URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1164
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Lis blurb in ESPN Mag 2/5/01"

Posted by GWhiz3 on 04-05-01 at 00:54 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before, if it has, then promptly ignore me, and you have my apologies.

On another board, someone mentioned an article in ESPN the Magazine concerning Tim Hasselbeck and Lis. I remembered reading this, and I found the article. It's in the February 5th issue, is located on page 38, and was written by Matt Pike. The part in question is as follows:

"The QB waited and dutifully taped the games for his girl. And then, like Tom Hanks, she was back-without the CastAway mushiness. Her first question: 'Did you beat Notre Dame?'"

(Notre Dame beat BC on November 11, 2001.)

Does anyone know if the jury has access to television or any other news source while they are at the ranch? Is it possible that Lis didn't know because she makes it to the end? Of course, I suppose she did have more urgent things to worry about out there besides whether BC won the game.

Thoughts?

GW

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Recap"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 04-05-01 at 02:19 AM
We discussed this quite a bit as evidence that Liz was still in the game at merger. My understanding was that the ranch had television, possibly including CNN Worldwide, but did not have Internet access. Thus, had Liz been booted prior to Nov. 11 (in the middle of E7), she could have found out the result on TV on game day. After that, though, the chances of her finding out seem to be minimal, since Oz isn't a football country (except for Australian-rules football). I believe that E10 starts on 11/19, so she would be hard-pressed to learn the outcome in Oz even if she were to be booted now.

"Thanks!"
Posted by GWhiz3 on 04-05-01 at 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info, AK.

GW