URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1163
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kim and Christie's "mother" assignment"

Posted by lovemydogdude on 02-24-06 at 03:44 PM
I can imagine how Kim could be annoying but it sure seems like Christie isn't working very hard on her part of the assignment. They made it look like Kim was pushing Christie way too hard when she called her OWN mother and handed the phone to Christie, but then Rhonda shows up and Christie's still on the phone. WTF!? Sounds like she was putting it off. Was she intentionally doing this to frustrate Kim? Christie seems like a revenge type of girl.

Out of the two personalities I would think Kim gets a heck of alot more done in life. I like Kim's excitement and feel it is very understandable! This exercise will be so great for her. So Rhonda FINALLY mentions that the HM's don't understand what Kim's been through..well DOIH why don't you help them understand? Or do you just want to have another bah-Kim session Rhonda?

I'm looking forward to Monday to learn more answers to Kim's questions. Today was very interesting! Kim's mom tried to get her back but dad wouldn't let her..hmmmm bet she didn't know that! It's sad that she only had one picture for her scrapbook.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kim and Christie's "mother" assignment"
Posted by patlynn on 02-24-06 at 03:51 PM
totally agree!

Posted by Ijustsharted on 02-24-06 at 04:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-06 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

You know what LMDD? This is the besT assignment in a long time!! I can actually watch it. And yes I think Christie is doing it on purpose. "well I'll show you!" "I'll do it when I want to 'cause I know that you are waiting on me" Thats my impression anyway.

Posted by Cleverone on 02-24-06 at 10:11 PM

>
>
>
>You know what LMDD? This is
>the besT assignment in a
>long time!! I can actually
>watch it. And yes I
>think Christie is doing it
>on purpose. "well I'll show
>you!" "I'll do it when
>I want to 'cause I
>know that you are waiting
>on me" Thats my impression
>anyway.
>
>
>
>I agree...Christie's doing it on purpose because she has issues and resents authority as someone else alluded to. She's such a "b#tch" to Kim who doesn't deserve Christie's treatment. Kim was wrong to call her mom for Christie (a bit pushy still), but it was on time as Rhonda gave them a time frame, I believe. Maybe she should have let Christie get in trouble, but it means sooo much to Kim to find answers.

Kim is very excited and Christie's dangling the "proverbial carrot" over her and saying...."I'll do it when I get ready"...her attitude lately makes me wonder if SO is the right place for her...she's clearly not ready to face her issues...I see her getting asked to leave if she doesn't change and soon.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by patlynn on 02-24-06 at 04:27 PM
btw- we have a dog named Dude too!!!

Posted by Labyrinth on 02-24-06 at 04:51 PM
Did anyone notice in yesterday's ep that during their session with Rhonda, Christie just repeated from her notes what Kim said - she did not state what a relative had told her. Meanwhile, Kim gave information that she got from a relative.

I don't think Christie did the assignment yesterday before they met with Rhonda. Christie doesn't want to do this and it has nothing at do with Kim - it is about Christie's fear that she is her mother and the neglect she gives to caring about herself.

Kim - should not - JMO - called her mother - FOR Christie. It was up to Christie to either meet the 7 p.m. deadline that Rhonda set or face the consequences.

Kim looks happier on the outside but she is still the controlling Kim who want's answers. I would safely assume that she has alreadyasked dear old mom why she left her child with Daddy Dearest, and I will make you a bet that the answer didn't satisfy Kim. So here she is once again seeking the answer.

No answer will wash away the crimes of the past Kim. You will not receive the magic bean from the Fairy Godmother. Why don't you ask your dad why he beat you?

Posted by lovemydogdude on 02-24-06 at 05:20 PM
Ok I agree Christie does not like the assignment in general and I'm sure this contributes to her lack of enthusiasm about the whole thing. I agree that Kim shouldn't have called her own mother but in the end it looked as if she was pushed to that point. I think Christie put it off and put it off until the last minute, not just because she doesn't like the exercise but IMO because she was antagonising Kim. I think Christie is irritated by Kim's enthusiasm with the process in general, and she's lashing out by making Kim suffer in her own different way..by not taking care of business as she should.

