URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID46
Thread Number: 118
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Host"

Posted by Doorgunner on 09-01-03 at 10:51 PM
Hey, what happened to the host that had been there all season. Some woman just appeared on the 01 Sept review show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Host"
Posted by Guppin1234 on 09-02-03 at 01:52 AM
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. He's probably in hiding somewhere or wrapping up FLOM3. I think they found a female equivalent. Actually, I saw him briefly on Turner Movie Classic channel doing some silly intermission type thing.

Posted by travelingprincess on 09-02-03 at 02:06 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I figured he either got in a fight with the show so they had to replace him, or he got another gig and was too busy.

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 09-02-03 at 06:20 AM
Looked to me like they found a hostess who was better at interrogating the suspectser, contestants than the original host would've been.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-02-03 at 08:37 AM
This is nothing new...most of the reunion shows that I've seen on any of these show's bring some special "untainted" host to interview and talk to the contestants. I think it just provides a way to show that it's new and not scripted plus the actual host of the show might be biased toward one person or another.

The Who wants to marry my dad reunion show was more of a snoozer than this one.

Posted by travelingprincess on 09-02-03 at 01:37 PM
That is so true. Lame lame lame. the only excitement was when the first runner up told everyone that she thought the real connection was with her! That was great!

Posted by Loree on 09-02-03 at 05:10 PM
On the Marry My Dad reunion I wanted the woman to have the guts to ask him (while attached to the lie detector) was he really happy his children picked her over the beauty queen. Instead they asked lame questions that had no bad answer. Lame.

Posted by okdebi on 09-02-03 at 07:22 PM
Loree,

They knew better than to ask him REAL questions!! I couldn't believe the fluff that she asked...what a corny show!! Give me a break...or better yet..give me the mike so I can ask him some questions!!!

Posted by Guppin1234 on 09-02-03 at 07:32 PM
So true, and they treated her kids like second-class citizens. They should give Christina a Who Wants to Marry My Mom show instead of doing another one for a Dad..... Nash must be chauvenistic as well as feeble minded.

Posted by Lumster on 09-03-03 at 01:51 AM
Yeah, I agree. Reunion shows typically have a neutral host, someone who is seen as being objective (looking in from the outside), especially as the outcome is not known. The original host may know the outcome and hence, not be objective in his line of questioning. Chances are, this host doesn't know the outcome either so she can question these people though the eyes of the viewer.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-08-03 at 05:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-03 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

>Hey, what happened to the host
>that had been there all season.

He meant have finally found a paid acting gig where he gets to play "Officer #1.

(for those not in the know, Jordan Murphy was promoted in the FLOM publicity materials as "Jordan Murphy (Boston Public)" --- but when you tried to go find his "Boston Public" work, it consisted of a single appearance in episode #34 where he played a character called "Officer #2")

-SB