URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1136
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The difference between Will and Boogie"

Posted by SweetPolly on 08-30-06 at 03:02 PM
I've been watching BB since the very first season. I HATED both Will and Boogie in S2, but REALLY hated Boogie. Slimebag.
I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled to see Will come back
for Allstars.

I really have to admit, though, that I've really come to get a kick out of him and truly admire his gameplay. And, reflecting back on it, he played pretty much the same game the first time around, except that I think he's grown up some since then, or maybe I have.

The difference between Will and Boogie, to me, is that Will
doesn't intentionally hurt anyone. I mean really hurt them.
Even the original HGs in S2 had to grudgingly give him snaps and,
subsequently, the win. He even avoids getting too physically close to Janelle, and I really don't believe that he'd sleep with her. (unless you all know something I don't). He's playfully deceitful. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Boogie, OTOH, came into the house already 'friends' with Erika and, supposedly, a secret alliance. He's done nothing but use her since then, and I really think she's gonna be hurt when this is over.

I find Will entertaining. Boogie is just oily. Yuck.

Polly

Will is playful and

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The difference between Will and Boogie"
Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-30-06 at 05:49 PM
Lying, being deceitful, and manipulative while being entertaining is still lying, being decietful and manipulative. Sure it's fun to watch but the actions are still the same.

So for me there is no real difference between Mike and Will other than the entertainment factor.

Will is using Janelle the same way Boogie is using Erika. And both girls are using both guys. Erika will be hurt when she realizes that she doesn't have the upper hand and that Boogie played her better than she played him.

Posted by yamihooked on 08-31-06 at 04:23 PM
>Lying, being deceitful, and manipulative while
>being entertaining is still lying,
>being decietful and manipulative. Sure
>it's fun to watch but
>the actions are still the
>same.
>
>So for me there is no
>real difference between Mike and
>Will other than the entertainment
>factor.
>
>Will is using Janelle the same
>way Boogie is using Erika.
>And both girls are using
>both guys. Erika will be
>hurt when she realizes that
>she doesn't have the upper
>hand and that Boogie played
>her better than she played
>him.

I agree with you, and your post brings up something to mind.

If and when Boogie evicts Erika, she'll be shocked and hurt and really mad at Boogie, even though she suspects already, considering she threatened to kill him if she finds out she's being played. (I saw her say that twice on Tuesday's show.)

Janelle won't be shocked nor surprised if she finds out about Will. In fact, I think she'd nod her head and say she figured he probably was playing her.

This is why I have hopes that Janelle will get HoH and evict Mike or Will.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-31-06 at 04:30 PM
I hope Jani wins HOH and noms them too. But I really don't see that happening. Unless she wakes up and starts smelling the coffee. Right now she seems to be going along with the plan.

I am hoping that she is only faking it. I would like to see her and CG make a run for F2. She would win.

Posted by Buggy on 08-30-06 at 11:30 PM
Will has charm, Boogie has none.
Will manipulates people in the game because he understands human nature, he uses flattery and humor.
Sadly for Boogie, natural charm isn't something that rubs off.

Posted by DivineWine on 08-30-06 at 11:39 PM
Hey SweetPolly, I agree with every word you said. I disliked Will & Boogie when they first came in to BB this season, but have grown (kicking & screaming all the way) to actually liking Will & his wit & cute smile.....but dislike Boogie more & more with each show. Boogie is a "wanna-be Will", but is much more crass & icky. I am awed at how Will has manipulated every one of the housemates (except for maybe Kaysar at the end) without seeming to break a sweat. He seems to really be enjoying the "game", which is kind of cool. Still hope Janie wins though, she has had to fight harder than anyone ever has in the history of BB.

Posted by RonReports on 08-31-06 at 02:58 PM
>I disliked Will & Boogie when
>they first came in to
>BB this season, but have
>grown (kicking & screaming all
>the way) to actually liking
>Will & his wit &
>cute smile.....but dislike Boogie more
>& more with each show.

I liked both Will & Boogie from Season2. I like Will even more now and I dislike Boogie because of the way he played this game. I do find their telephone skits amusing.

Posted by Nama_P on 08-31-06 at 03:36 PM
I disagree that Will is actually nicer than Boogie...
I originally liked Will better than Boogie and thought his manipulation of other houseguests brilliant and relatively harmless. After this past week, I have a different opinion.
Boogie is far more himself on the show....arrogant, opinionated and bullying, but he's honest about who he is. When Will asked him to step up his showmance with Erica, he declined, saying it is what it is. (It's working without his having to step it up, so why do that and make it even more difficult when he kicks Erica to the curb.)
Will on the other hand has played deceitfully, then admitted it, boastfully taking all the credit for the last three (soon to be four) evictions. He continues to work Janelle, and, now, afraid that it's coming back to bite him, is making extra efforts to insult her. His discussion with Boogie in the backyard last night was a real eye opener. While I think he has been genuinely intrigued by Janelle, her job and lifestyle obviously offend him (as revealed during the dinner the night before). I wish Janelle would have heard Will and Mike's discussion. Whether Mike's comments were said to promote a rift between them to the other houseguests or not, I agree with Mike, Will's actions in the house (in showmancing Janelle) and the comments he's now making are very hypocritical...more so than Mike has ever been.
I know that Janelle started out playing Will, too. I only hope she's still playing; the Jerk doesn't deserve her.
Will has yet to appreciate that you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-31-06 at 03:55 PM
Good post...I agree with everything you said. I think Will's manipulation of Janelle is really taking things waaayyy too far. All the "flirtmance" stuff is not necessary. It's cruel.

Posted by SweetPolly on 09-06-06 at 05:03 PM
I didn't mean to imply that Will is in any way 'nice'.
His 'flirtmance' with Janelle was definitely a means to an end.
But, he drew the line at sleeping with her to get what he wanted. That's the difference I'm talking about. Boogie is just plain sleazy, in my book. No matter how 'honest' his approach may seem to some, to me, he's an unfeeling, low class user.
He brags about how Erika is going to be hurt after this is all over. I don't see how that's anything to be proud of.

Polly

Posted by Leandra47 on 09-05-06 at 01:44 AM
I compare Boogie to Howie, both are just followers, nothing they come up with on their own. Pretty boring.