Posted by shawnar on 02-24-06 at 05:43 PM
I think that Christie has an authority problem that probably dates back to pretty much raising herself. That would explain why she was "annoyed" with Rhonda. I do think she's having a hard time giving up her addictions and taking it out on everyone else. I think that Kim has a "pleasing atttitude" that probaly dates back to her childhood. I'm not sure if Christie is going to make it in the house I guess I will wait and see.

Posted by JustBNMe on 02-24-06 at 10:10 PM
I agree with ya Shawnar.

I also think Christie is just plain lazy. She has shown no enthusiasm for any of the exercises she has been asked to do. I don't think it has anything to do with this exercise being about their mothers. She complains about everything and everyone. Look how she moaned on about the place in Malibu and how the people were there. The only exercise chunky monkey Christie gets is running her mouth. They need to give her a day like TJ had when she couldn't talk.

Posted by snowflake2 on 02-25-06 at 02:25 PM
LMDD wrote: <<Ok I agree Christie does not like the assignment in general and I'm sure this contributes to her lack of enthusiasm about the whole thing. I agree that Kim shouldn't have called her own mother but in the end it looked as if she was pushed to that point. I think Christie put it off and put it off until the last minute, not just because she doesn't like the exercise but IMO because she was antagonising Kim. I think Christie is irritated by Kim's enthusiasm with the process in general, and she's lashing out by making Kim suffer in her own different way..by not taking care of business as she should.>>
---------------------------------------------------------------
I agree.

First, let me say I was a little uneasy at how "upbeat" Kim was about the assignment, not because I found her enthusiasm annoying, but just because she seemed to be so expectant that this exercise would finally give her some kind of answers that will suddenly make her childhood make sense. I think she might be expecting too much on this count.

However, I didn't understand why Christie was soooo annoyed and angry with Kim just for doing what was expected of them---to complete the assignment. She even complained that Kim looked around the scrapbooking place to choose embellishments for her scrapbook. She also complained that Kim was taking the assignment seriously. Aren't they supposed to?

I also agree that Christie seemed to be purposely dragging her feet on the assignment because she knew that it would make Kim anxious. Then again, Christie has approached several of her OWN assignments with that same laid-back attitude. The thing that confuses me about Christie is that she supposedly voluntarily entered the house to work on certain issues, so why does she seem so annoyed whenever these issues are brought up?

Maybe Christie is annoyed with Kim about this assignment because she feels that Kim's "Mother problems" are in the past? Kim portrays her mom as "normal" now, but Christies mom is still actively drugging, and supposedly she is living in a car? I think Christie is distancing herself from her mom in part because of what she mentioned to Rhonda...that she is fully expecting to receive a phone call at any time that her mom's lifestyle has killed her. Christie also seems to NOT WANT TO see any similarities between her mom & herself...like another poster mentions, Christie wants to believe she is "better" than the mom. I also think Christie might be resenting Kim for the comment Kim made when they were discussing Christie's mom with Rhonda. The conversation turned to the reasons Christie's mom started drugging, and Kim said something like, "Hearing that, I wonder if those are the reasons YOU are doing this also" or something to that effect. I think Christie seemed to be really "p!ssed off" (to use one of C's own favorite phrases) that Kim drew the parallel between Christie & her mom.

Posted by klh830 on 02-24-06 at 07:02 PM
This has been a great assignment. I really think Kim should be commended on her enthusiasm, not chastised by Christie. She is working dilligently on her assignment and Christie is fluffing through. I can see why Kim wants to keep working, she is finally getting the answers to questions that she has had her entire life. Christie doesn't want to face the fact that she is a lot like her mother. I think she is realizing that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Christie will no longer have the fantasy that she is better than her mom. I also think she is jealous of Kim and Rhonda's relationship. Kim is a victim and Christie is an addict. I wonder if Christie thinks that people will feel more compassion for Kim instead of her. We all know how much she craves attention and acceptance. Christie knows people feel more compassion for victims and less compassion for addicts. She clearly showed that mentallity at Promises the other day. She couldn't see those people as addicts, she saw them as spoiled people that had nothing better to do with daddy's money. They weren't worth compassion because they had money.

