URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 1172
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gay Survivor Journal, Week Seven"

Posted by LTJ on 04-13-02 at 12:05 PM
I'm starting a new thread for this, as the other is so big...

Here is the link to this weeks article!

http://www.survivornews.net/article?id=45

Enjoy!

-Larry

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gay Survivor Journal, Week Seven"
Posted by aymelek on 04-13-02 at 12:24 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread! The other one was getting too big for my little laptop to load!
The article was GREAT!!! LMAO!!

Posted by katem on 04-14-02 at 01:16 PM
Larry, these just keep getting better and better. Great job.

Now I know your addiction is to Diet Coke, but is that with or without lemon?

Posted by dabo on 04-15-02 at 02:19 AM
LAR-RY! LAR-RY! LAR-RY!

Damn, man, you had me in hysterics again this week, you are too damn funny, you high maintenance b!tch you!

Previous links for newbies who don't want to go searching:

Confessions
http://survivornews.net/article?id=2

week 1
http://survivornews.net/article?id=6

week 2
http://survivornews.net/article?id=10

week 3
http://survivornews.net/article?id=20

week 4
http://survivornews.net/article?id=24

week 5
http://survivornews.net/article?id=32

week 6
http://survivornews.net/article?id=38

Moi sends Larry a high-five for the "high maintenance b!tch" comment, you are just too honest, dude.

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-15-02 at 03:46 AM
Funniest column, yet ! ! . "Zoe knows a real man can wear pink;" we know how she got the name of "Rotu Mom."--HYSTERICAL! ! ! LOL. BTW, Do you think John was deprived of a . . . early nurturing (feeding)? Is that why he's so paranoid and power-mad?

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-15-02 at 08:49 AM

You ROCK Larry!!!
Your column is one of the things I look forward to every week.

( poor Neleh, we all know what happens to the Diva of the Week)

Posted by s_man on 04-15-02 at 09:26 AM
Keep up the HILARIOUS work. And thanks for the new thresd. The old one was getting a bit overloaded.

And, thanks, Dabo, for the links. Somehow, I missed a couple of weeks, so I was able to catch up.

Posted by TODDLJ on 04-15-02 at 01:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-02 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

All the praise is really going to my head. (Who am I kidding? I was a conceited b!tch at birth.)

Thanks aymelek, katem, TeddyBear, DriveMyCar and s_man for the continued support.

And thanks especially to dabo for the links... sh!t, now I even have people doing my admin stuff!

I have to tell you I got a letter of support for Jeff Varner! Even after I dissed him in my first article! He made me promise not to quote him, so I won't, but he was very supportive.

I'm working on setting up a website, www.gaysurvivorjournal.com.

P.S.:
To answer your Q. katem: With a twist of lime. The acid in citrus fruits helps speed your metabolism!

Thanks! -Larry
(By the way, TODDLJ and LTJ are both me. One from home, the other from work.)

Posted by managerr on 04-15-02 at 05:45 PM
If I ever get to be on Survivor, screw the million dollars, I'm going to try to win Diva of the Week!

Posted by anotherkim on 04-16-02 at 02:40 PM
I love these article soooooo much. I am going to get fired one of these days beacause I laugh out loud so loud my students stare .

A letter from Varner??? You must be thediva. Looking forward to your website.

"RE: Gay Survivor Journal, Week Eight"
Posted by TODDLJ on 04-19-02 at 08:07 PM
here is the link to this weeks edition

http://www.survivornews.net/article?id=52

Posted by dangerkitty on 04-19-02 at 08:17 PM
LMAO!!! Another great one, Larry!

I must confess: When Neleh modeled her kite clothes and announced "I got a kite and a new outfit out of this challenge!", I immediately thought of YOU! Oh, I knew you would be loving that! LOL!!

Posted by Swami on 04-19-02 at 09:59 PM
And I thought of you when John wore his very short blue sarong to get the IC treemail! I knew you would give him the attention he deserved for such a bold fashion statement!

I love your stuff, Larry!!!

Swami

Posted by aymelek on 04-19-02 at 08:25 PM
LMAO!!! This was my favorite:

Zoe has officially earned the title "Hottest Guy on Nuku Hiva!" With her bulging biceps, newly-defined abs, and Charleton Heston jawline, she has more testosterone than she knows what to do with! She even lies like a rug, which is true for all men (at least all the ones I've dated.) You go girlboy… person!

