URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 119
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gulman redeemed"

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-14-04 at 01:23 AM
After a mildly humorous set about oreo cookies Gary came roaring back this week with some very funny stuff. My wife actually had to get out of bed to quiet me down because I was laughing a bit TOO loudly at some bits.

Jay actually did quite a bit better than I thought he would and make me laugh a couple of times as well - and to be fair, his schtick isn't geared toward huge belly laughs. He seems to be a really nice guy and a very different kind of comedian.

Still, I'm glad that he didn't get to the f5 cause America would truly like the guy and he might actually win. Great guy? yes. Funniest guy in America? I'd lean no.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gulman redeemed"
Posted by Bucky Katt on 07-14-04 at 01:56 AM
Totally agree! If Gulman had lost last week it would have only been his own fault for picking bad material. His routine this week was outstanding! I thought for sure he would top the 95% that John got in Week 1. If Ant was up against that routine it may have been 100%-0%.

At this point, I think Alonzo, Gary and John have earned a final 5 spot. Tammy, Kathleen and Corey I am not so sure about - hopefully two of the three go against each other next week and one proves themself and one goes home.

"How 'bout a birdy? I got a little birdy right here."

Posted by Mistral on 07-14-04 at 10:27 AM
Since I missed last week's episode (conveniently repeated last night) due to the TAR premiere, I missed Gary taking Ant out. I was actually surprised that Gary even beat Ant (and by such a margin), I didn't even think he was that funny and I thought the audience seemed more into Ant .

But Gary was really on last night, and I never thought Jay was particularly funny anyway.

Now if they could only get Corey out (I just don't find him funny at all) we might actually have a fairly good final 5.

Posted by RuffNeck on 07-14-04 at 10:50 AM
>Still, I'm glad that he didn't
>get to the f5 cause
>America would truly like the
>guy and he might actually
>win. Great guy?
>yes. Funniest guy in
>America? I'd lean no.

I was thinking this very same thing last night. I actually thought he would make a better supporting character in a sit-com than standup commedian.

Gary's spiel about the rope's in gym class was so funny, it actually made me think back to the thin blue mat that he talked about.

Also, not sure where I read it within another post, but someone posted a link to another web site with some spoilers that have been dead on with nailing the first 4 who leave the house.

Posted by Bebo on 07-14-04 at 11:33 AM
I like Jay's type of humor, but Mr. Bebo and I were both pleased to see Gary win last night. He had a strong set that had us both laughing the whole time.

Have whip, will travel.

Posted by buscemi on 07-14-04 at 12:00 PM
1. I agree that Gulman's routine this week was better, but I still think he was solid last week.

2. I don't think Jay was on last night. It's tough with him. I think there's a very fine line between an audience loving him and loathing him. The question is whether people buy into the self deprecating stuff or whether they just think he really is embarassed to be up there. They didn't quite buy it last night, leading to the landslide.

Posted by Hollywood on 07-14-04 at 12:30 PM
I agree. Gulman was very funny and very impressive last night (the funniest so far of his performances). I haven't checked the others Bio's but if you go to www.garygulman.com it's obvious that Gulman is no light weight, in fact he's been a very successful comic for about 5 years. After reading his bio it's almost surprising that he'd even do LCS, given that he's been on Leno, Letterman, and had his own specials already. No one should be surprised that he has a lot of material. He's going to be tough to beat. I think the four guys are the funniest, but it's very hard to predict who will win.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 07-14-04 at 01:47 PM
I agree that gary did better last night but I was/am a huge jay London fan (I think he's hyterical) so I'm disapointed I'd rather see Corey go than Jay

Posted by FlyinBrian on 07-14-04 at 03:36 PM
What was up with Tammy saying everyone was a wimp? Hasn't she spent the whole show challenging her alliance so she wouldn't have to compete. She challenged Alanzo last week! I can't believe nobody called her on that.

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 07-15-04 at 02:07 AM

I wondered about that myself. Her comments should have earned her more votes for a head to head. I think she is headed for a fall, soon, though.

Silvergirl
Last Comic Standing 2 summary writer

Posted by DoodleBug on 07-14-04 at 03:57 PM
Yup! Totally agree. Gary was on last night. He had me rolling. I'm sad to see Jay go... but did you see the previews for next week? Why are they coming back into the house???

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

Posted by mocha madness on 07-14-04 at 04:59 PM
This is becoming a landslide on this board as well. Gary Gulman rocked big time last night, and I also thought the audience was more into Ant the week before. Can anyone imagine the alliance challenging Gulman for a third time?

Posted by buscemi on 07-14-04 at 05:22 PM
I doubt that they will, especially if they are aware of the #s: 73%-27% and 89%-11%. I wouldn't want to face someone averaging over 80% of the votes.