Posted by maryellennaco on 02-24-06 at 09:58 PM
I see Kim as someone who may have some excitability problems, but it's only because she's finally letting go. To have Christie keep on saying over and over ad nasuem, "Kim is pissing me off" just makes me crazy!! Finally Rhonda said today that the SO women don't understand Kim and all she's been through.. well HELLO BEYOTCH.. YOU DID IT FIRST, Rhonda... What, NOW she's figuring out Kim??? What a ding=dong!
Christie doesn't seem in any shape to get in touch with her OWN feelings about HER mother, but she's determined to make Kim pay.. Just another SCREWED UP task that will undoubtably blow up on the wrong person at the wrong time. Great job AGGGGGAin, RHONDA!

Posted by 4theanimals on 02-24-06 at 10:31 PM
What I found of interest was there was no mention of Kim actually talking to Christie's mother. I wondered if this is more SO creative editing or if Rhonda was actually there for the 7pm meeting. Their is no doubt Christie is resistant, but I also didn't get the impression she was missing any deadlines. It seemed more that she just wasn't doing it fast enough for Kim. And/or wasn't willing to become annoying like Kim. I note that Kim called Christie's sister twice and wanted to call her again when Christie basically told her to chill out. It seems these two are going to have to have it out. As an aside I thought the best part was when Rhonda told them they were going to make scrapbooks and they both acted so excited and then went directly to confessional to complain!!

Posted by Dayum Yankee on 02-24-06 at 11:00 PM
As I've said before in other posts. I like Kim and I've liked her since the start and have felt soooo bad for her. I think she's come a long way and now that she is finally "getting it," she wants to go forward and as fast as she can. I don't think she can help herself pushing Christie to find out information, she's waited so long for answers and knows that her relationship with her mom is the key to fixing herself. Christie doesn't want to know her mom, doesn't want contact etc. because she's starting to realize that she is her mother in so many ways and because she resents the assignment she's gonna make Kim pay. I think its a combination of being lazy and resentful that she's being made to do something she doesn't want to do and because she doesn't understand Kim's enthusiasm, she gets angry instead. Christie is very selfish and is a master at avoidance. Hopefully she learns soon that facing a problem head on and dealing with it is the only way she's gonna get through it and its time she get rid of the hoidy toidyness.

Posted by SOWayz on 02-25-06 at 00:43 AM
I think that Christie is afraid that her mother will turn out to be better than Christie has described her as being. Christie loves being "the victim". If mom turns out better than expected, the housemates will know this, and Christie will have to give up her victim status. I'm having a difficult time watching the Christie vs. Mom storyline. Christie's mother did give Christie her life, while Christie ended her own childs life. How can Christie complain.

Posted by OklaBlue on 02-25-06 at 10:08 AM
Christie does seem very self centered. Maybe they should send her down to the homeless shelter to do some work for others.

Posted by snowflake2 on 02-25-06 at 02:36 PM
I find certain parts of Christie's portrayal of her mom confusing.

Christie describes her mom as "homeless" and says she is living in a car. But she also talked about how she feels sorry for her 11 year old brother because he still has to be with the mom, and Christie is afraid the mom's lifestyle will damage him? I'm confused...does the brother live in the car too?

And if the mom is homeless and lives in the car, how is Kim supposed to call her? Does she keep a cell phone in the car?

Did I miss some aspects of Christie's story that answers these questions? Because right now, some things just aren't making sense to me.

Posted by JustBNMe on 02-25-06 at 03:02 PM
snowflake2 I wondered the same thing. I really think Christie is embellishing alot of her story and is afraid of being found out. If she can't blame her past on her mom then she has to take responsibility for the chocies she made and can't say it's all she knew how to do. Christie loves to pass the buck and then play victim. She is also crass, lazy and lacks a true desire to better herself. She seems to begrude others the things they have worked hard to get and is jealous of the hope that Kim has for her own life and relationship with her mother. Christie wants everyone to be as unhappy as she is. She hates seeing others happy and enthusiastic whcih is how Kim is at times. Christie needs to get off the pity pot and get moving to make her life better and quit lamenting about what she missed out on and doesn't have.