Thanks for another hilarious GSJ!!!

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-19-02 at 11:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-02 AT 08:37 AM (EST)

You how, I've always kind of liked Sally Field--in a sacharinly sweet sort of way .
I'm not sure, how she would feel being compared to John.

Personally, When John was delusional enough to think the Neleh and Pappy would support him rather than themselves;

I had a similar feeling in my Lex-gut, that I just couldn't put into words .

Can you just imaginine the unthinkable--if he had actually won (gag!).

I can just imagine him, waving that 1 million dollar cheque, around:
"You voted for me ; you RE-ALLY voted for me .

I humbly thank you for giving me 7 free passes;
(cries) I did good Ma .

. . . and just to show you my appreciation, I will share 1/7th of this HUGE Snickers Bar with you (the jury).

Coors Lights and Sierra Mists, on the house!,
for everybody--even you (sneers) Marinara!
LOL.

Posted by Kokoro on 04-22-02 at 01:38 AM
Buggy, did you do the weekly smiley inventory yet?

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-22-02 at 09:16 AM
>Buggy, did you do the weekly
>smiley inventory yet?

Okay, I admit it was overkill; I hadn't got my fancy new sig pic yet. I felt, frankly, cheated--deprived--wronged!!! . My post seemed so bland and boring, I had to do SOMETHING to spice them up. LOL.

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-30-02 at 07:19 PM

I checked it out KoKo, and if we go easy on the smileys we should be ok til the next shipment. But we are having a serious Winky shortage.

Posted by desert_rhino on 04-19-02 at 08:28 PM
>I'm starting a new thread for
>this, as the other is
>so big...

"Oh my GAWD! It's so BIIIGGGG!!!" {laughter}

-- JV

"What rage for fame attends both great and small!
Better be damned than mentioned not at all." --John Wolcot (1738–1819)

OMG! {click} It's so SOFT and CUDDLY!!

Posted by katem on 04-21-02 at 11:31 PM
Larry, I'm still mourning John-boy's passing. Did you see him on the Early Show? I think he had something done. Maybe the eyelids or something. He looks FABULOUS !!!!

I too thought of you when Johnny did his posing, I thought "Larry will LOOOOOOVE this, John might be DIVA of the week, even after he was voted out".

You are too funny. Now tell me, is Kathy starting to grow on you? She is getting more points every ep.

Posted by MeToo on 04-22-02 at 06:44 PM
Larry,

I haven't had a chance to thank you for the wonderful, insightful and incredibly hilarious articles! I look forward to each edition even more than the actual show!! It is the BEST Survivor write-up ever - and certainly the most unique!

Keep it up!!!

Your Humble Fan,

MeToo

Posted by TODDLJ on 04-26-02 at 08:33 PM
By the way, the Survivornews webby is on vacation till tomorrow, so my EP9 column won't be online till then. Look for it tomorrow (saturday) afternoon.

Till then, here is a taste of it:

"This week, Paps was seen in a pink and white floral tribal headdress, with draping greenery fringing his wrinkled old head. With his pretty ‘crown of thorns,’ his emaciated body, his sun-blistered skin, and his many wounds, Pappy looked not unlike like Jesus... (if Jesus was gay and 80 years old.)"

Posted by aymelek on 04-26-02 at 09:14 PM
Oh myyyy, LMAO! If this is any indication of what we can look forward to tomorrow...I can barely wait!!! Wheeee!

"if Jesus ...."
Posted by PsychoDoc on 04-26-02 at 09:27 PM
>"This week, Paps was seen in
>a pink and white floral
>tribal headdress, with draping greenery
>fringing his wrinkled old head.
> With his pretty ‘crown
>of thorns,’ his emaciated body,
>his sun-blistered skin, and his
>many wounds, Pappy looked not
>unlike like Jesus... (if Jesus
>was gay and 80 years
>old.)"

HEY!

"RE: if Jesus ...."
Posted by dabo on 04-29-02 at 03:22 AM
ROFL! and bumping this back to page 1 coz I so want the whole article already! Lar-ry! Lar-ry! Lar-ry! (you are too damn funny, you hmb!)

ARRRRRRR!!!!

