URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1186
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Worst Finale Ever?"

Posted by MarkP on 09-10-07 at 12:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-07 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

I thought Maggie/Evilette was bad....then along came Boogie/Erica. Now we may end up looking at ED/Dani? It is a tough vote but I would give the nod to Ed/Dani since you are basically looking at the same person (you are making your pop proud Dani). If ED wins he gives money to Dani who will then role her eyes and disown him. If Dani wins - Dani wins (enough said there). Why is it that year in year out this show can't come up with a finale that makes anyone want to watch?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Worst Finale Ever?"
Posted by shudson on 09-10-07 at 01:01 PM
Yes, you're right...worst ever..and I for one and my friends have decided that we won't be watching any more.....AND we won't be watching BB9.....The message that has been sent out this year is too much: extreme abusive, bullying behaviour is being rewarded.....these weren't 'tactics'...these are just ED and Danelles real 'character'shining thru...I know its JUST a TV show, but ..if its 'Reality' TV then now its just Sad TV...maybe there's some good 'regular' TV on ..have to check..BYE

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-10-07 at 01:27 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-10-07 at 01:26 PM
I agree. I'll probably watch the finale just because I always need closure on things. But I won't be happy about it. and BB may have finally lost me as a fan after this year.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by Snidget on 09-10-07 at 01:50 PM
Oh, I'm not going to be tempted to say I won't watch next year.

Because someone around here might be keeping a list with bookmarks to post when people are clearly watching this travesty yet again.

It always amazes me how these people every year wait until it is too late to get the people out that no one can stand. Although I do understand the too many people like them impulse, but the trend of trying to take the most obnoxious with you to the end gets old. Especially since they always wait until it is too late. Once you know the obnoxious one is good at the competitions get them out. You want them obnoxious AND incompetent if you are going to drag them to the end. Obnoxious and capable is a dangerous combination.

Oh, and leaving a duo like Dani/Dick in the game together is dumb even if you don't want live with the one that didn't get voted out for awhile.

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-10-07 at 02:22 PM
Mostly for me it isn't about who is making it to the end. It's more about CBS's blatant manipulating of this game. Yes, i know it has always happened. I just feel they really have jumped the shark this year with allowing ED to act the way he has. He should have been gone when he poured that tea over jen's head. Was it funny as an observer? Yes. But IMHO, it crossed the line. I also felt that BB skewed this entire season in favor of D&D and against Jen. Don't get me wrong, I was not her biggest fan but I do believe that people were encouraged to treat her so poorly to make for better tv. Little things like this made this year feel as if they have just finally gone too far.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by Estee on 09-10-07 at 02:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-07 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

I think one of the hallmarks of BB is that every finale is the worst one ever: each year manages to top the one before it by enough of a nausea margin to leave no comparison with prior Final 2s. Next year, we'll get a pairing that makes Dick & Daniele look like saints. Just wait for it.

To me, the most surprising part is that in the Season Of Stupid Pairing, no team even got within a sniff of Final 3, and in the season of One Exceptionally Stupid Pairing, the single duo has just about ridden it all the way to the end. Apparently the lesson here is that no one on this show can successfully derail a twist if they're not actually part of it.

Posted by MarkP on 09-10-07 at 03:24 PM
Don't get me wrong - I'm not at a point where I will give up watching the show. I like the show - my entire family sits down 3 nights a week to watch it and there aren't many shows I can say that about....but for goodness sake, can't they just once have a finale that I am excited about? Forget excited, that I even care about. This could make 3 years me going into the finale not giving a flying hoot who wins. Thats not the way you want to end things. Its like watching the Sopranos finale.

Posted by cambo on 09-10-07 at 04:19 PM
For me, the worst final two was and still is Jun/Allison. This one will be hard to stomach too though simply b/c Daniele has acted like a snotty little brat. I really didn't appreciate the way she was talking down to Zach in the HOH room.

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-10-07 at 04:23 PM
We had this discussion last night in my house. It really is hard to determine who is a bigger piece of sh&%, Dani or Alliwhore. I may have to go with Dani. As much as I hated Alliwhore, I honestly think that I dislike Dani even more. and that is pretty bad considering how much I hated Allison.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by Estee on 09-10-07 at 04:46 PM
It could be worse. Imagine what would happen if Bruck cast Dick & Daniele as a TAR team.