Posted by susan765 on 02-25-06 at 03:21 PM
I think she is taking things that have happened in the last 32 years at one point and portraying them as constants. I think she is deeply vested in blaming others for her problems. But get real your in your 30's and no one made you drink, pop pills or over eat. She also I think made up the father suicide story. The man drove drunk and hit a telephone pole that doesn't equal suicide to me. I think its more of her pity me.

Posted by sharnina on 02-26-06 at 03:37 AM
I think what I heard her say was that her father was drunk and that her mother told him not to drive but he did anyway. His family were the ones to come up with the suicide story in order to avoid the embarrassment of his drinking. So they publicly blamed Mom for his "decision" to commit suicide.

That's what I thought I heard anyway.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 02-26-06 at 09:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-06 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

That was the way I took it also sharnina. Her father's family couldn't look at it as drunk driving and made it a suicide.

IMHO I don't know why Christie would embellish anything that happened to her. I can't imagine living my life wondering if I would get a phone call that my mother finally overdosed and died. And Christie also lived the life of many, many addictions. So not sure what is there to embellish. I think Christie just doesn't know how to be a grown up responsible adult because no one has bothered to show her. That is why she fails in relationships, it is her way or bye-bye.

The difference between Kim and Christie and the mother assignments is that Kim wants to know everything and currently has a relationship with her mom while Christie could care less to know more about her mom. I find it odd that Kim is supposed to have a relationship with her mom but can't bring herself to ask her why she never came back. If it was, as her mom told Chrisite that the father wouldn't let her have Kim back, why did no one else in the family ever tell Kim that? Sounds odd that even her aunt that cares for her deeply didn't know that. It explains a lot as to why her dad was so mean, he was taking revenge for mom out on Kim.

Kim goes at her assignments 1000% Christie also does her but at a slower pace. Both complete them, so I feel Kim was way out of line to keep nagging at Christie to contact people. Seeing Kim do this reminds me what her husband said - no matter what you do for her it is never enough. Why didn't Rhonda pick up on this and address it???? Instead she told Christie to step it up a notch and Kim to dial it back a notch. Kim's idea of dialing it back was to call her mom herself and hand the phone to Christie. I would be po'd too if I were Christie.

Posted by snowflake2 on 02-26-06 at 01:40 PM
SOfan0221 wrote: <<The difference between Kim and Christie and the mother assignments is that Kim wants to know everything and currently has a relationship with her mom while Christie could care less to know more about her mom. I find it odd that Kim is supposed to have a relationship with her mom but can't bring herself to ask her why she never came back. If it was, as her mom told Chrisite that the father wouldn't let her have Kim back, why did no one else in the family ever tell Kim that? Sounds odd that even her aunt that cares for her deeply didn't know that. It explains a lot as to why her dad was so mean, he was taking revenge for mom out on Kim.>>
-------------------------------------------------------------
I think Kim wants a relationship and/or answers from her mother so badly that she is fooling herself that they have a "normal" relationship now. If the relationship is so "normal", why does Kim have to go on a TV show to find answers to her questions? She's had access to the mom for years, but it sounds like she never even confronted her mom about these issues.

Someone (can't remember which relative of Kim's) told Christie that Kim's mom dropped her off at the dad's so she could get settled with her new husband. What kind of woman dumps her kid off to an abusive man in a house of squalor just because she found a new man? (I find it very hard to believe the mom wasn't aware that Kim's dad was abusive and that the living conditions were so bad.) And then Kim's mom wanted her back, but the dad said no, so she just shrugged and gave up? How hard would it have been to legally get Kim back, considering the abuse and living conditions at the dad's house?

