URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 113
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Juan...QUITS"

Posted by DTrump on 04-15-05 at 06:23 PM
www.contender.yahoo.com

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Juan...QUITS"
Posted by nymel on 04-15-05 at 06:41 PM
Are you talking about the preview video? Doesn't he just say that if the cut is still tender when he has to fight again he won't do it? I guess the whole "quitting because of an injury thing" had nothing to do with Joey? I'm confused.

Posted by volsfan on 04-15-05 at 09:49 PM
Interesting description of episode 9 on Yahoo here.

the challenge winner can either fight or choose the combatants.

Doesn't sound like anyone comes back. The winner has a choice!

"Duplicate"
Posted by AyaK on 04-16-05 at 00:13 AM
>Interesting description of episode 9 on Yahoo here.

Uh... we already knew about that because of this thread.

"RE: Duplicate"
Posted by volsfan on 04-16-05 at 07:15 PM
The first time I read this thread and posted I didn't catch it. For some reason it didn't hit me until I went to Yahoo! and read it over there.

Posted by kay_tin on 04-17-05 at 01:22 AM
Its just like NBC...give it all away before the actual episode. So unfair! On Yahoo the video preview is called "Cut and Run" and then there's Sugar Ray questioning why Juan is making such a big deal over a superficial wound.

Any thoughts on reasons why Juan might quit that don't have to do with the cut? He got the exposure he wanted? Decided he might get beat by one of the better boxers, so prove yourself and move on?

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-17-05 at 01:24 AM
From what I know of Mark Burnett shows: by him making it appear obvious that Juan quits, we can all safely assume that he doesn't.

Posted by kay_tin on 04-17-05 at 01:49 AM
Hmm...not sure I completely agree, there were a couple really obvious clues on Apprentice ahead of time. But hey, maybe so...regardless I'll be watching. Contender has converted one person, I actually enjoy boxing now. Know nothing about it, but I enjoy it.

BTW, where's the poster who is so convinced Ahmed comes back?

Posted by pauliebear on 04-17-05 at 09:32 PM
I'm right here and I'm standing by my prediction that he wins the whole thing... They show him knocking somebody down in the previews for next week.

Posted by SheilaP on 04-17-05 at 09:42 PM
I could have sworn that I saw him in the ring with Alfonso, and yes Ahmed really comes back. I don't know about him winning it all though... because i'm personally rooting for Joey.

Posted by mike13 on 04-18-05 at 01:16 AM
Ahmed did not get one vote the first time the guys voted back Manfredo back. What makes this time around any different? Tarick should be the one to automatically come back with no vote since he is the one that put Juan out of commission. Tarick states clearly in his exit video on the contender website that hes not finished and this is a new beginning for him. That was edited out of the actual show. Im going to be pissed if they dont allow Tarick back. He is the one who deserves it. If it wasnt for him, Juan would not be going home.

Posted by Superbad on 04-18-05 at 01:35 AM
It looked like Ahmed in the preview for next week.

It looks like he's wearing different trunks than last time.

I think it's travesty to pass over Jonathan again.

Like Stallone said, "A 34-year old with 5 kids..."

5 kids, man.

They may be brave but they're definitely not business smart.
First Manfredo, now Ahmed...
I bet these guys' managers were going ape-sh*t after this.

Posted by volsfan on 04-18-05 at 08:07 AM
They may be brave but they're definitely not business smart.

I think they are very business smart! If you were going to go into the ring for a million dollars would you rather fight Ahmed or Jonathan? These guys are doing what it takes for them to be the one in the ring at the end. IMHO!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-18-05 at 09:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-05 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

I would rather fight Jonathon. Most would. As a matter of fact I woudld rather fight anyone other than Ahmend. I don't understand there logic but we will find out.

Posted by Superbad on 04-18-05 at 11:19 AM
Exactly!

Posted by ChicagoTRS on 04-18-05 at 11:59 AM
I agree Ahmed is one of the most dangerous fighters they could bring back.

As for Juan quitting I think it had a lot more to do with keeping his unbeaten record in tact and seeing he would likely be outclassed in his next fight than any injury.