URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 113
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"INXYS - what's next after this show?"

Posted by youngatheart on 08-23-05 at 02:46 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the board. I've been reading several interesting threads and enjoy everyone's comments. If this has been a topic before, forgive me, but I'm just curious as to what this is all leading up to once INXYS chooses the new lead singer. For example, if MIG (my choice) is chosen....will they be touring and rehashing all the old INXYS tunes or will this be a new revitalized band that happens to have former members of INXYS? Would this really be the biggest break for the contestants if they are contractually held to INXYS? To be honest, I listened to them years ago, but I didn't even know they were still around until this show. What do you all think? Would "losing" the show actually be a better for some?? (just thinking about American Idol where Clay Aiken lost to Ruben...can't remember his last name...I guess that's my point. Being the loser in that show was actually better in the long run). Would that be the case here too?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: INXYS - what's next after this show?"
Posted by youngatheart on 08-23-05 at 03:12 PM
What the heck does this mean next to my user name???? I'm seeing it on others too. I don't like this.

"1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

"DAW Explained"
Posted by byoffer on 08-23-05 at 04:38 PM
Hi Youngatheart. Welcome to the Boards!

We all get the DAW ratings. They are a fun way to look at our time spent on the boards. The system automatically adds to your tally, and when you pass certain thresholds (often multiples of 100 posts) your level changes. They are loosely based on what reality TV stars have done with their 15 minutes outside of the show.

There is a nice post explaining all the levels, but I can never find the link.

"RE: DAW Explained"
Posted by byoffer on 08-23-05 at 06:29 PM
I found the link. Now I will learn how to bookmark a link!!

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/19.shtml

I think once you get 20,000 posts they call you Buggy

Posted by Jep on 08-23-05 at 10:52 PM
NNNnnnoooooooooooooooooooo

Buggy is a goddess - not a DAW rating.

Oh my...

Although she certainly is worthy of being her own DAW rating

Posted by byoffer on 08-23-05 at 10:54 PM
I assure you my intention was to honour Buggy with my comment.

Posted by Jep on 08-23-05 at 10:59 PM
I assure you that I was kidding.

Why yes, it is a Syren... And yes, I AM wearing spandex

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-24-05 at 08:48 AM
I assure you both that you are embarressing me.

*blush*

Now stop that!

Posted by Jep on 08-24-05 at 12:43 PM
Cannot even secretly pay hommage to da Buggah without being caught...

I would make a terrible stalker.

Smooch

Why yes, it is a Syren... And yes, I AM wearing spandex

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-24-05 at 08:46 AM

Welcome youngatheart.
The name of the band is INXS.
I believe the band plans to have to winner tour with them performing the old hits as well as recording new material with them. The way it has been presented is that the winner of the show will be the new lead singer of INXS.
Their lead singer died a few years back and the show is a search to choose a new one.

I don't have any information , but I am sure the new singer would be given some type of contract.

I also think any of the finalists have a great chance at a career even if they are not chosen. Some of them were sucessful in bands before they were chosen to be on the show.

Don't take offense at the DAW rating, as others explained, it means no disrespect to you or any members here.

Hope you have fun on the forums!

Posted by CattyChat on 08-24-05 at 09:11 AM
What Drive said.

Also, INXS is currently signed to a label & currently working on their new album. The winner will collaborate and sing on this new album. INXS has not recorded anything since losing their friend & lead singer Michael Hutchence, they have performed occasionally with "guest" vocalists in the past few years & are looking for a comeback. Hutchence was a major creative force for INXS co-writing almost every song.

I was a big fan, so I'm hoping this next album will be good. I know who I want to win & I truly believe there is a possibility for a comeback.

Posted by youngatheart on 08-24-05 at 09:26 AM
Sorry for spelling....meant INXS. Thanks for the update on the band and what you've heard for the future. I hadn't really followed them and only heard of the lead singer tragedy from the show. The show has renewed my interest in them.

Ok...now I see the "rating" thing is all in fun...THANKS GUYS!!