Whining 'Round The World!

'They're speaking a language I don't understand! Who told them they could do that? They're just trying to make me feel stuuuuuupid!'

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-10-07 at 05:52 PM
Worse yet would be Daniele and Allison. Ack!!

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by mattben on 09-10-07 at 06:24 PM
I had a nightmare about that, Estee. And that they were on Survivor, too.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 09-12-07 at 12:18 PM
Let's hope they DO make it to Survivor. Maybe we can feed them to alligators or piranhas. Couldn't happen it to a more lovely pair. =)

Posted by JoshInSGV on 09-10-07 at 06:15 PM
It's funny. I just left a comment about this on spoilers. I've found other BB finalists dispicable to watch (Ivette/Maggie), but the Donatos are particularly foul. Although BB is far from a morality play, I do feel that these two have been rewarded for their atrocious behavior more than anyone else. D!ck was allowed to make death/rape threats and dump tea on Jen's head. And, Dani is such a self-entitled, whinny little b!tch. If she ends up winning the money, she'll probably become a bigger self-entitled b!tch than she already is. Having said, I'll probably tune in again next year, hoping for a more appealing cast, but I'm not keeping my hopes high. I'm glad I stopped watching this dreck when Jen got evicted. This season just wasn't worth my time.

Posted by hapegal4 on 09-12-07 at 11:03 PM
I totally agree with you. Maggie made me want to throw up, but the Donatos are a whole new breed. I have watched them on showtime at night and cannot believe their behaviour. I know that you have to lie and manipulate in the game. That's fine, but why all of the nasty comments about every houseguest 24/7. Every single day the Donatos are ripping on everyone who left. I hope that they will be confronted with their awfulness when they watch the shows, but I doubt that they will even see thenselves for who they are. How pathetic and sad. I too have given up watching the show because of them. Although Zach is not someone I would've chosen to win. I am hoping that he makes it to the finals and wins it all.

Posted by tweets on 09-13-07 at 09:39 PM
Well to quote that horrible little skank Danielle "THAT SUCKS."

Posted by bacon on 09-14-07 at 10:52 AM
I don't know if it's the worst or not, Ivette and Maggie was extremely painful. But it might be the most pointless vote since Rob and Amber won Survivor: All Stars. It's almost as if the jury doesn't really need to vote. Just hand each one 250,000 and don't even air the finale.

Posted by kwallace on 09-14-07 at 01:03 PM
I agree this was the worst yet. They threw the guy out a few seasons ago for playing around with a knife but let ##### stay after he purposely burned Jen with a cigarette. There have been evil house guests before Dr. Will comes to mind and there was a black woman on there a few seasons ago that made my blood boil seems like it started with a V? But none were physically abusive nor personally as disgusting as these two. I will not watch Sunday because I can't stomach seeing them say the usual "Well you acting like "SH**" but you are here so I guess it was good strategy. Or it was just a game - nothing personal. It looked very personal with these two. I can't staned either one. I think we were supposed to develop some empathy for ##### standing out there in the cold for his daughter - and it almost worked until Danielle brought her father FOUR towels and Zach none. I see they replaced the cigarettes Jen supposedly trashed too. No more BB for me.

Posted by flystorms on 09-14-07 at 01:40 PM
UGH! I cancelled my Tivo season pass right after D!ck won the final challenge. Done. They just churn my stomach because they didn't play the game strategically as much as they did by POW-like torture to the other contestants. Some may say that's a strategy, but it's not good gamesmanship. Bleh! I could go on for quite a bit, but my soapbox isn't going to hold up under the weight of all I have to spew about the Donatos...

Posted by martha on 09-15-07 at 00:43 AM
I like that idea. Just give them the money and maybe we could watch something with a better class of people. Like 'Jerry Springer' or 'My Super Sweet Sixteen'.

The good news is - my husband has promised that we never have to watch the show EVER AGAIN!!! But it took the soulless, disgusting Donatos to make him promise.

Posted by Memaw on 09-15-07 at 09:49 AM
I wander if those in the Sequestor's house would be able to produce a "hung jury" (so to speak) kind of vote for the end of this season's game. I'm sure that most on the jury would rather not see neither one of the Donato's get the prize money.

Posted by Snidget on 09-15-07 at 10:44 AM
Well they have 7 so there isn't a simple way to make a tie vote/hung jury.