"RE: Gay Survivor Journal, Week Nine"
Posted by TODDLJ on 04-29-02 at 11:19 AM
Here's week nine!

http://www.survivornews.net/article?id=55

Sorry you all had to wait... the Survivornews webby is on vacation... The b!tch is probably in Tahiti or some lame ass place like that.

Posted by Solitaire on 04-29-02 at 11:45 AM
Thanks again Larry! I've been waiting eagerly for it Reading your articles is what makes it worth it to be a Survivor fan (along with the excellent summaries here, that is).

Unfortunately, your choice of Tammy as Diva of the Week has confirmed my suspicion that she will be next to go. Enjoy the jury, Tammy!

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-29-02 at 11:59 AM
Damn ! Larry,
Now I'm going to have to change my boot pick;
I was kind of going with the pink General, but since your Diva is usually the next to be booted, I think I might have to switch to Tammy.

ROTFLMAF!!! "So, I apologise Mr. Zanidakas for contributing to your downfall ." LOL.

Larry, I think that you may really be on to something here; I really think you should seriosly consider shedding your insights on Spoilers, you know how to spice it up a bit .

Also Kathy is both my favourite to win this thing, and you ongoing choice (this week, excluded) for being the anti-diva.

Based on the fact, that your Diva's haven't held up to well in Survivor County; I think this would be a logical conclusion, n'est pas ?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sean (singing): It's a Brand New Day.
Miranda (Shakespear's "The Tempest"): What a wonderful world with such people in it.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you
feel inferior without your consent.
http://www.amnesty.org/

Posted by aymelek on 04-29-02 at 01:40 PM
LMAO, Larry!!! These are GREAT!!! Keep them coming or I'll hunt you down & fmack ya!!!

Posted by L82LIFE on 04-29-02 at 04:59 PM
Another great edition, as usual. You had me LMAO.
I've got to agree with you-John does clean up pretty well! I barely recognized him.

Posted by katem on 04-29-02 at 05:54 PM
Larry, I'm so happy that Kathy will NEVER be "Diva of the Week", because since she is my pick to win this thing, she cannot be voted out. Tammy and Neleh are toast.

Thank you for sweet and kind words for poor, simply gorgeous John, he needed them.

I cannot wait to see who ends up as "Diva of the Season".

Posted by Swami on 04-30-02 at 11:10 AM
I am so glad your are going to comment on the fashion choices of the jurors! Now I get to LMAO at these idiots both coming and going. Thanks, Larry. Your journal is must see reading around here.

Swami

Posted by SkyRaider on 04-30-02 at 04:21 PM
As usual, I knew that I could count on your take of SuckVivor for my laugh of the week!

Please, Pappy, for the love of God! Another display like that,
and I may go straight!

Keem 'em coming!

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-30-02 at 07:29 PM

Week Nine, and you have yet to dissapoint!!
The Pappy comments had me LMAO!!

Way to go Larry!! Count me amoung the devoted!!!

EBug

Posted by s_man on 05-02-02 at 04:26 PM
As always, very funny.

I can't help but wonder, though, if John would not have been the first on the Jury, would you still have included them in your "journal"? Just wondering.

Posted by TODDLJ on 05-02-02 at 07:43 PM
Actually, I had been planning all along to include the jury, after seeing the Jury Fashion Debacle of S3...

Though Kelly looked FIERCE in her T-shirt... (did it say "BRAT"? I can't remember, but I remember thinking she looked fierce.) And Brandon was his usual gay self.

But who can forget Frank in his sarong? Talk about your unpredictable Survivor twists! That tops them all!

I can't wait to see what the rest of the S4 jurors are wearing! No doubt Zoe will look like a complete Freak tonite! I'm on pins and needles!

"Open Letter to a High Maintenance Bytch"
Posted by dabo on 05-07-02 at 03:00 AM
Larry,

Okay, the S-News Webby took a vacation at a bad time, but why should the rest of us suffer! I am seriously talking loss of audience breech of contract shyt here, you are not obligated to follow the pissant whims of cyberspace. If the text can't be uplinked, screw the unforsightful Webby who wouldn't delegate authority, post it here already!

(signed) Desperately Needing a Diva of the Week.
Dammit, Larry, we rely on you, don't leave us hanging so.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

"RE: Open Letter to a High Maintenance Bytch"
Posted by katem on 05-07-02 at 11:55 AM
Thank you Dabo, for speaking on behalf of all of us worshipers of the Church of Diva and High Priestess Larry.

