URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1186
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E11 Preview Vidcaps"

Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 04-06-01 at 12:11 PM
Once again, these vidcaps are courtesy of Aja. Let's see how they fit with the SeeBS teaser.

Here is the CBS teaser:

1) The Barramundi camp is threatened by a fierce storm and a violently turbulent river. Will it be wiped out?

2) Some Survivors take drastic, if not heroic, measures to preserve the well-being of the rest of the tribe. Who will they be?

3) One Survivor misses out on all the drama. Will this affect this person's standing?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: E11 Preview Vidcaps"
Posted by samiam on 04-06-01 at 12:35 PM
1. Just about.

2. Ain't gonna be Rodger swimming downstream to fetch the rice.

3. Colby is the only one not in the vid caps....

Once again, no RC, no IC, just storyline. AUGH!

"Amber's not in the pics either"
Posted by Lexi on 04-06-01 at 12:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

One of them may have won the reward challenge and is on a day trip because of this.

Edited to say that I know Amber's shown with the rice, but she's not in the ones where they appear to be watching the water rising.

Posted by Lightmage81 on 04-06-01 at 12:41 PM
>1) The Barramundi camp is threatened
>by a fierce storm and
>a violently turbulent river. Will
>it be wiped out?

i doubt all of it will be gone.....
probably half of it.....

>2) Some Survivors take drastic, if
>not heroic, measures to preserve
>the well-being of the rest
>of the tribe. Who will
>they be?

well could this be bcos some of the rice is swept away?
liz is shown eating out of the pot..............
and amber is preparing rice with her????/
(all this is highly speculative)

>3) One Survivor misses out on
>all the drama. Will this
>affect this person's standing?

hmmm....Colby isn't shown in the clips.....

well this is my 2cents worth

Lightage81

Posted by weltek on 04-06-01 at 12:42 PM
AS I understand it (I read it SOMEWHERE a few days ago...don't remember where-might have been one of the episode previews from odd sites that people list on here), the flooding takes place while they are at RC. So it makes sense that whoever wins RC leaves for the day and misses on the camp cleanup that happens when the remaining survivors return to camp after RC. Since Colby isn't in any of the pictures, we can possibly surmise that he wins the RC.

"Could be but,"
Posted by Lexi on 04-06-01 at 12:48 PM
The RC winner usually goes back to camp with the others after RC and leaves later.

"I wouldn't go so far as to say USUALLY"
Posted by weltek on 04-06-01 at 01:04 PM
Jerri and Amber were wisked away immediately. Colby and Jerri went back to camp. Those are the only ones so far (I think) where anyone has gone away, so that's a 50% shot. On the first Survivor I know Sean had to wait, but again, I still wouldn't say "usually" since it really depends on the nature of the reward. I think this RC could be worth determining the winner since it is forshadowed that whoever wins it might be voted out. CBS/MB forshadowed Nick going by saying that someone's laziness could effect the voting in last episode, so I think it's worth giving some thought to.

"RE: I wouldn't go so far as to say USUALLY"
Posted by munson on 04-06-01 at 01:39 PM
I agree that ANOTHER challenge win could make Colby a big target. He's appears fairly safe in the K/T/C alliance so it might be a good idea to not be so obviously competitive, especially in the RC's.

"RE: I wouldn't go so far as to say USUALLY"
Posted by Loree on 04-06-01 at 03:39 PM
I think winning the RC is bad luck. In the first Survivor quite often the person who won the RC was one of the next voted out. It sets the winner apart from the others (jealousy) and often the winner goes away leaving the others to be able to talk and plot against them. This is one game where you don't want to distance yourself from the others (Kel). You want to stay with the group so they can't plot against you.

"RE: Could be but,"
Posted by Puffs on 04-06-01 at 01:07 PM
Colby is there, it is his chin and beard you see and it appears to be a motion picture becasue the background is blurry.

Posted by MadforMadDog on 04-06-01 at 01:22 PM
Looks like rodgers chin. It matches the color pattern in his beard.

Posted by volmel on 04-06-01 at 01:24 PM
HMMMM, to me that looks like Keith in that close up picture because of the gray in the beard...

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

Posted by Puffs on 04-06-01 at 02:03 PM
I realize it is silly to debate but... Keith and Rodger both have shirts on and this person does not appear to also that is Liz in the background with the gaping mouth - blue coat

Posted by Puffs on 04-06-01 at 02:09 PM
To continue my thought, it would appear that they are standing in groups on the river bank, Colby realizes the rice is swimming and jumps in for it, Liz is shocked and stands there in awe, Tina and Keith do not appear overly pleased that it was colby who once again became the "good guy" and Keith looks down as if in shame thinking "it should have been me" Rodger is concerned then smiles as Colby holds up the rescued rice!

Posted by Conspiracy Jim on 04-06-01 at 02:57 PM
Puffs,
Your analysis is based on pure imagination. Looking at the picks the gray bearded guy IS NOT colby, but either Kieth or Roger (likely the former). Either way that doesn't matter. I also agree that they are returning from the RC because you saw them walking up last night when they saw the camp. I also believe that the RC winner has been taken some where to enjoy their reward. That means that the RC winner is either Amber (as she IS NOT seen in the O'MY GOD, the camp" picks. Neither is Colby. So one of them likely wins (if not both) the RC. Now I know that SeeBS is making a point of one person missing out on the clean up, but it could be two and we are being misled. Anyway, RC must be won by either Amber or Colby. Also, the RC must be something other than the phone call home or the video tapes of the family rewards as is has been discussed that Tina calls home.

Conspiracy Jim
"Ya, sure we went to the moon"!!!