I'm finding it a little hard to believe that Kim's mom possesses the qualities Kim said she did---"thoughtful" "generous", etc.---when reviewing traits off the "ideal mother" board with Rhonda. I think Kim is in a little bit of denial here. Maybe the mom is "normal" only in comparison to the psycho dad? I think Kim's childhood has left her with an inability to even judge what an "ideal mother" is...and on some level Kim must know this, which is why she's always questioning herself with Jax.

Posted by OklaBlue on 02-25-06 at 04:41 PM
Neither one wanted to do the scrapbook task, and neither one said anything to Rhonda. We heard it as "confessional".

As for Christie's brother...I just don't buy that one at all. She's manipulating something here to keep herself invested in being screwed up forever.

Posted by snowflake2 on 02-26-06 at 01:44 PM
OklaBlue wrote: <<Neither one wanted to do the scrapbook task, and neither one said anything to Rhonda. We heard it as "confessional".>>
---------------------------------------------------------------
LOL, a little bit of editing humor there, to go from Christie & Kim both feigning enthusiasm to Rhonda, directly to the confessional where they are both complaining about the task.

Posted by Labyrinth on 02-27-06 at 06:54 PM
>I find certain parts of Christie's
>portrayal of her mom confusing.
>
>
>Christie describes her mom as "homeless"
>and says she is living
>in a car. But
>she also talked about how
>she feels sorry for her
>11 year old brother because
>he still has to be
>with the mom, and Christie
>is afraid the mom's lifestyle
>will damage him? I'm
>confused...does the brother live in
>the car too?

AND her homeless car has a phone! since Kim easily reached her by phone. Amazing huh?

Posted by lovemydogdude on 02-27-06 at 04:16 PM
So today they show the rest of the story... I'm guessing because Christie's Mom supposedly lives in a car that it will be harder for Kim to get a hold of her. I'm sure Kim left a message for her to call her immediately and I can see Christie just laying around without even attempting to call. Yes I agree it was pushy of Kim to make the call herself but I still think she was pushed to feel like she should do so. I know Kim is driving Christie bonkers with this exercise BUT if I can find her excitement understandable it sure seems like Christie could try to do the same. Christie thinks Kim's pushing HER buttons!?

Posted by Alpharedhead on 02-27-06 at 06:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-06 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

My favorite part -- "I'm not resistant to the assignment. I'm resistant to Kim."

Yeah. Cuz, now its her fault your mom is a homeless addict. No, really. We see that you have no resistance to this assignment at all.

Really.

(Oh, brother.... I actually feel sorry for Kim, and she is being kind of annoying.)

~AR~

Posted by Cleverone on 02-27-06 at 06:38 PM
Yeah right...Christie's resistant to change..."PERIOD"...she's used excuses all her life...it's everybody's fault but her own (whine...whine --have some cheese to go with that whine).

I feel that Chrisie's about to get caught in her "embellishments". Why did she call her sister today to notify her that they are trying to contact her and then preceeded to tell her what "NOT TO SAY" about their mother..." nothing BAD, just stuff about her as a woman"...hhhhmmmmmnnn, makes you wonder! Also, how are they suppose to get her if she lives out of her car and where's the little brother she's sooo concerned about???? If he was a priority, then why didn't she take him in to give him some semblance of a real life.... "Something in this milk isn't clean: ....Christie's hiding something. She was more concerned for Justin than her own brother..."that she cares so much for"....yeah right!!!!

Posted by susan765 on 02-27-06 at 07:58 PM
She's driving me crazy! I really wish Kim had more back bone and would slap a bottle of whiskey in her hand and tell her to shut the "F" up already!

Posted by snowflake2 on 02-27-06 at 10:51 PM
So on today's show (2/27), Christie said Kim's mom told her she left Kim's dad because he was abusive, yet she never dreamed he would be abusive to Kim??? Is this woman for real?

Posted by SOfan0221 on 02-28-06 at 02:49 PM
Wow, Kim really showed herself today.

Interesting that when it was her mother that she wanted the info about she dogged Christie every step. Now that she has her information she has yet to call Christies mom OR sister and it is ok because Rhonda told her it was an ongoing assignment.