Posted by auntieg53 on 09-14-07 at 11:09 PM
hey mark, I dont know what show your watching but I think this was a great show the two best players won week in week out. they kicked butt and took names. you may not of liked the way they did it but it worked, you don't see any of the good guys standing their thats because they didnt play the game, they layed around and talked and cryed about being a good person and forgot about what they went their to do. I bet if you asked any one of them they would say they would play the game much different, and they would play the game for their self and not for a group of good people. You saw what happened at the end Zach turned on ##### and Dani, Jamicka turned, even she said she finally was playing for her self. So its my feeling that you were one of the good guys and you are just a bad sport. Dont hold it aganist ED that hes got game and that your prayres werent answered. auntieg53

Posted by MarkP on 09-15-07 at 07:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-07 AT 07:40 PM (EST)

>hey mark, I dont know what
>show your watching but I
>think this was a great
>show

Sorry auntie but I am not talking about how the show was, but as I said I am talking about the finale. When the 2 people in the finale are basically the same person I have no interest whatsoever to watch it. Good people or bad people, we are looking at the exact same 2 people. They wanted this, they worked together, this was their goal and they got it. Now what? Who really cares because in a nutshellf this is over. O-V-E-R. Even the people rooting for the Donatos must admit at this point there is zero suspense. Ed/Dani could moon the entire jury and tell them to take a flying leap for all they care. I guess its just me but I prefer the game to be over after the vote, certainly not before. Its as though the Yankees got to the World Series and met....the Yankees. Yawn.

Posted by realitytvfan07 on 09-15-07 at 09:56 PM
Auntie,

I agree with you up to a certain point but America's Player was a huge advantage to ED and Danielle. So I can't really say that #####'s tactics worked or that Danielle and ##### played a great game. #####'s "strategy" worked as far as America wanting him to stay but without America's Player Ed would have been gone a long time ago.

Posted by bb8fan2007c on 09-19-07 at 07:08 PM
According to an interview with Entertainment Weekly, ED still thinks that he and Daniele is still the best team ever despite getting help from America's player. Is he still in denial? I think so. ED, all you have to do is listen to what Eric is saying in interviews. He would have voted you out instead of Dustin. ED is an idiot.

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-15-07 at 11:54 PM
Auntie,know you're a newbie,but the whole POINT of this thread is BASHING.... Ergo, we can BASH!
Welcome and please, quit telling us that we're bad sports.OK?

Posted by Bebo on 09-16-07 at 12:29 PM
If you have an issue with what another poster has written, alert the mods and let us handle it. There had already been a no bashing reminder posted in this thread - there was no reason for to join in and jump all over a new poster. You've been here long enough to know how to handle situations like these.

Posted by JordanG on 09-17-07 at 12:19 PM
He didn't play a good game. He was very verbally abusive and in some ways physically abusive and should have been disqualified when it happened. The fact that CBS kept in doesn't say much for them.

"Friendly Reminder "
Posted by Bebo on 09-15-07 at 08:55 PM
There are some strong opinions about this final 2. I'd like to remind all posters to keep your comments about the show and its participants and don't go after fellow posters whose opinions may differ from yours. Remember, our guidelines say no bashing, and that means none at all.

Posted by Eowyn on 09-15-07 at 11:29 PM
Of course it will be the worst finally ever . In case America hasnt figured it out Ed and Dani have bben playing us and CBS since before they went into the house and Ed cheated at the last HOH competition. After the first or second question his and Zachs answers were the same because he saw Zachs thru a mirror and answered after him everytime. Julie even kept asking him answer please. Think she had it figured out.

Posted by mattben on 09-15-07 at 11:45 PM
I'd wondered before about the possibility of using those mirrors in the astroturf backyard. Didn't notice it myself last show, but then wasn't really looking for it. Like ED's blue ball cheat.

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-16-07 at 00:27 AM
Maybe they'll both be disqualified??
Now THAT would be hilarious!

Posted by mrc on 09-17-07 at 10:17 AM
Out of the two, I was leaning toward voting for ED with my hypothetical jury vote. After last night's recrap, however, I think I'll change. I think narcissistic brattiness trumps violent misogyny.

Thanks for a craptacular F2, jury members.

A totally ag-cepptable siggie