Post the Journal here sweet cheeks

"desperate!"
Posted by sorgee on 05-07-02 at 03:40 PM
larry-
i have somehow managed to get everyone at the office hooked on your journal - even the boys that don't watch survivor. however, you are SERIOUSLY letting me down. i can't give the boys what they want.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get the darn thing posted!!!!! if i have to hear one more bit of whining from the boys i may have to start yelling, "oh my heck" at the top of my lungs and that just wouldn't be fair to anyone!
~d

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

"Week 10 is posted!!!!!!!!"
Posted by sorgee on 05-09-02 at 11:05 AM
And of cource the princess of oh my heckdom reigns as the diva...

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

"RE: Week 10 is posted!!!!!!!!"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-09-02 at 12:13 PM
link: http://www.survivornews.net/article?id=57

"Worth the wait !!!!"
Posted by katem on 05-09-02 at 12:17 PM
The article was well worth the wait, it was, as usual, hilarious. Just one thing, don't let wait this long, if that ##### at SNews decides to go on vacation in the middle of the season, tell him to screw it, and post the Journal here

Really Mistress Larry, it was very funny.

"RE: Week 10 is posted!!!!!!!!"
Posted by L82LIFE on 05-09-02 at 05:26 PM
Oh My Heck! You are the King of diva ratings, Larry. I just need to remind myself not to read these while at work. My laughter gets a little too loud. Thanks for the fun.

"Oh, God, I have to ask.....m"
Posted by anotherkim on 05-10-02 at 02:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-02 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

was the comment:

I balled like a baby on my birthday, and I’m only 29. Really.

a typo, a Freudian slip, or just stuck in there for our amusement--I for one laughed my a$$ off over it .

great assessment as usual.

edited for my own typo-bad, bad, English teacher!

"Week 10"
Posted by MakeItStop on 05-09-02 at 12:34 PM
Bravo Larry! You've done it again. I know I don't post every week, but I want you to know that I wouldn't miss reading your Diva summaries! Please don't make us wait so long this week!

"RE: Week 10"
Posted by Bebo on 05-10-02 at 09:06 AM
Oh. My. Heck.

Wonderful yet again!

I haven't been called a "snot" since...oh...yesterday!

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

"RE: Where the heck is Week 11"
Posted by LTJ on 05-13-02 at 00:06 AM
I am sooooo sorry to make all of you wait yet again!!!!

As you can see the article is not yet online... but I will post it as soon as I can... I promise.

Last two weeks it was SNews webby's fault, but this week it was mine... I've been in Hawaii tanning my a$$ on the beach along with my GORGEOUS 20-something boyfriend. (Who appeared in a tasteful black bikini, and little more, of course.)

So, week 11 will be online by tomorrow (5/13) and week 12 will be up on friday (5/17.) I'll try to get the finale online sometime on Monday (5/20.) I've got my work cut out for me this week!

I did ask SNews webby to provide links to all the articles at the end, as per your requests....

And by the way, 'balled' was a typo... and a freudian slip. Oops! You can tell what was on my mind!

Thanks for your patience, fans!

Posted by TODDLJ on 05-14-02 at 01:27 PM
http://survivornews.net/article?id=62

Here it is!

Sorry about the wait.

Posted by Femme on 05-14-02 at 02:03 PM
That was delightful.

Scarlet L, indeed. You make me laugh!

Posted by Bebo on 05-14-02 at 02:13 PM
It was so worth the wait!

I haven't been called a "snot" since...oh...yesterday!

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

Posted by L82LIFE on 05-14-02 at 03:10 PM
Once again, you manage to make me die laughing (ok-maybe not die, but close). Great job, Larry.

Posted by katem on 05-14-02 at 05:26 PM
Larry, I love the twist and spin you put on the Journal this week. It was so funny, even Liz Berkeley got a nod (she is the ultimate "Showgirl" after all), I guess even the family members weren't "Saved By the Bell" (sorry, I couldn't resist).

One gripe though, how could you forgive Johnny boy for the horrific "goatee"? It was just awful.

Anyway, as usual very, very funny.

P.S. Time to start a new thread, this one is really long now.