Excuse me!!! Rhonda told you it was an ongoing assignment before Christie ever called your mom.....oh forgot - Christie never had the chance to call your mom because you picked up the phone and called her yourself and then handed the phone to Christie.

Think Ms. Kim is a very selfish person and is very uncaring of others feelings.

And to think it appeared she was po'd over no eggs in the refrigerator. Too funny.

Posted by susan765 on 02-28-06 at 03:57 PM
I posted this in another thread because I think there is some confusion:
She did try to get it done right away but could not reach anyone on the phone. That's not her fault. Also she tried to ask Christie what she wanted to know about her mother but Christie shut her down and would not contribute. The conversation with Christie was Christie telling Kim that she was annoyed and upset with her sister for not returning the calls. I think Kim appeared to be uninterested because for days Christie's been complaining about Kim. If I were Kim I'd be a little PO'D by Christie.

Also people have a right to have bitchy days. She wasn't bitching about people she was complaining about there being no food in the house and it being time to go grocery shopping. Kim told Lisa that why is everyone else allowed to have problems but she can't.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 02-28-06 at 04:17 PM
Kim, IMO, has two sets of standards. Those she judges other people by and in this example it was Christie not hurling herself headlong into getting answers for Kim. And the standards she wants other to judge her by, only this time the shoe is on the other foot and it was Kim who was supposed to call Christies mom.

Kim's excuse is she has had a bad day. I'll giver her that and your right everyone is entitled to a bad day, but not because there were no eggs in the fridge. The point I was trying to make is when Christie was trying to point out to Kim that when Kim wanted answers regarding her mother she wanted them right now and now that it is Christies turn to find out about her mom then Kim can't be bothered at the moment.

I also realize Christie says she really doesn't care all that much about what her mother has to say and she didn't contribute to the questions, but really that is a moot point because Kim has detailed pages of questions for Christies mother.

Kim just isn't listening. As soon as Christie said to why is it okay when it's what you want but different for me Kim shut down. Even NuLisa couldn't carry on a coversation with her, she gets NuLisa so befuddled that she doesn't know where she is in the conversation.

Kim was upset about something and not having any eggs set her off. Instead of saying hey you guys can we get a list togther and go shopping she instead makes it sound as though she is the only one who cares that there is no food in the refrigerator. Even her husband corrected her when she was lamenting to him that there was nothing in the house to eat. He had to remind her that there was things to eat just there was nothing SHE wanted to eat in the house.

I think her (Kim's) problem is that she didn't like the answers that Christie got from her mom, so she has stewed on it and it became about no eggs as a way to release her frustration. And then Christie asks when she is going to call her mom and she can't be bothered with it at the moment. Hmmm, seems odd to me that she didn't accept that when she wanted Christie to talk to her mom. She instead got Rhonda involved right away......teacher, teacher, Christie isn't doing her part but look at my work teacher I have been trying so hard. yech.

It's a double standard and Kim is setting the standard. Mayber her and Miss Crazy Lady Kelly will get into it and then we can really see fur fly. But then again, this is strictly my own very humble opinon.

Posted by lovemydogdude on 02-28-06 at 04:00 PM
There is no doubt that Kim has her faults. I think Christie's
b!tchy nature with Kim throughout the whole exercise has contributed to Kim's grumpiness today. I'm sure Christie's irritating Kim too at this point. Christie didn't even seem to care about the assignment until today and then she chooses to bring it up during a conflict Kim was having with the other girls!? I think it was just another attempt to strike out at Kim.

Kim put full effort into the assignment. If she's dragging her feet at this time I feel it's out of spite. They even showed her trying to call Christie's sister TWICE and then Christie having to call her again to leave a follow up message so I'm assuming they're not returning Kim's calls. Christie's mom supposedly lives in a car so I'm sure she's not easy to contact. Kim even had to provide Christie with her OWN mother's phone # today which was pretty pathetic.

Posted by Cleverone on 02-28-06 at 06:49 PM

>
>And to think it appeared she
>was po'd over no eggs
>in the refrigerator.
>Too funny.

