URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1155
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Good place for a non-elim"

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-12-05 at 12:10 PM
Normally I hate non-elimination legs, but this episode was a picture-perfect example of what a non-elim should be. Take a final task, riding a centrifuge, that is first-come, first-served. Add in a 15-30 minute ride in the centrifuge (after all the buckling up and safety checks, that thing has to take a while to get up to speed). And the end result is an automatic Philimination for the team who is last to arrive at the centrifuge. Editing aside, there was no doubt who was going to be last once the Aiellos got the "8" ticket.

To quote Pink Floyd, "It's just another brick in the wall." Move over TAR6, TARF is shaping up to be the worst.season.ever.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Good place for a non-elim"
Posted by Cyndimaus on 10-12-05 at 12:51 PM
I was thinking the same thing! The only possible way for the Aiello's to avoid elimination was for one of the other teams to become hopelessly lost and that didn't seem too likely. (despite the editing to make it seem possible) In a way, it really didn't seem fair to eliminate a team since they had no choice but wait. It wasn't even a matter of goofing up on a task, you just sit there. What a helpless feeling that must be! And you know the guys must have known they were going to be eliminated barring a miracle.

siggie by ARnutz

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 10-12-05 at 01:18 PM
No, I am liking TAR 8.

Yes, I agree on your point about the centrifuge. How else can you explain the Italians getting so lost and still arriving before the other teams that left the centrifuge after them?

This should have been a non-elim, and the next leg being a real killer one.

Posted by cipher5150 on 10-12-05 at 01:30 PM
Totally agree Max. I posted this same thought in another thread at the same time. Don't bunch the teams if there is no way for them to change their position. When I saw this roadblock I was sure this was a non-elimination ep. and I couldn't beleive it when they started the sad music as the Aiello's jumped on the mat. This seemed like the perfect non-elimination ep.

Posted by Fishercat on 10-12-05 at 09:38 PM
Considering that, for four teams, it essentially came down to who could grab a ticket faster, a non-elim would have been just fine.

Posted by Breezy on 10-13-05 at 12:06 PM
My DD was shocked it wasn't a nonelim.

It really should have been.

I've been Gothed.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-13-05 at 03:36 PM
I agree. I've been defending the choice of destinations for this season --- but the choice of challenges on the last episode just svcked!

I'm nuts for Nutz ... and Syren too.
journal

"Agree, agree, agree"
Posted by MTW1961 on 10-13-05 at 03:46 PM
I don't have much to add. I was stunned to find out it was an elimination leg. I would have loved to see the eliminated team go off on Phil about how pathetic the last part of the leg was.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

"RE: Agree, agree, agree"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 10-14-05 at 04:23 PM
While loving this show including TAR8, this ending was very poor.

A non-elimination was the logical ending. And if the show producers felt that another team was needed to be remove then re-ordering the tasks would have been better.

Having the Shoe task (boy was that simple, and the 3.2 G tasks first with the Mud-run or the Shrimp Beheading tasks being the tasks just before the Pitstop would have been better. In-fact forget detours.

Doing 50 lbs of shrimp, followed by the mud run, then the pitstop would have been more fun. The team that gave up on the mud, would had have to do it, and the winner/eliminated would basicly be who figures out the mud run best/worse.

Earl Colby Pottinger