posted by zipperhead on 11-09-05 at 01:12 PM
Those are some pretty interesting ideas. It looks like begging for money isn't too hard (if you're not Uchena + Joyce) and so keeping your extra clothes makes the "penalty" not so bad. The producers do need to come up with some fresh penalties.

Posted by DonnaLynn on 11-10-05 at 01:53 PM
>Any suggestions?
>
>How about this? For the
>team that finishes last in
>a non-eliminination leg, on the
>next leg they have to
>choose which Detour they will
>take before they even start
>the leg. Each detour
>leg would be assigned A
>or B, and the team
>has to make their choice
>blind, without knowing what the
>Detour options are. For
>Roadblocks, the team that finished
>just before them chooses which
>of the team members will
>have to perform the Roadblock.
> Finally, the last place
>team would not be allowed
>to Yield or Fast Forward
>on the next leg (if
>those options are available).
>Just a thought.
>
>

That's a great idea! Love it! Yes, I think this whole putting on tons of clothes has gotten old. I must admit though watching the Paolo's putting on their underwear over their clothes was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. I know this is bad but I just kept thinking "please don't let any of these undergarments be soiled" UGH! They all looked surprisingly clean!

I think that from now on if a team puts on all their clothes they should have to start the next leg completely NAKED!

Btw, my mom is soooo hot! She looked so good in those grandma panties, didn't she??? Ooops, I was thinking of the Desperate Housewives a few legs back... I'll be back after I vomit.