ROTFLMAO!!!! It was toooo funny....I'll bet she wishes she had those eggs she wasted in one of her first exercises...if I was one of the HG's...I'd have brought that up and watch the feathers fly (tooo funny).

Kim does hold grudges and she was clearly getting even with Christie, today, and Christie was acting just as she claimed Kim did...reversed situation...which Christie had the opportunity to see how Kim felt.

Kim always takes two steps forward and three backwards. I was beginning to feel sorry for her, but she's still doing some of the things that she's supposedly conquered (babbling like an idiot, keeping score, complaining about the littliest thing "eggs"... etc.)...why didn't she go and make the pancakes that she said were there?...why complain to her husband (who can't do diddly about it)...she reminds me of a co-workers' wife when the man returned from a trip, she met him at the airport and started b#tching about everything that had gone wrong while he was away...(first thing out of her mouth, I kid you not)...no Hello, Honey, how was you trip???I wouldn't want to come home to this type of behavior either, poor man.

BTW...I thought Christie didn't give a d#mn about the phone call to mom....now, she's excited???? I don't get her...she's just as bad as Kim...just a notch off the mark (JMHO).

Posted by SOfan0221 on 02-28-06 at 06:55 PM
Well said cleverone.

And I agree Christie doesn't appear to care about her mom, I thought she just brought it up to try and make the point with Kim that when the tables were turned Kim was in hyperdrive and now that she knows about her mom she is dropping the ball.

They butt heads, that is for sure although no one butts heads like Kelly the goat. lol

Posted by Shazbot on 03-01-06 at 02:07 AM
I was struck today when Christie's mother said to Kim - "I will always be how I am, I will never change"... or some such thing... and I thought what a cop out. It is obvious she never took Christie into consideration as a child. Gee kid, sorry, I'm aware of how I am, but that's your dumb luck!!!

Posted by beckettrep on 03-01-06 at 09:57 AM
I, for one, was glad to see Kim stone-walling Christie today. Let Christie get a taste of her own medicine. When Kim as anxious and excited to hurry up and get answers Christie, I feel, PURPOSELY drug her feet getting to the assignment - that is just a mean thing to do to anyone - Whatever Kim's purpose for now taking her time in getting the phone calls made certainly can't be any worse than Christie's original motivation for stalling. Christie is getting what she gave - what goes around comes around. Bravo to Kim - I say let that beoytch Christie hang for awhile - the worse that will happen is that Christie will get "P!ssed Off" and we all know that is nothing new since she's ALWAYS p!issed off anyway.

Posted by sharnina on 03-09-06 at 07:25 PM
I'm bumping this because I have a feeling there is about to be a lot of discussion about Kim and Christie's moms.

Boy, was Christie ticked today or what?? IMO, she has right to be ticked. Her mom could at least say she's sorry for all that has gone before rather than just chalking it up to "This is who I am and I'm not about to change."

Posted by Cleverone on 03-10-06 at 01:49 PM

Thanks Sharnina for bumping this thread because it's sure to get hot now.

....Christie was very pissed off because she's "always blamed" her mother for her problems (not that she didn't contribute to them) but knowing what type of parentage she had shouldn't preclude her from bettering her own life.

...but, noooo, Christie took the easy road right behind her mother and then preceeded to use her mother as her "scapegoat" so that she can't be held accountable for her own behavior. If she hated her life so much and blames her mother...then, why follow in her footsteps...and I'm of the opinion that she saw other examples (friends homes she wanted to emulate) so she can't use that excuse, either. She knows the difference between right and wrong behavior especially since she suffered from it.

(IMO) Christie and Kim are putting their parents in an impossible position as they can't turn back the clock and become the "fantasy parents" they wanted them to be....these are grown women (Kim and Christie) and accountable for their own actions and somewhere along the line, regardless to what type of childhood they had, they have to accept responsibility for what they (themselves) do from this moment on.

An apology would've been nice, however, I don't think it would've sufficed for Christie no matter what the woman did..as Christie's mother said...."she is who she is" and her behavior hasn't changed so it's up to Christie to let go of the "blame" she's gruffly holding on to and make her life better...her mother can't do it for her...hell, the woman can't take responsibility for her own life.

The same scenerio applies to Kim...as her mother can't take back all the abuse she suffered and so Kim has to make a way for her to take responsibility for her own life from this point forward and "stop" seeking revenge on the world for her sad childhood...she acts like she's the only one who's ever been abused...get over yourself Kim...the world's full of unforunates like you and a lot of them have overcome their past....to become whole adults...who've learned exactly how to live a fulfilled life inspite of their beginnings...everyone isn't going to bow down to you because of yours.

Posted by Pixeltalk on 03-10-06 at 03:57 PM
I think Christie's anger has something to do with her being so similar to her mother. The drinking, drugging, lack of self-confidence, etc. In fact, she alluded to that on yesterday's show and I give her a lot of credit for it. When she can forgive herself and recognize herself in her mother, she can then forgive her mother. But that is probably a long way down the road.

On the other hand, Kim's mother really does have a lot to answer for. She left an eight-year-old child (HER child) with a man she knew to be violent and unstable, just so she could start a new relationship. That is like Susan Smith, that woman who drowned her two little boys because her boyfriend didn't want kids around.

I question whether some people can ever be forgiven, like Kim's dad. What he did, in my opinion, is unforgivable. I have a book called, "Toxic Parents," written by a therapist, that says it can be counterproductive to a patient's progress to forgive a parent guilty of horrendous physical or sexual abuse. You SHOULD blame them for what they did to you; you were just a child and had NO responsibility for it.

The effect of being alone with that madman for 8-10 years, never knowing when he would put a gun to your or his head or beat the stuffing out of you, can not be underestimated. Lots of people never really "get over" an experience like that.

Posted by sharnina on 03-10-06 at 04:32 PM
>On the other hand, Kim's mother
>really does have a lot
>to answer for. She left
>an eight-year-old child (HER child)
>with a man she knew
>to be violent and unstable,
>just so she could start
>a new relationship.
>
>The effect of being alone with
>that madman for 8-10 years,
>never knowing when he would
>put a gun to your
>or his head or beat
>the stuffing out of you,
>can not be underestimated. Lots
>of people never really "get
>over" an experience like that.

Kim was only 5 when her mom left her and so she was with that monster for at least 13 years.

Yeah, Mom has a lot to answer for.

Posted by Shazbot on 03-10-06 at 09:29 PM
Interesting - the book "Toxic Parents" - that forgiveness is not necessarily an option for a victim of abuse. I hadn't heard that concept before, thank's for sharing Pixeltalk.

I do think that Kim has trouble expressing compassion, but I don't think she's uncompassionate... and I think being accused of that - is adding insult to injury, and why she keeps reacting to negative remarks from the housemates.

The adult madman couldn't sort himself out, why on earth would his young daughter be able to.

Posted by lovemydogdude on 03-10-06 at 05:06 PM
As far as Christie goes..I just wanted to say that she may compare to her mom as far as taking on addictions in her life but at least Christie didn't have kids involved.

Initially I thought this assignment paired up the wrong two gals but now I'm thinking it will probably be the key to Christie finally developing a friendship with Kim. Christie's straight-forward enough to help Kim see the changes she needs to make..and if she felt connected to Kim she could really help her and visca versa.

Posted by Shazbot on 03-10-06 at 09:17 PM
I find this assignment interesting... but I'm wondering if even Rhonda might have viewed it as a bit of a failure, though it's still ongoing.

I think the idea is that each woman would end up having a reaction to the other's predicament. That Kim would've told Christie that she found it unfathomable that her Mom didn't care how she was, that that's just 'who she was'. And that Christie would've told Kim - gee there seems to be a lot of denial in your family. ...that Kim and Christie were supposed to help validate eachother... like, oh my gosh, that's what you had to put up with? I think that's what Kim meant when she said she wasn't getting enough from Christie.